VTS: The Versatile Toolbox System

Nazari1382

Great mod and certainly is under appreciated. Nazari1382 maybe you could make a cargo bay designed for your two racks? Or maybe if Talisar gives you permission to use his one, which might be easier as you will only need to stretch it a bit. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77505-Cargo-Transportation-Solutions-%28WIP%29

So ive been playing around with the MMU's on minmus, the thrust on them seems a bit low, the standard EVA packs the kerbals wear seem to move him faster than the MMU's. Granted this is probably accounted for by the weight of the MMU. Just seems a bit low.

Im gonna try changing the thrust in the cfg file from .2 to .5 and see how it goes =)

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone make a mod manager patch for this to adjust the racks? Since KAS is being finicky right now, you cannot "Grab" a part off the rack, and instead must rely on release/store. However the racks are coded as a single bay with multiple locations, so if it could be re-written to have 4 release points instead of one master release, it would have practically full functionality for resupply

I just discovered this now, to my pleasure, but I'd agree with the notion that the 'release' on the racks should be for each bay, not for all of them. I've got a user-made patch that's got KAS working pretty well on 32bit, but even then, if you board one of the MMUs while it's in the rack, I don't see any way of detaching it without releasing everything else in the rack.

Otherwise this is just great. Love the MMU and the look of the toolbox and racks.

Edit: And if anyone wanted a little project, maybe make a little individual bay for the toolbox, analogous to the bays that the KAS containers have?

Edited by Boomerang

KAS just needs to be updated for 0.24. It's that simple.

I so so wish it were that simple. I am hoping majiir can do some of his coding wizardry and make a work around.

I just discovered this now, to my pleasure, but I'd agree with the notion that the 'release' on the racks should be for each bay, not for all of them. I've got a user-made patch that's got KAS working pretty well on 32bit, but even then, if you board one of the MMUs while it's in the rack, I don't see any way of detaching it without releasing everything else in the rack.

Otherwise this is just great. Love the MMU and the look of the toolbox and racks.

Edit: And if anyone wanted a little project, maybe make a little individual bay for the toolbox, analogous to the bays that the KAS containers have?

Actually what I settled on doing for the time being is making the KAS container bay VTS compatible using a module manager patch. It looks kinda funny the way it is sitting in there, but it works.

edit: Make an MM patch that has this:

@PART[KAS_ContainerBay1]
{
@MODULE[KASModulePartBay]
{
@BAY
{
type = containervts
}
}
}

Edited by PringleMan

I so so wish it were that simple. I am hoping majiir can do some of his coding wizardry and make a work around.

Actually what I settled on doing for the time being is making the KAS container bay VTS compatible using a module manager patch. It looks kinda funny the way it is sitting in there, but it works.

edit: Make an MM patch that has this:

@PART[KAS_ContainerBay1]
{
@MODULE[KASModulePartBay]
{
@BAY
{
type = containervts
}
}
}

Nice, thanks. My only other suggestion is that perhaps the MMU could have some sort of 'release' option once it's been boarded? Let's say you've got a MMU surf attached to something in orbit and a Kerbal on EVA boards the MMU. You're stuck there unless you grab the MMU, let it go so that it's adrift, then board it that way.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I absolutely adore this little mod. Ive been using it forever now and use it almost all my stations/bases

As it seems like Nazari has been MIA for a little while now i took some time to update it to .90. (will do so again come 1.0) And thought id share it with anyone else who might still be interested. (As the wonderful licensee so allows)

I also have some custom toolbox configs for MKS/EPL resources (Ore /Substrate/Metel etc) if anyone is intrested i can include them (im bashing out some custom textures for them)

Updated .90 Download link. (NOTE: If you happen to have the mod installed you will want to delete the folder first, since i changed the install directory a little)

Changes:

• Updated the VTS toolbox to utilize KIS (instead of KAS) its about half the size of the KIS container that comes with the mod.
  • Updated all TAC Life support toolboxes to reflect current life support values. (they were way to low since TaranisElsu updated values for realism)

Hbd12eR.gif

INhBfVK.png

• 3 weeks later...
As it seems like Nazari has been MIA for a little while now i took some time to update it to .90. (will do so again come 1.0) And thought id share it with anyone else who might still be interested. (As the wonderful licensee so allows)

Would love to get my Kerbal's hands on this in 1.0.2 :)

Would love to get my Kerbal's hands on this in 1.0.2 :)

Everything functionwise works just fine in 1.02 (just tested)

There are some node-attach issues. (You can get around it by enabled "Non-strict Part Attachment Orientation Checks" in the Alt_f12 debug menu)

Ill get around to fixing the node_attach definitions tomorrow :)

Everything functionwise works just fine in 1.02 (just tested)

There are some node-attach issues. (You can get around it by enabled "Non-strict Part Attachment Orientation Checks" in the Alt_f12 debug menu)

Ill get around to fixing the node_attach definitions tomorrow :)

Nice! Did you get around to those node fixes?

Nice! Did you get around to those node fixes?

Yup sorry bout the delay, here ya go =)

Unofficial 1.0 Fix Should fix all node attach issues. Also removes the KASAttach modules (as it is depreciated) added the KIS modules to make all VTS toolboxes equip-able to the Kerbals back.

Keep in mind that with the changes to KAS/KIS you now require an engineer (with a tool-wrench or drill) to detach or remove toolboxes)

EDIT: Also Nazari will be looking into an official update of this mod soon, YAY!

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Yup sorry bout the delay, here ya go =)

Unofficial 1.0 Fix Should fix all node attach issues. Also removes the KASAttach modules (as it is depreciated) added the KIS modules to make all VTS toolboxes equip-able to the Kerbals back.

Keep in mind that with the changes to KAS/KIS you now require an engineer (with a tool-wrench or drill) to detach or remove toolboxes)

EDIT: Also Nazari will be looking into an official update of this mod soon, YAY!

Nice, but you (or Nazari) will want to change the part racks from KAS to ModuleKISPartMount (BAYs become MOUNTs, other such changes).

Going forward, a USI Life Support box would also be nice to have.

Nice, but you (or Nazari) will want to change the part racks from KAS to ModuleKISPartMount (BAYs become MOUNTs, other such changes).

Going forward, a USI Life Support box would also be nice to have.

Thanks! Forgot about the rack. fixed and updated the download above. Only issue i'm running into is when you reattach the toolboxes to the rack they attach backwards :P They work fine though can reattach and attach Toolboxes just fine :)

UkhJLVJ.png

Will try to track that one down. :)

Already have a texture made up for the USI NOMS, which ill pass along to Nazari when he does his official update.

Edited by rabidninjawombat

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.