[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

Ok, so, after playing with this some more I've found some more node issues. These two, especially the Taurus SM adapter one HAS to be fixed. It's borderline unusable... The problem is the two nodes in BOTH parts are almost on top of each other. I love the re-work, but I absolutely hate some of the new nodes.

Here's an album showing the issues. Hopefully you can fix them soon, because I love this pack, just not the new nodes.

http://imgur.com/a/jhhgc#0

Also, the Taurus Heatshield you included has the same name as the heatshield that comes with the R&SCapsuledyne download. I'd recommend changing it so MM doesn't get confused, or other players for that matter.

Renamed and I added Node Toggle to fix the problem. Thank you, sir. Updated download links, Should work now (if the files I uploaded are already approved)

Renamed and I added Node Toggle to fix the problem. Thank you, sir. Updated download links, Should work now (if the files I uploaded are already approved)

Absolutely fixed it, much appreciated! So much easier to assemble now, no hassle at all. Also, the renaming of the HS worked like a charm, glad I could help :).

I hope this mod continues to evolve, or, possibly even seeing a new project spawn all together! You have some great work in this pack; can't wait to see what the future holds.

Absolutely fixed it, much appreciated! So much easier to assemble now, no hassle at all. Also, the renaming of the HS worked like a charm, glad I could help :).

I hope this mod continues to evolve, or, possibly even seeing a new project spawn all together! You have some great work in this pack; can't wait to see what the future holds.

Thank you for your support, I appreciate it, too :D

I love the way the new parts *look*. I was not able to actually use them. About halfway through building the Taurus payload when placing the RC blocks on the SM, I encountered a session-breaking problem. Upon clicking to place the RCS block, the 'successfully placed' sound would play but nothing would happen. Turns out it placed an invisible set of the RCS blocks and proceeded to make *every* part behave this way after that. If you undo, the parts appear, but the session remains broken because when trying to launch, the options on the top bar become greyed out and nothing happens, forcing you to kill the game's process.

Also it might be worth noting that when selecting the RCS block the RCS particle effect is active in the VAB in my case. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

I love the way the new parts *look*. I was not able to actually use them. About halfway through building the Taurus payload when placing the RC blocks on the SM, I encountered a session-breaking problem. Upon clicking to place the RCS block, the 'successfully placed' sound would play but nothing would happen. Turns out it placed an invisible set of the RCS blocks and proceeded to make *every* part behave this way after that. If you undo, the parts appear, but the session remains broken because when trying to launch, the options on the top bar become greyed out and nothing happens, forcing you to kill the game's process.

Also it might be worth noting that when selecting the RCS block the RCS particle effect is active in the VAB in my case. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

I haven't encountered that problem yet, have you replicated it? Does it happen all the time?

I love the way the new parts *look*. I was not able to actually use them.

I had a similar issue, but mine was slightly different, it wasn't letting me place the Taurus capsule; it showed as if it would place properly, but would never actually place it. Was diving me mad as I thought I fudged something up with the custom MM patch I made. After re-installing the Taurus mod, removing the MM patch, etc... nothing seemed to fix it.

Turns out it was a mod (Mission Controller 2) that I didn't even think of because I was in a sandbox game testing parts and that mod affects only career games (Or, at least it advertises that). The issue was that MC2 kept trying to fill the "Available Kerbals" list so the Taurus capsule would have the maximum allowed crew. The only reason I finally noticed it was because MC2 is integrated into the stock messaging system and I finally saw the 20+ messages it had spawned. It kept spamming "Auto hired new Kerbal: John Doe Kerman!" but it was never actually hiring them, I guess maybe because it was in sandbox mode, I really don't know. I didn't bother any further testing with the plugin due to how frustrating that one issue was.

I removed the mod (Mission Controller 2) and all issues were resolved. Sad I had to remove it because it does a nice job spicing up career saves: hiring kerbals cost money, life insurance for the kerbal's "family" if he died on a mission, etc. Disappointed I couldn't keep it but it was messing with sandbox, and, you know, you should be allowed to do anything in a sandbox game mode. It's named that way for a reason... Combined with the fact that, for the most part, I end up making custom MM patches to suit some things to my playstyle, and, well, I need something that'll let me test the parts instantly, so MC2 had to go.

Hope this little write up / rant will help you determine the problem. It may be this mod, or it may be some other mod that you have no idea it could even interfere with something like this. If you run a heavily modded game, try to think back to what mods you installed. Try to remember what you've installed recently before installing this mod. If you installed any more mods after installing Aerojet Kerbodyne before testing to see if it worked before installing more mods, then I think that's the next logical step. It could be a plugin that changed a game mechanic, or even something that added a MM config that could be unintentionally messing with items that contain certain modules and so forth.

Also, be sure you installed Sumghai's SDHI service modules and it's dependencies. I know that can cause some wonky issues.

TL/DR - Had same issue but with a capsule. Turned out to be another mod (Mission Controller 2) that should just affect career, but it didn't and was trying to auto hire kerbals to fill remaining seats. Removed mod and placing issues were resolved. Make sure it's not another mod interfering by changing something via a MM config. Yes, I've seen one where the user wanted to change just his RCS thrusters. Instead of changing just those parts, he did it in a way that affected any part that had the module "ModuleRCS" in it. Make sure you have all of the dependencies as well.

Hope this can shed some light on the issue that you're having! If it doesn't, oh well, maybe it'll help someone in the future :).

Edited by FiiZzioN

Still hadn't time to play since 0.24 is out (It is a long time already :D) But glad to see your next major update is out. It looks so good :D I plan in to continue with KSP soon, can't wait to play with this awesome stuff. Your project here has reached another form of perfection :D

Here's to hoping you get back soon. Thanks for the good words man :D

I love the new pack! But I'm a bit confused... (This is probably my own ignorance or something)

Why are there two identical service modules? One is named the exploration, and the other is a transfer or something to that effect. Both have identical stats, and are identical in appearance. Did I just install wrong? Or is there something I'm missing...

I'm also having a problem with part elasticity, but I highly suspect that one of my dependencies is out of date. So, I wouldn't consider that to be a "bug" for you...

Other than that question, and the resolved problem with nodes, this is a very well put together pack! Excellent work as always!

I love the new pack! But I'm a bit confused... (This is probably my own ignorance or something)

Why are there two identical service modules? One is named the exploration, and the other is a transfer or something to that effect. Both have identical stats, and are identical in appearance. Did I just install wrong? Or is there something I'm missing...

I'm also having a problem with part elasticity, but I highly suspect that one of my dependencies is out of date. So, I wouldn't consider that to be a "bug" for you...

Other than that question, and the resolved problem with nodes, this is a very well put together pack! Excellent work as always!

I think it's because of the New Orion and the Constellation Orion and also that they can be used for the Taurus capsule too. :)

What tygoo said is true but the Transfer Vehicle Service Module is considerably heavier. It is useless until you have TAC life support because it is made to transfer resources. Their difference is explained in the part description but who reads it? :P

Here's to hoping you get back soon. Thanks for the good words man :D

Well, when I moved and started university in a few weeks I have time again probably (at least until finals lol) problem is now is everything so stressful and when I have time to play on my PC I alway play something else (Thanks to Steam I have way too much games, that I want to play at the same time ) KSP and RL just don't get along well together sometimes :D

Edited by DasBananenbrot

Well, when I moved and started university in a few weeks I have time again probably (at least until finals lol) problem is now is everything so stressful and when I have time to play on my PC I alway play something else (Thanks to Steam I have way too much games, that I want to play at the same time ) KSP and RL just don't get along well together sometimes :D

True, you don't need to play ksp that much anyway so it's fine. You should play what you are comfortable with :D

Do you plan on making the heatshield inflatable like the SDHI one?
The SDHI heatshield isn't inflatable. The inflatable part is a flotation collar that should be deployed just before splashdown.

I originally planned to, it is possible but I was still studying how it works. I'm still not getting serious about it. I really am planning to add it to both heatshields eventually. I also had an idea of adding detail to the aerocap (it should have a truss that touches the docking port).

The next release (which is in planning phase at the moment), will be focused on lander can. I plan to make the Altair Lander using the stock lander can, whichever of the two fits or maybe both, who knows.

Hello blackheart612,

I can't believe i missed this one.....

Looks great.

Any problems / issues with NEAR ??

thanks and great work again.

So far, nobody reported issue with that especially these parts are made for upperstage so it wouldn't cause too much problem should it have an issue.

I originally planned to, it is possible but I was still studying how it works. I'm still not getting serious about it. I really am planning to add it to both heatshields eventually. I also had an idea of adding detail to the aerocap (it should have a truss that touches the docking port).

The next release (which is in planning phase at the moment), will be focused on lander can. I plan to make the Altair Lander using the stock lander can, whichever of the two fits or maybe both, who knows.

So far, nobody reported issue with that especially these parts are made for upperstage so it wouldn't cause too much problem should it have an issue.

I was wondering about re-entry... Any lift considerations regarding the heat shield and other control during 'the burn' issues.... That's all....

Thanks.

I do believe this is from 2009 revision.

I was wondering about re-entry... Any lift considerations regarding the heat shield and other control during 'the burn' issues.... That's all....

Thanks.

I think it's normal. I'm not quite sure what to answer especially since I tested this on stock physics.

I've run into something very similar. If I choose one of the SM RCS blocks, the particle effect is going full bore, and the parts will not attach even though you hear the appropriate sound. It doesn't matter what I try to put the RCS blocks on. At that point, none of the parts behave correctly and the only button on the upper right bat that works is the "New Project" button. Then things will work normally again. The few times the Launch button has worked, I find myself high above Kerbin and no ship in sight.

I've isolated the problem as having something to do with TweakScale. If I remove that mod, everything works normally. I have not yet gone down the path of removing other plugin mods to see which one is driving TweakScale bonkers.

I've run into something very similar. If I choose one of the SM RCS blocks, the particle effect is going full bore, and the parts will not attach even though you hear the appropriate sound. It doesn't matter what I try to put the RCS blocks on. At that point, none of the parts behave correctly and the only button on the upper right bat that works is the "New Project" button. Then things will work normally again. The few times the Launch button has worked, I find myself high above Kerbin and no ship in sight.

I've isolated the problem as having something to do with TweakScale. If I remove that mod, everything works normally. I have not yet gone down the path of removing other plugin mods to see which one is driving TweakScale bonkers.

I have Aerojet Kerbodyne and Tweakscale in my install but I can't seem to replicate it.

I have Aerojet Kerbodyne and Tweakscale in my install but I can't seem to replicate it.

Yeah, I suspect some other plugin-based mod is the root cause. I just haven't had time to sort it out. But I'll give it my best shot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.