The Capital Ship Thread

I searched the forums to see if there is one, but I can't find one so far...

Anyway, I decided to create a thread for people to show off any pics of capital ships they made whether with stock parts or mod parts. They could also be replicas of whatever sci-fi you saw. Thanks to the new NASA parts in 23.5, it made sending capital ships to space possible. I usually send separate components up into space and then dock them with each other.

Here's some examples:

-The Caernavon-class Frigate

Javascript is disabled. View full album

-Bengal-class Strike Carrier

vmDhPRi.png

I have no idea what a capital ship is, but guessing from your pictures it seems like some sort of mothership.

I think i have some (cool) motherships lying around on ksp.

Generally it's anything larger than reasonable for any KSP mission. Generally the design focus is form rather than function, often taken to the style of classic Sci-Fi space vessels. If a big fuel tanker (couple of orange tanks) is a fishing boat, then a capital ship is a yacht. . . or an aircraft carrier. You will see lots of those gray panels, and plenty of completely unnecessary wings - bonus points if the thing is built in two way symmetry from the hanger and imported to the VAB for launch. If it's too big to call a plane or a shuttle, and looks like it came from Star Wars? That's a capital ship.

Dun dun duun dun duuuuuuuun dun dun....

5000 ton launch. 500 ton spacecraft. 500 parts in orbit, 1000 on pad (IIRC)

M9KfsUO.jpg

TBNDqWj.png

AmLuBNU.jpg

I guess it's a capital ship? maybe? No?

Okay...

uQnvKjk.png

(Trying to find my updated version...)

EDIT: grr. Can't find my updated version with the deflector dish...

Edited by The Destroyer

Does this count:

67nb.png

That's one of my Sentari class capital ships. That one specifically is the Nebulon, which was slated to run a grand tour in .23. Construction was finished but I was still fighting with the Duna capable SSTO planes (also Laythe capable so there's the dilema) when versions rolled over so the project was scrapped and will be continued in .23.5

Hey guys! I'm a real noob as I started playing this amazing game not so long ago. Here is my very first successful interplanetary ship after a horrendous attempt (about 8 sections held together by docking clamps, go figure..)

Ladies and gentlemen, I present Voyager

34po0wn.png

6571x4.png

It carries a lander in the back

2jcvtsj.png

First mission was to Duna and I was surprised how agile this ship is and no wobbling. It has about 21.000 fuel (I set out for Duna with half a tank and still had about 4k left when I came back to Kerbin and had to do a lot of correctional maneuvers because as I said I'm still a noob and this was my first interplanetary mission) around 20.000 electric charge but only about 4500 RCS fuel. It's small but it's my main first manned mission vessel. It was constructed on Kerbin and launched intact as a single payload. Sorry for the long post, I'm sure you guys know exactly the joy KSP gives you after a million failed attempts at something and finally succeeding :) Here's one more shot:

zirlm0.png

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.