Contains invalid or locked parts. (So which ones are invalid?)

I recently started play KSP again, but after some updates and updating of mods, I have ships that instead of the old way where you try to load it and it would tell you what files it can't find, it simply locks them with no information.

I need to know what parts are invalid so I can fix them, or my pride and joy will be stuck as a grayed out button forever. I have waited some time before posting this as the whole issue has left me not in the mood to play KSP, but with ARM out i really want to get back in the saddle.

Any help?

PS: forgive me if there is a thread that I could have found, but I have very limited time so I don't always find what I need on forums.

If it is in career mode you may have to go and "buy" the missing parts as well from the techtree, it won't cost you science it is just the parts need to be unlocked or unlocked again in some cases. I just had this happen today while I was redesigning a craft for a rescue mission.

Well sadly for me there are about 2-3 mods that are currently not functional for 2.3, my bet is there waiting for the soon to be released 2.4, makes sense with the updates becoming closer and closer together with more and more content, it's a good idea to wait for the next major build.

• 5 years later...

@TropicalGalaxy, Have you tried the Alt-F2 solution above?  That was for a much much older (alpha) version of the game, I don't know if it still works. What part are you missing?  Have you purchased/researched the part?

On a house keeping note, thread has been split, merged, and then moved to tech support.   Sorry for any weird redirects all over the forum. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.