[1.1.2]Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul (6/6/16 More parts and improvements)

blackheart612

Fantastic pack Blackheart!

as for the smoke from the main engine: assuming these are liquid oxygen and hydrogen fuelled,they do produce smoke, but its not really visible:

even if they are kerosene and oxygen fuelled.

so i guess either removing the smoke completely or make the smoke less visible and shorter :>

although if you want to make it spew rainbows and unicorns, thats fine too!

Fantastic pack Blackheart!

as for the smoke from the main engine: assuming these are liquid oxygen and hydrogen fuelled,they do produce smoke, but its not really visible:

even if they are kerosene and oxygen fuelled.

so i guess either removing the smoke completely or make the smoke less visible and shorter :>

although if you want to make it spew rainbows and unicorns, thats fine too!

Aha. Thanks. I would implement tha. Also I think I can implement rainbows :P

They don't? D: I thought the F-1 produced smoke. I'll do something about it.

Nope, it doesn't. The huge clouds you see at the videos of a Saturn V launch are actually steam from the sound suppression system. Check this video:

EDIT: And rainbows are a perfect idea for an April Fools joke. However, since there's a long time until the first of April, it could just be a random prank.

Edited by wasmic

I first have to say that I love this mod and what you are trying to do. Adding to the stock idea of what Kerbal parts are supposed to be is brilliant and you are excellent at doing it. That being said I have some thoughts. First off I feel all of your problems are with smokesscreen and hot rockets. I say this because the parts are beautiful as well as the engines. But all of the glitches I have been having are due to the effects. So as a rating for the parts themselves 10/10, their functionality and usefulness 10/10, however the effects are no bueno. So the first one is the mainsail the effects make it look like the engine flame reaches all the way back down to the launchpad. Also the "Shenron" pod is included, I don't know if you wanted that in there yet just fyi.

nfonTwj.png If you made the smoke orange on purpose then i retract what I said it looks really cool, but i don't think thats what you were going for.

By far the biggest problem is the effects for the upperstage engine. It looks like an old 8bit video game.

5uNlB7S.png

XRR9Mrh.png

s2HNKqb.png

DNs4cK2.png

Last comment, is that engine also overpowered? Because it lifts the CM and SM really well by itself.

CtQAToe.png

If this is all something stupid I did I retract everything I said except about how awesome it looks and what you are trying to do.

Edited by sp1989

I first have to say that I love this mod and what you are trying to do. Adding to the stock idea of what Kerbal parts are supposed to be is brilliant and you are excellent at doing it. That being said I have some thoughts. First off I feel all of your problems are with smokesscreen and hot rockets. I say this because the parts are beautiful as well as the engines. But all of the glitches I have been having are due to the effects. So as a rating for the parts themselves 10/10, their functionality and usefulness 10/10, however the effects are no bueno. So the first one is the mainsail the effects make it look like the engine flame reaches all the way back down to the launchpad. Also the "Shenron" pod is included, I don't know if you wanted that in there yet just fyi.

http://i.imgur.com/nfonTwj.png If you made the smoke orange on purpose then i retract what I said it looks really cool, but i don't think thats what you were going for.

By far the biggest problem is the effects for the upperstage engine. It looks like an old 8bit video game.

http://i.imgur.com/5uNlB7S.png

http://i.imgur.com/XRR9Mrh.png

http://i.imgur.com/s2HNKqb.png

http://i.imgur.com/DNs4cK2.png

Last comment, is that engine also overpowered? Because it lifts the CM and SM really well by itself.

http://i.imgur.com/CtQAToe.png

If this is all something stupid I did I retract everything I said except about how awesome it looks and what you are trying to do.

It shouldn't be there. I'm sorry, I copied a version that's under development :(

The smoke is supposed to be like that, yes, though as they have said, it shouldn't be like that. I will change that soon. The effects on your KR-M is unfamiliar though. Not sure if another mod is doing this or my fault. Is this occurring to anybody else?

Uploaded a possible fix. See if problem persist. Sorry for being derpy. Forgot to delete some files and deleted files not supposed to be deleted. Should be working now.

(Just redownload)

Well guys, Ill be resting, I'll address your problems later, if you got one.

Edited by blackheart612

the upper stage engine emissions are working fine now. although if i may say, its kinda too.... bright/glowy... might wanna tone it down abit?

screenshot3.png

other than that and the main engine smoke... this is fantastic. i eagerly await your release of the other parts. i especially want those fairings. its pure intercourse :P~

Edited by XkaOnslaught

the upper stage engine emissions are working fine now. although if i may say, its kinda too.... bright/glowy... might wanna tone it down abit?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26414976/screenshot3.png

other than that and the main engine smoke... this is fantastic. i eagerly await your release of the other parts. i especially want those fairings. its pure intercourse :P~

Yeah, the set is not quite ready yet. Though I need to reduce the opacity again eh? :P

I had to take the first stage smoke effects out of the cfg.

It's not specific to your parts blackheart, I have an issue with the HotRockets/Smokescreen powersmoke cfgs too. Normally my machine can handle launches without going into yellow clock but as soon as the smoke starts to build up, the framerate really starts to get a hit to where it takes 5-8 seconds of real time to click one second in game time (I have physics delta set to max.) I think the persistence of the smoke particles is what causes the issue.

Otherwise, so far I LOVE the pack! I'm really excited to see the other parts you're working on too. That fairing looks sexy.

Edited by MainSailor

I haven't had a chance to fly a mission with it yet, but I installed it last night and looked it over in the VAB. It's gorgeous and it's made me fall in love with the KerbalX all over again. So much nicer to look at and I really like being able to change logos in the tweakables!

*twitch* name is UKA and you are using a modified SpaceX logo with the iconic X... *twitch*

Well, you wait, it's not called Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul for nothing. Hehe.

I haven't had a chance to fly a mission with it yet, but I installed it last night and looked it over in the VAB. It's gorgeous and it's made me fall in love with the KerbalX all over again. So much nicer to look at and I really like being able to change logos in the tweakables!

Well, you're missing the fun and explosions! :P

OK, I just finished a free-return flyby of the Mun with it. Beautiful. I love the way the service module and decoupler separate from the main stage - almost like the old Saturn interstages.

I do agree with Onslaught about the exhaust on the service module engine - but it's such a minor detail and even if that little thing seems a bit odd, it's still every bit as beautiful. I'd love to see more parts get gussied up like this! Between this pack and the KSPRC retextures, my rockets look modern and sexy, not like junk!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.