Got Ideas... Need Advice.

Fr8monkey

Well, you're gonna have to go into more detail than that!

If you just wanna make parts you shouldn't need a plugin (AFAIK, not a modder myself) but if you want something advanced (Rockets with multiple fuels to choose from that alter its stats, maybe) you could need a plugin.

There are 2 sets of parts I want to mod.

I want to mod the struts and girders to have power cables and fuel lines running through them. I think it would look better on the stations I am building. Having a girder with batteries and power panels hooked to them with no means of power transfer looks silly to me.

I also want to mod a part so I can put the landing legs inside the ship. When you toggle them, a panel opens and the legs lower. Launching a ship and have it fly with landing legs hanging all over the side of the ship also looks silly. Talk about an aerodynamic killer.

I also want to mod a part so I can put the landing legs inside the ship. When you toggle them, a panel opens and the legs lower. Launching a ship and have it fly with landing legs hanging all over the side of the ship also looks silly. Talk about an aerodynamic killer.

You'll need to model that. I've heard you can do a limited amount with Sketchup.

I used Blender for modeling, GIMP for texturing, and then you'll need Unity and the latest version of KSP Part Tools (which is a Unity plugin). The modding sections of the forums have threads with a plethora of information, and links for how to get started.

Also, I've seen a couple strut/girder mods that have power/fuel lines that run through them (sorry I don't have a link).

Edited by Sethnizzle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.