M107R orbital refuelling tanker.

The new, larger ARM ships require much more fuel. Fortunately, they also allow for much larger fuel delivery ships. This here is the M107Rb Tanker.

Kgi8Xww.png

After discarding the 2 asparagus boosters, the main booster will take you just short of orbit, and then run dry so as to be ejected sub-orbitally and leave no space debris. VdriM9N.png

As you can see, this ship reaches orbit with the equivalent of 3 nearly full S3-14400 fuel tanks.

qJsNio1.png

Once you have rendezvoused with the target ship, the M107Rb has a standard docking port at bow

ZaGoXOO.png

and a Senior docking port at stern

RkusjHE.png

so that it can deliver fuel to just about any size of target ship. The M107Rb is also provided with fore and aft lights for operating in Kerbin's shadow.

After the tanker is empty, it can be de-orbited with its RCS.

Craft file: http://www./view/uodmcdcsj0zj4b8/M107Rb_Tanker.craft

Edited by Vanamonde

Thought about it, but I don't like to put any unnecessary parts on my ships.

On second thought, I'm offering this to other players, and not everybody shares my minimalist compulsions. :) So I took your advice, and the ship now flies with normal staging.

Edited by Vanamonde

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.