[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

Mist is nice. Gives the feeling that minmus is slowly evaporating. Maybe make it "hang" a little lower. Auroras would look better if more circular (maybe). Pinkish aurora on the green Jool doesn't look that good imo. Maybe adding orange and whitish brighter layers would make it more vibrant and visually appealing.

I think the mist and the auroras look cool. Is the mist only visible on the planes?

As for aurora on Jool, I think orange and white or blue and white would be the best options. The red tint feels a bit out touch with the planet.

Anyway, keep up the good work. This pack has become a quick favorite!

Does this mod actually change the physical properties of atmospheres, or even add atmospheres to some bodys (Minmus, ...)? Because that would be a balance change that I'd rather avoid... I'm also not entirely sure whether I want airless bodies to have atmospheric effects at all. I got to admit, though, that Kerbin, Laythe and Minmus look absolutely amazing.

Edited by mic_e

Does this mod actually change the physical properties of atmospheres, or even add atmospheres to some bodys (Minmus, ...)? Because that would be a balance change that I'd rather avoid... I'm also not entirely sure whether I want airless bodies to have atmospheric effects at all. I got to admit, though, that Kerbin, Laythe and Minmus look absolutely amazing.

No. it does not add any physical properties of an atmosphere.

Here's an album of all the auroras. Feedback is still greatly appreciated.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

I'm liking them a lot! I think the brightness is good (min light and RGB settings) but lowering the alpha would help them blend in better. Would look more like how someone would see them with the naked eye especially on the day side. Otherwise I am digging them :)

No, because the darkside shading is a result of the atmosphere effects.

ok also it seams to lag alot (i know good detail) it happens with stock ksp with active texture reduction aggressive i there a way to help it get more frames?

Wow, development is really going rapidly here! Somehow I totally forgot to give Thesonicgalaxy some reputation before, but now I was able to express my thanks.

I just wanted to say that I agree with vanlock that it would be nice to have the auroras fade away at large distances. Even from the ISS you can barely see the aurora on Earth. I think they're looking great, though! I also think Minmus looks awesome with that slightly toned down fog that now glows in the dark!

Sneak peak at the high altitude clouds I'm working on.

http://imgur.com/a/G9TEt

Look very nice, just pls make sure there is a breakup in the clouds simulating a sunny day, so we do not get Kerbin wrapped in 3 layers of cloud. Kerbals are green after all, they need their sun ;-)

@TheSonicGalaxy - what do the rings look like from laythe during the day ?

Also, I liked the Laythe very bluish look from space, is that one preserved or not. When you were showing a planet, I was not sure if it was Kerbin or Laythe. Title above would help for non-Joolian system veterans

Edited by Grunf911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.