[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

crashing right before the main menu as in its the final loading screen with loading mark on right bottom side of the screen? that is often coused by memory issiues, i suggest you install ATM if not try to get to some lower resolution versions or delete modds you dont use if this is the case.

Thank you Reaper. ATM did work, it gets passed the loading screen! I used to have ATM but cleared everything out when .24 came out and didnt bother downloading it.

I have updated today to 0.24.2 (haven't played with 0.24.1). Im am running x64, Steam version, of KSP with the following mods:

-Better Atmospheres and all it's dependencies, except Custom Asteroids and Sunflares (downloaded from first page)

-Alarm Clock + Toolbar 1.7.5

-MechJeb latest update

-Protractor latest update

As of today, I can't get to the main menu. It crashes shortly after loading the files. In the output log I found something related to loading Jool and no data regarding all other planets. x32 launches just fine, but with an error messages in the main menu, saying that Real Solar System and Toolbar might be broken/disabled. So I figured it might be related to RSS or Better Atmospheres. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here is the crash folder: http://www.4shared.com/get/TK9uJNkVba/2014-07-26_004850.html

LE: It seems that KittopiaTech Ingame terraforming tools is crashing the x64 game. Without it I can start the game. I'll also post this in their forum topic.

Edited by Sheppard

"Here's the Asset file for the sunflare, which will be included in the main download soon."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txljqzh94c7qw1j/BAV5ASSET.zip

This Link is broken for the asset file could you possibly fix it? I've tried for two days now and I still get an dropbox error 509.

Second this. TSG, could you be a darling and re-up? 64bit doesn't seem to like me much any more and I miss my flare :(

It is a problem with the RSS plugin, not Better Atmospheres, so you technically shouldn't really be posting in this thread.

And yes it happens to me too, 32 and 64 bit versions are affected.

I have already posted on the RSS thread about this... but received no answers yet. Except for one person who said they had the problem in previous versions, but they don't remember how they fixed it other than updating the RSS plugin.... Which I have done, and it still doesn't help.

It should be noted that the plugin works fine... INITIALLY. But after a scene change, the sky goes black. It has something to do with the atmosphere being changed to either an extremely small or extremely large radius.

Only solution is to delete the RSS plugin and live with the white horizon until there is a fix. It isn't THAT bad.

Edited by DesTroy

There is something wrong with ATG handling in RSS v7. NathanKell is aware of it, and fix is in progress. You'll need to wait until that updates, or revert to the RSS plugin in this download and suffer the warning message. AFAIK (and take this with much salt), but nothing is broken in what BA uses for RSS plugin in that old version.

Re: The sunflare, while there isn't a pre-modded asset file up, you can mod it yourself using the instructions here.

The dds file you need to modify your own assets file is inside the current download as sun_flare_tex.dds.

The first time that happened to me, it was because I had multiple config files in the /gamedata/BoulderCo/Clouds folder. The game default one 'cloudLayers.cfg', one added by one of the better atmospheres dependencies 'cloudLayers-PlanetFactory.cfg' and the one for Better Atmospheres 'cloudLayers-BetterAtmospheres.cfg' were all in there at once - I hadn't realised I needed to delete all the files except cloudLayers-BetterAtmospheres.cfg from that folder.

Could be worth a look if you've not checked that already :).

Re: The sunflare, while there isn't a pre-modded asset file up, you can mod it yourself using the instructions here.

The dds file you need to modify your own assets file is inside the current download as sun_flare_tex.dds.

There is something wrong with ATG handling in RSS v7. NathanKell is aware of it, and fix is in progress. You'll need to wait until that updates, or revert to the RSS plugin in this download and suffer the warning message. AFAIK (and take this with much salt), but nothing is broken in what BA uses for RSS plugin in that old version.

10char+2+2

My sky randomly turned black today. No blues, no greens, just black, white and grey. Not quite sure what happened.

Edit: Turns out it was something to do with either N.E.A.R. or KW Rocketry. Uninstalled both of those and my sky went back to it's normal Kerbally self.

Edited by TheMariner
Found reason for problem.

so, my RSS still chokes up when starting KSP, nice error message. I also crash KSP_x64 when headed to launchpad.

I think its RSS being the issue, but I see a new version of RSS was released yesterday...will overwriting the old BA5 RSS screw everything up?

so, my rss still chokes up when starting ksp, nice error message. I also crash ksp_x64 when headed to launchpad.

I think its rss being the issue, but i see a new version of rss was released yesterday...will overwriting the old ba5 rss screw everything up?

yes it will do not do this, do not do this

For me, Toolbar - the new 1.7.6 version - and Kittopia Terraforming Tools are crashing KSP x64. I have posted this with crash reports on their forum threads. Kittopia has for the moment no fix, and from toolbar I have no answer yet.

x32 works fine. I haven't updated RSS yet, since I am waiting for a Better Atmospheres 6 that will include all updated dependencies.

My sky randomly turned black today. No blues, no greens, just black, white and grey. Not quite sure what happened.

Edit: Turns out it was something to do with either N.E.A.R. or KW Rocketry. Uninstalled both of those and my sky went back to it's normal Kerbally self.

Nope, it isn't KW or NEAR. It is RSS.

so, my RSS still chokes up when starting KSP, nice error message. I also crash KSP_x64 when headed to launchpad.

I think its RSS being the issue, but I see a new version of RSS was released yesterday...will overwriting the old BA5 RSS screw everything up?

Just delete RSS for now. New RSS doesn't work with the BA config at the moment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.