[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

I am pretty sure that will be a must. Even my system gets cranky with all the other mods I have on top of this.

i have a suggestion why not do a low res one for people with memory problems

I am pretty sure that will be a must. Even my system gets cranky with all the other mods I have on top of this.

thats strange, I have over 50 mods installed including this one and KW, kethane, interstellar, planet factory and ksp still runs smoother than ever.

I finalized the new main Kerbin cloud layer texture as well as some high altitude clouds finally. Was one hell of a challenge, but I feel really good about them as a solid alternative to the default EVE clouds. A lot more opportunities for clear sunny days and less cloudy poles :)

Made more specific asteroids.

C Ring Ast. - Slowest spawn rate and are found in the lowest ring. They have the least inclination and eccentricity.

B Ring Ast. - Medium spawn rate and are found in the middle rings. They have a fair amount of inclination and a fair amount of eccentricity.

A Ring Ast. - Fast spawn rate and are found in the farthest rings. They have a large amount of inclination and a large amount of eccentricity.

VbEWke9.png?1

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

Made more specific asteroids.

C Ring Ast. - Slowest spawn rate and are found in the lowest ring. They have the least inclination and eccentricity.

B Ring Ast. - Medium spawn rate and are found in the middle rings. They have a fair amount of inclination and a fair amount of eccentricity.

A Ring Ast. - Fast spawn rate and are found in the farthest rings. They have a large amount of inclination and a large amount of eccentricity.

http://i.imgur.com/VbEWke9.png?1

Nicely done my friend! This update just gets crazier haha.

Hey Sonic, I've got a couple of questions.

1. Jool's rings; can I change the colour of them if I wanted?

2. Your Large Magellanic Cloud skybox, how did you get it all to connect? I've been trying and I'm having no luck matching them up right. I know Space Engine doesn't quite match KSP right off the bat, but even with what seem like appropriate changes, I'm getting mismatches.

I know 2 is slightly off-topic, but I'm getting slightly annoyed by the whole thing now :huh:

As for the asteroids in the rings... Nice :cool:

2. Your Large Magellanic Cloud skybox, how did you get it all to connect? I've been trying and I'm having no luck matching them up right. I know Space Engine doesn't quite match KSP right off the bat, but even with what seem like appropriate changes, I'm getting mismatches.

I know 2 is slightly off-topic, but I'm getting slightly annoyed by the whole thing now :huh:

Mason, switch positive and negative x and z.

Ex:

GalaxyTex_PositiveX = GalaxyTex_NegativeX

GalaxyTex_PositiveZ = GalaxyTex_NegativeZ etc etc..

1. Of course you could.

2.Renamed the files accordingly, I put the skybox in, looked around, saw what rotations were required, and then it all matched up :P

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.