Hello!

Maya Fey

I have played KSP before but never knew this forum exsisted!

Im 23 and currently am a private pilot. Workin my way up from the cessna 172 to a beechcraft!

Also newbie question but

How do i not burn my rocketfuel on the back of my KSO?!?

Thanks!

c:

Edited by Maya Fey

If you know the KSO mod

Kerbal Space Orbiter or something

The pre-made ship comes with big and small rockets on the ship/plane its self

I dont want to burn fuel from that only from the solid fuel boosters.

and also how do you link fuel from one fuel tank to a rocket engine that is already in use from another engine?

and how do you get something into orbit? ;-;

the FLOOYD dynamics yellow fuel pipe will transfer fuel from inaccessible tanks to your rocket engine. you can right-click on the solid boosters and activate them individually, or assign a keybind to activate the boosters only by clicking on the Action Groups button next to the Crew button in the top left of the VAB or Spaceplane Hangar screen

to get to orbit, with a vertical rocket, you want to point straight vertical for the first 10-12km of flight, until you're going ~300m/s, and then gradually start pitching over. by around 30km up, you should be going at 1200m/s at a 45º*angle above the horizon.

Pitch down till you're level with the horizon, and burn until your Apoapsis is ≥70km. Cut your engines and coast to Apoapsis, then burn until your Periapsis is also ≥70km

welcome to ksp forums!

Edited by Accelerando
my manners are dead

Hello! Welcome aboard!

I believe you should post a thread on the addons and mods section- you will be able to get more help there.

To link fuel, you use the FTX-2 External Fuel Duct, and click on to the fuel tank, then onto the fuel tank that is in use from another engine.

To get into orbit your rocket/ship must have enough DeltaV to escape the atmosphere and into orbit.

The steps are turn 45 degrees when your altitude is 10 000 meters, then keep going slowly and slowly until you see your apoapsis in map view goes over 100 km or how high you want, depending if your ship has enough DV to make it (70 km is the lowest altitude you can make orbit, for your information.)

Once you think the apoapsis is suitable for you, then warp slowly and carefully to it. From there, burn prograde until the orbit circle in map view is near or almost circular.

Then you're done! You're in orbit now! :)

If you think my post was helpful to you, feel free to press the star icon beside the "Blog this Post" button. It means a lot to me! :)

Happy launching and getting into orbit!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.