Target indicator switches to retro-grade when attached to an asteroid, any clue why?

Every time I approach an asteroid the target indicator on the navball is normal/prograde (the pink circular icon). The instant I attach to an asteroid it turns retrograde and I cannot adjust the center of mass correctly. All I can do is free the pivot and line up with retrograde icon, but that doesn't really line up with COM, and moving or flying becomes impossible.

Any help?

Edited by Eleven
Answered.

Hmm. I haven't heard of this exact problem but it sounds like many of the docking/frozen orbit bugs the claw is experiencing.

When it switches to retrograde target, does the target velocity stay up on your navball? Does it increase up to some high number?

I tried again with a test vessel and a different command pod and it worked like it should. I'll make another test ship with a different command pod and see if it's any different.

If you're talking command pods, be aware there is also a bug when you detach two pods at the same time. This also causes problems, although what exactly happens after the initial bug is still a bit of a mystery.

Hmmm maybe when you dock this particular ship, the game switches control to some other part, perhaps the Claw in its inverted state. (Claw inverting is a known bug)

You could try to right-click on your command module and select Control from Here.

I think I had tried that, but the 'claw in inverted state' sounds exactly like what was happening. Nothing I could do would change the target indicator to prograde.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.