My Station - Design Tips

So, I've got a station I'm building, and I think it's coming along nicely, for me anyway. I just would like some input and design tips. You can see a decoupler below the fancy part, and it's there for obvious reasons. However, I really don't like having the boxy Science Lab as the bottom once I'm where I need to be. I need some input on how the design can look a bit easier on the eyes, but not collapse from pressure as I get off the ground. I'd also like tips to make it a bit spicier on the frame. Ideas?

3hpmvfF.jpg?1

Edited by Vanamonde

I fixed your pic for you. :D The Imgur link you want is the BBCode one, second-to-last on the list.

Anyway, you can flip a Sr. docking port over and insert it between the lab and the decoupler, or even replace the decoupler with it and "undock" rather than stage to eject the booster. You shouldn't have enough mass there to crush it, unless you're over-powering the launch at 2Gs or more. If it does, though, a few struts from the booster to the girders should take care of the problem.

My suggestion is always... MOAR FUEL t7cO9MT.jpg

No, but in all seriousness, get rid of one of the layers of solar panels, because they are in a cube configuration, and will eclipse each other strangely IMO.

I'm using two labs because MOAR POWER and it seems to sit a bit better with me. I want to make it seem a bit more massive without being too unstable. I built a ship a while back with NovaPunch that had 6 mini-satellites that broke off in orbits, so the rover idea kinda comes to mind. The extra solar panels are a sort of placeholder, I know it'll look stupid. When I get to them, I can replace them. I was originally thinking aboot using it as a fuel station, and docking the external fuel tanks onto it, maybe transferring the rovers/satellites to other ships instead of trying to build them together. I'll have a look at the docking clamp bottom and see if it works out.

Thanks for fixing the image, too. I'm new to the whole forum thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.