The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

I'm looking forward to a reason to trim my rockets down and better resist the temptation of just sticking everything on top of my heavy lifter. Trying to do minimum-cost contracts to save up for big stuff actually sounds pretty appealing.

I only have 2 requests for the future versions of KSP, .24 or .25+ add a real aerodynamic model like FAR, or just use FAR, and for the love of all that is modern a 64bit version.

0.24.11? Contracts? Budgets? The future of 0.24.11 is as uncertain as any of the (theoretically) new features. For all we know, your expectations will be shafted and it's only another bug fix update.

As for 0.25...I wouldn't hold any expectations. It could be either a major update or the game is going Free-2-Play or Freemium route. You never know what's gonna happen, especially for a game that holds the record of being the first (supposedly) alpha game with a DLC.

0.24.11? Contracts? Budgets? The future of 0.24.11 is as uncertain as any of the (theoretically) new features. For all we know, your expectations will be shafted and it's only another bug fix update.

You have no idea what you're ranting about. We know very well that contracts and budgets will be in 0.24.

What do you mean by this?

I'm guessing he means the ARM update; yes, true, it is DLC, but technically so is every update for KSP...

Anyway, it's not an optional pack, so it's more of an update rather than a DLC expansion

It did have an expansion pack feel to it, and expansion packs are usually reserved for after a 1.0 release. But I can't see this happening:

NASA: We like your space game. Let us collaborate on a NASA themed expansion pack.

SQUAD: No, you have to wait for 1.0 before we'll do any expansions. It will be ready SoonTM.

It did have an expansion pack feel to it, and expansion packs are usually reserved for after a 1.0 release. But I can't see this happening:

NASA: We like your space game. Let us collaborate on a NASA themed expansion pack.

SQUAD: No, you have to wait for 1.0 before we'll do any expansions. It will be ready SoonTM.

Exactly the way I think, the ARM update isn't a DLC or expansion, it's part of the stock game. Even the Dev (Harvester I think) said that they made some changes in the core code to implement the new mechanics of the ARM update.

Free to play/freemium isn't in the cards with KSP.

The same way Multiplayer wasn't in the cards with KSP before.

EDIT- Fixed sentence.

Edited by MR4Y

Glad I can help with the correction then! :cool: We're keeping the present business model. No pay to play. No freemium. End of story. Now let's get this back on topic please.

Since when this was off topic? So it's just a praise thread?

This thread is about how giga 0.24.11 is going to be. New features and content. Explosions and electric guitars. Random thread title changes.

I'm most anticipating the UI revisions and verniers and OMS. Always fun to play with new parts.

I hope the vernier engines will help with moving huge asteroids... Because I STILL have an E class on Minmus that needs to be moving a few Km to a base.

You STILL haven't moved that thing yet? Wow, I thought my suggestion would have worked...

*thinks of a way to move the roid that isn't boring*

I KNOW! Fire footballs at it! That should help shift it, and would look awesome! :D

You STILL haven't moved that thing yet? Wow, I thought my suggestion would have worked...

*thinks of a way to move the roid that isn't boring*

I KNOW! Fire footballs at it! That should help shift it, and would look awesome! :D

I tried to shove it with an SSTO, It was not very effective (as in, the roid had NO visible movement).

HOMYaqq.jpg

You know what, I should put that thread in my sig, so everyone can help...

ON TOPIC:

Anyways, so It looks like the "surprise" wasn't a .24 thing. But apparently, it was said in a squadcast that the plane parts are getting redone.:D FINALLY

ON TOPIC:

Anyways, so It looks like the "surprise" wasn't a .24 thing. But apparently, it was said in a squadcast that the plane parts are getting redone.:D FINALLY

No way!? REALLY!

*puts on sunglasses*

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but the remade plane parts will most certainly be not finished with the main 0.24 branch. Probably for 0.25.

I personally am quite excited to see what kind of contracts the community mods into the game. It's pretty cool that after not thinking about making the tech tree moddable and seeing that you can't stop the modding community they decided to let the modders mess with contracts by design. :D