[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Ok, no idea why it was saying it crashed as a game, since i have been playing it without a problem all day. Here is a fresh log file from just one load of the game. It loaded up all the way to playing, still no tweakscale. :( sad face. hope a fresh one helps.

KSP.log

@adalast,

I have an educated guess about what's happening: Go to KSP/GameData/Goodspeed/Plugins/ and delete Scale.dll.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please finish reading my last post. I asked for a different log file which is much more detailed than the one you're providing.

You can do it now:

Open the file KSP/GameData/TweakScale/DefaultScales.cfg in a plaintext editor like Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac). Add the parts in bold red:

SCALETYPE
{
name = stack
freeScale = false
scaleFactors = 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75, 5.0[COLOR=#b22222][B], 8.0[/B][/COLOR]
scaleNames = 62.5cm, 1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m, 5m[COLOR=#b22222][B], 8m[/B][/COLOR]
defaultScale = 1.25
}

Awesome! Thank you

I have been experiencing a number of tweakscale related issues.

The most benign is that on certain parts/ships I will end up with strange gaps appearing around tweakedscaled parts like:

UdXRoYM.png

However I have also gotten issues where I will go back to vehicles with tweakscaled parts (and only vehicles with tweakscaled parts) and they will be in weird pieces (parts where they shouldn't be, parts missing, parts several hundred meters away but still "attached") and the game will hang and crash. It got to the point where I basically reset my savegame compeltely since I had used tweakscaled parts on so many of my missions and a lot of them were basically crash KSP hotzones that if I got within a few KM of them it would hang or crash KSP.

The only scale.dll I have is from tweakscale itself. And on the benign ones nothing weird is showing up in the log (I don't have a log with the really bad ones anymore).

Has anyone else experienced anything like this and anyone have any tips on chasing this down?

Ah... that explains some of it, but not the game breaking ones I was having... but since I restarted, cleaned out my mods and basically made sure everything is up to date when I restarted, I will remain optimistic and not put tweaked parts attached to procedural parts ;)

Thanks!

I have a strange problem with Smart Parts 2.0 and Tweakscale 1.32 in KSP 24.2 (x64 / Win). If I install these mod together in a vanilla KSP all is good. If I install Smart Parts into a mod heavy KSP the Tweakscale sliders are gone.

Do you have an output_log.txt for that?

Ok, no idea why it was saying it crashed as a game, since i have been playing it without a problem all day. Here is a fresh log file from just one load of the game. It loaded up all the way to playing, still no tweakscale. :( sad face. hope a fresh one helps.

KSP.log

There are in fact three Scale.dll there. So do what Master Tao said, and then delete KSP\Gamedata\MagicSmokeIndustries\Plugins\Scale.dll.

I have been experiencing a number of tweakscale related issues.

The most benign is that on certain parts/ships I will end up with strange gaps appearing around tweakedscaled parts like:

http://i.imgur.com/UdXRoYM.png

However I have also gotten issues where I will go back to vehicles with tweakscaled parts (and only vehicles with tweakscaled parts) and they will be in weird pieces (parts where they shouldn't be, parts missing, parts several hundred meters away but still "attached") and the game will hang and crash. It got to the point where I basically reset my savegame compeltely since I had used tweakscaled parts on so many of my missions and a lot of them were basically crash KSP hotzones that if I got within a few KM of them it would hang or crash KSP.

The only scale.dll I have is from tweakscale itself. And on the benign ones nothing weird is showing up in the log (I don't have a log with the really bad ones anymore).

Has anyone else experienced anything like this and anyone have any tips on chasing this down?

Crap, I'm sorry. The small gaps have always been there, at least for some parts (more parts may have gotten them now), and are probably artifacts of the placement of attach nodes. Is this 32-bit or 64 bit KSP? Without an output_log.txt or a craft file it's hard to figure out what's wrong, sadly. And on x64, it can be hard even then.

I've been running lots of tests to see what makes KSP x64 crash when I have TweakScale installed alongside many other mods, and I have gotten everything from a semi-consistent crash in a different mod before TweakScale does anything (which goes away if I remove TweakScale), through consistent crashes with horribly inconsistent stack traces, to games that run without a hitch for hours. I've basically concluded that KSP x64 is not really ready for modding yet.

tweakscale for me dont cause any crash. i had forgot to delte the magicsmokeindustires scale.dll so hopely that fix me not haveign any option to change. then ima restall the smart parts and see if that was causing a problem also.

for me when i test i open the debug window on the start screen so i can see if any error comes up and i havent got any from tweakscale since 1.25 just to bad we cant use it with tweak everything or they conflict. i have 152 mods running and besides the normal 64x random crash when u loading a scene i havent had a crash in a while

Edited by sidfu

Crap, I'm sorry. The small gaps have always been there, at least for some parts (more parts may have gotten them now), and are probably artifacts of the placement of attach nodes. Is this 32-bit or 64 bit KSP? Without an output_log.txt or a craft file it's hard to figure out what's wrong, sadly. And on x64, it can be hard even then.

I've been running lots of tests to see what makes KSP x64 crash when I have TweakScale installed alongside many other mods, and I have gotten everything from a semi-consistent crash in a different mod before TweakScale does anything (which goes away if I remove TweakScale), through consistent crashes with horribly inconsistent stack traces, to games that run without a hitch for hours. I've basically concluded that KSP x64 is not really ready for modding yet.

Master Tao pointed out there is a known issue with procedural parts and tweakscale on adjacent parts so that is likely the culprit of the image.

The worse crashes were happening during the height of everything is incompatible so even though they seemed to be tweakscale related, I have just reset everything, made sure everything is up to date and will go from there.

If they happen again, I will be posting logs, craft and save files ;)

Oh and it is 32 bit, I came to the same conclusion you did ;)

I'd like to control how much of a given resource my tweaked parts contain.

In this case Kibbal. I want two parts: a 1.25m part and a 2.5m part with 50 Kibbal and 160 Kibbal respectively. I've gotten the masses I want with

But how do I code in RESOURCE's amount and maxAmount?

I also suspect that there is a much more elegant way of doing what I have done already. Some insight there would be appreciated too.

I'd also like an answer to this. Is it possible to control resource amounts in scaled parts?

does this scale the thrust of the engine accordingly to the size or no? In other words if I have a 5mt engine with 10000 thrust and I scale it down to 1.25 mt do I still get 10000 or the thrust is scaled proportionality to the size?

I'm having a problem with TweakScale (and possibly KSPAPIExtensions). When I click on the part, the menu shows up with a blank gap where the size slider should be. Also, ModStatistics says KSPAPIExtensions is "outdated". I'm using version 1.33, 32-bit game.

I'm having a problem with TweakScale (and possibly KSPAPIExtensions). When I click on the part, the menu shows up with a blank gap where the size slider should be. Also, ModStatistics says KSPAPIExtensions is "outdated". I'm using version 1.33, 32-bit game.

KSPAPIExtensions is used by a fair number of mods (among mine, TweakScale, Infernal Robotics, and Procedural Fairings). TweakScale 1.33 includes the latest version. First, you should check that all of your mods are updated, but there are a few that haven't updated KSPAPIExtensions – check their changelogs; KAE 1.6.3 came out 3 days ago. You can probably* safely replace old versions with the version included with TweakScale. Taniwha is working on getting the conflicting versions code fixed (KSP 0.24 broke it).

*Might break things, especially if your replacing a version older than 1.6.2.

If you take a look in your KSP.log, it should list all the locations for KSPAPIExtensions.dll.

does this scale the thrust of the engine accordingly to the size or no? In other words if I have a 5mt engine with 10000 thrust and I scale it down to 1.25 mt do I still get 10000 or the thrust is scaled proportionality to the size?

It scales thrust and mass with size - according to exponents that you can tweak, if you want. I think they're in ScaleExponents.cfg or something like that.

I'd like to control how much of a given resource my tweaked parts contain.

In this case Kibbal. I want two parts: a 1.25m part and a 2.5m part with 50 Kibbal and 160 Kibbal respectively. I've gotten the masses I want with

SCALETYPE {
name = KibbalScale
freeScale = false
scaleFactors = 1.0, 2.0
scaleNames = Medium, Large
defaultScale = 1.0 }

PART[KibbalStore] {
// stuff
mesh = TacContainer
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1
mass = 0.25
// more stuff

RESOURCE {
name = Kibbal
amount = 50
maxAmount = 50 }

Module {
name = TweakScale
type = KibbalScale
Module {
mass = 0.25, 1.0 }
} }

But how do I code in RESOURCE's amount and maxAmount?

I also suspect that there is a much more elegant way of doing what I have done already. Some insight there would be appreciated too.

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = KibbalScale
MODULE
{
resources
{
name = Kibbal
amount = 50, 160
maxAmount = 50,160
}
}
}

Please tell me how this works. I expect there to be a bug that refills the tanks when loading.

I originally posted this in the USI Kolonization Systems Thread but the mod author told me that this problem can only be fixed by the folks here at Tweakscale. Apologies if this has been asked/answered already.

I also just found another bug related to costs. Whenever you tweakscale something (like a storage tank for example), the cost of the part will be appropriately and correctly reduced. But once you leave the VAB or SPH, you'll get charged the price of the original size of the part on launch. And then when you return to the VAB or SPH and load the craft in question back up, the total cost summary in the bottom left will now show a much higher value as if the parts were still their default size, thus preventing you from launching this craft anymore if you don't have enough funds.

For example, I'm trying to set up my SSTO to ferry basic machinery up to my new OKS station. Because of the way i've designed my SSTO, its much more practical for me to attach 8 tanks tweakscaled down to 1.25m instead of attaching a single 2.5m tank.

By default, with no payload, my SSTO costs 150k.

After tweakscaling and attaching the new tanks (completely empty), the new cost is now 250k.

Upon launching all of my funds are removed and my new balance is now 0, despite having 1.2m in the bank.

After reverting to the SPH, the new cost of the SSTO with empty tanks that I just launched is now in excess of 2.4m, and I can't even launch now.

Thanks for your attention!

Any idea what might cause this?

[Warning]: [TweakScale (GameData\TweakScale\plugins\Scale.dll)] No SCALETYPE with name default

And several parts like this?

[Warning]: [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at mumech.MJ2.AR202, index 3.

Node 'ExWorkshop' found in loaded data, but 'TweakScale' is defined in prefab.

Looking for ExWorkshop in other indices...

Also any time I click on a normally tweakable part in the VAB it shows a blank spot in the menu where the tweakscale should be and throws this error:

[Error]: ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_ChooseOption' not found.

Edit: Nevermind did a full reinstall and that cleared it up.

Edited by Smurfalot

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = KibbalScale
MODULE
{
resources
{
name = Kibbal
amount = 50, 160
maxAmount = 50,160
}
}
}

Please tell me how this works. I expect there to be a bug that refills the tanks when loading.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work at all. That is, this doesn't change the amount of resources the part has upon being scaled.

This mod is absolutely essential for work with Procedural Parts. Some stuff would never fit otherwise. Is there any progress being made on integration with RealFuels engine configs? Can it be done? I can get to writing my own configs, if necessary.

This mod is absolutely essential for work with Procedural Parts. Some stuff would never fit otherwise. Is there any progress being made on integration with RealFuels engine configs? Can it be done? I can get to writing my own configs, if necessary.

The problem isn't really with the configs, but that ModuleEngineConfigs supports multiple configurations. Whenever the configuration changes, TweakScale must be run anew on the ModuleEngineConfigs to update the values. It seems likely this can now be implemented, but there are some delays.

When I was trying this on KOSMOS parts last night, adjusting the scale resulted in the overall vessel price becoming 'NaN' in the VAB readout

I assume this is because of the prices not being set (or rather, being 0) and will work correctly once part pricing is implemented? (I am working on the pricing presently)

Hello! Just a quick question - was wondering if you would consider adding support for Karbonite parts in some future version, unless TweakScale already automagically understands the ORSModuleResourceExtraction and KarboniteResourceConverter modules.

Those modules look like this, in case it helps:

MODULE
{
name = ORSModuleResourceExtraction
powerConsumptionLand = 2.5
extractionRateLandPerTon = 10
resourceName = Karbonite
unitName = Karbonite Extractor
extractActionName = Extract Karbonite
stopActionName = Stop Karbonite Extraction
resourceManaged = False
resourceToUse = ElectricCharge
}

--and--

MODULE
{
name = KarboniteResourceConverter
deactivateIfFull = true
deactivateIfEmpty = false
displayName = LiquidFuel
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 1.5
}
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = Karbonite
rate = 1
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
rate = 0.9
}
}

Anyway, not exactly a pressing concern and I'm sure you have better things to do, but it would be neat! Also, does TweakScale automatically find and scale all kinds of resources? Does it scale anything in a part that's in a RESOURCE {} no matter its name, or do you have to specify what the plugin recognizes & scales and what it doesn't?

Thanks!

Hello! Just a quick question - was wondering if you would consider adding support for Karbonite parts in some future version, unless TweakScale already automagically understands the ORSModuleResourceExtraction and KarboniteResourceConverter modules.

Those modules look like this, in case it helps:

MODULE
{
powerConsumptionLand = 2.5
extractionRateLandPerTon = 10
resourceName = Karbonite
unitName = Karbonite Extractor
extractActionName = Extract Karbonite
stopActionName = Stop Karbonite Extraction
resourceManaged = False
resourceToUse = ElectricCharge
}

--and--

MODULE
{
name = KarboniteResourceConverter
deactivateIfFull = true
deactivateIfEmpty = false
displayName = LiquidFuel
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 1.5
}
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = Karbonite
rate = 1
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
rate = 0.9
}
}

Anyway, not exactly a pressing concern and I'm sure you have better things to do, but it would be neat! Also, does TweakScale automatically find and scale all kinds of resources? Does it scale anything in a part that's in a RESOURCE {} no matter its name, or do you have to specify what the plugin recognizes & scales and what it doesn't?

Thanks!

As can clearly (:P) be seen in ScaleExponents.cfg:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
breakingForce = 2
breakingTorque = 2
buoyancy = 3
crashTolerance = 1
explosionPotential = 3
maxTemp = 1
mass = 3

Resources
{
!amount = 3
maxAmount = 3
}

attachNodes
{
breakingForce = 2
breakingTorque = 2
}
}

The Resources{} part tells TweakScale to resource anything that's contained part.Resources, so any and all resources are scaled.

This should scale Karbonite stuff roughly correctly, I hope:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
extractionRateLandPerTon = 2
extractionRateOceanPerTon = 2
powerConsumptionLand = 2
powerConsumptionOcean = 2
}

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
name = USI_ResourceConverter
inputList
{
rate = 3
}
outputList
{
rate = 3
}
inputResources
{
rate = 3
}
}

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
name = KarboniteGenerator
maxOutput = 3
}

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
name = ORSModuleAirScoop
scoopAir = 2
}

I'm gonna give it a spin and see what goes wrong.