[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Don't know if it was already reported, when scaling a tank up (a LF only, "mk1" ?, 1.25m to 2.5m or more), surface attached parts stay where they are on scaling down, from 2.5 to 1.25m back, solar panels for example, stay "magically" fixed on a 2.5m diameter invisible cylinder.

(0.24.2 with some other mods)

And I got this:

Non platform assembly: G:\KSP_win-0.24.2\GameData\TweakScale\plugins\TweakScale_ModularFuelTanks.dll (this message is harmless)

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'TweakScale_ModularFuelTanks': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Non platform assembly: G:\KSP_win-0.24.2\GameData\TweakScale\plugins\TweakScale_RealFuels.dll (this message is harmless)

I don't use MF at all and first post didn't say there is a dependencies on MFT.

As can clearly (:P) be seen in ScaleExponents.cfg:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
breakingForce = 2
breakingTorque = 2
buoyancy = 3
crashTolerance = 1
explosionPotential = 3
maxTemp = 1
mass = 3

Resources
{
!amount = 3
maxAmount = 3
}

attachNodes
{
breakingForce = 2
breakingTorque = 2
}
}

The Resources{} part tells TweakScale to resource anything that's contained part.Resources, so any and all resources are scaled.

This should scale Karbonite stuff roughly correctly, I hope:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
name = ORSModuleResourceExtraction
extractionRateLandPerTon = 2
extractionRateOceanPerTon = 2
powerConsumptionLand = 2
powerConsumptionOcean = 2
}

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
name = USI_ResourceConverter
inputList
{
rate = 3
}
outputList
{
rate = 3
}
inputResources
{
rate = 3
}
}

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
name = KarboniteGenerator
maxOutput = 3
}

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
name = ORSModuleAirScoop
scoopAir = 2
}

I'm gonna give it a spin and see what goes wrong.

Cool, thanks! I just didn't know if that Resources {} bit would apply to anything TweakScale could find, or whether it was based on a list of "known" resources, so to speak. Good to know!

Don't know if it was already reported, when scaling a tank up (a LF only, "mk1" ?, 1.25m to 2.5m or more), surface attached parts stay where they are on scaling down, from 2.5 to 1.25m back, solar panels for example, stay "magically" fixed on a 2.5m diameter invisible cylinder. I don't use MF at all and first post didn't say there is a dependencies on MFT.

I noticed this too - scaled up a RoveMate, attached stuff, scaled down, stuff stayed where they were. I think stuff stays attached fine when scaling up, it's scaling down that they're left behind.

Okay, I seem to have lost tweakscale functionality. None of the parts I have installed, including stock, will allow me to change scales.

The following folders are in gamedata:

KineTechAnimation

NASAmission

Squad

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

KittopiaSpace

DistantObject

TextureReplacer

RealSolarSystem

Modstatistics (disabled)

CustomAsteroids

ProcedrualDynamics

CrewManifest

DMagic Orbital Science

RLA_Stockalike

NavyFish

AdvSRB

B9_Aerospace

K3

Firespitter

JSI

AerojetKerbodyne

Smokescreen

ResGen

aWolf

SCANsat

KWRocketry

ASET

Protractor

NearFutureSolar

ActiveTextureManagment

BoulderCo

ProceduralFairings

ProceduralParts

AnimatedDecouplers

KerbinJointReinforcement

Mechjeb2

000_Toolbar

Realchute

Stripsymmetry

Fineprint

SDHI

Dangit

QuantumStrutsContinued

NearFutureConstruction

BDArmory

Tweakscale

Going to try removing a few less essential addons and see if I get functionality back. All KSPAPIextensions are at the newest version.

e: Turns out it was Infernal Robotics! It was an older version that had it's own tweakscale cfg

Edited by falken

I noticed this too - scaled up a RoveMate, attached stuff, scaled down, stuff stayed where they were. I think stuff stays attached fine when scaling up, it's scaling down that they're left behind.

Thanks, fixed in 1.34.

Also added Karbonite parts for rescaling. I haven't been able to test that properly, so please report any issues.

Are there any known conflicts of TweakScale with other mods? I haven't been able to use TweakScale since the installation of 24.x and can't figure out why. I'm using IR like the fellow two up from me but there's no old TweakScale install coupled with it. Installed TweakScale and IR independently as well. I have TweakableEverything installed so maybe there's some conflict there? Searching through my mod directory there's no duplicate instances of TweakScale in any other mod. Kind of at a loss here as to why this doesn't work.

Just for funsies, my mod list is as follows:

ActionGroupManager

AviationLights

BahaEPL

BahaSP

BoulderCo (part of EVE)

CactEye

Chatterer

CrewManifest

DebRefund

DistantObject

Engineer

EhnahncedNavBall

EVE

ExtraContracts

Extraplanetary Launchpads

FAR

Firespitter

KAS

Kethane

KWRocketry

MagicSmokeIndustries (IR)

ModStats

NASA

ORS

PartCatalog

PartWizard

PreciseNode

ProceduralDynamics (procedural wings)

Procedural Fairings

SCANsat

SpecialTech

StationScience

TextureReplacer

TAC

Toadicus

TriggerTech

TweakableEverything

US_Core

US_KAS

MKS/OKS

Karbonite

All updated to their latest 24.x versions where applicable.

And I got this:

Non platform assembly: E:\KSP_Test\GameData\TweakScale\plugins\TweakScale_ModularFuelTanks.dll (this message is harmless)
AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'TweakScale_ModularFuelTanks': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

I don't use MF at all and first post didn't say there is a dependencies on MFT.

There are no dependencies on MFT or Real Fuels. If you don't have them installed, you will get an error message like the above. Just ignore it, as it's expected and does nothing bad.

Shiv,

Please describe what parts of TweakScale are not working. Also, delete and reinstall IR.

Off the top of my head, I don't see any other mods in the list that use KSPAPIExtensions, but I know not all of them have been updated to KAE 1.6.3. That problem should be fixed by KAE 1.7.0, though all the mods will need to be updated once more.

It would also help to see your output_log.txt (Win) or player.log (Mac, Linux) – that should list all locations of KSPAPIExtensions.dll, as well as any other errors.

Are there any known conflicts of TweakScale with other mods? I haven't been able to use TweakScale since the installation of 24.x and can't figure out why. I'm using IR like the fellow two up from me but there's no old TweakScale install coupled with it. Installed TweakScale and IR independently as well. I have TweakableEverything installed so maybe there's some conflict there? Searching through my mod directory there's no duplicate instances of TweakScale in any other mod. Kind of at a loss here as to why this doesn't work.

Just for funsies, my mod list is as follows:

ActionGroupManager

AviationLights

BahaEPL

BahaSP

BoulderCo (part of EVE)

CactEye

Chatterer

CrewManifest

DebRefund

DistantObject

Engineer

EhnahncedNavBall

EVE

ExtraContracts

Extraplanetary Launchpads

FAR

Firespitter

KAS

Kethane

KWRocketry

MagicSmokeIndustries (IR)

ModStats

NASA

ORS

PartCatalog

PartWizard

PreciseNode

ProceduralDynamics (procedural wings)

Procedural Fairings

SCANsat

SpecialTech

StationScience

TextureReplacer

TAC

Toadicus

TriggerTech

TweakableEverything

US_Core

US_KAS

MKS/OKS

Karbonite

All updated to their latest 24.x versions where applicable.

I'm not aware of any hard incompatibilities between TweakScale and any other mod except Goodspeed Aerospace, from which TweakScale is derived.

There are some unfortunate interactions, especially in 64-bit KSP. TweakScale and Procedural Parts have a small disagreement where parts will be incorrectly placed, which I have yet to understand the reasons for. Some parts (Real Fuels engines come to mind) are not correctly updated in some cases, due to support not yet having been added. Apart from that, I am aware of no specific incompatibilities. (I am probably wrong)

If you upload your output_log.txt and link it here, I could take a look and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

I'm not aware of any hard incompatibilities between TweakScale and any other mod except Goodspeed Aerospace, from which TweakScale is derived.

There are some unfortunate interactions, especially in 64-bit KSP. TweakScale and Procedural Parts have a small disagreement where parts will be incorrectly placed, which I have yet to understand the reasons for. Some parts (Real Fuels engines come to mind) are not correctly updated in some cases, due to support not yet having been added. Apart from that, I am aware of no specific incompatibilities. (I am probably wrong)

If you upload your output_log.txt and link it here, I could take a look and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

I have also lost tweakscale functionality, COMPLETELY. Ever since the newest hotfix and I am using 64bit with all the ROS mods.

Found an interesting interaction with Tweakscale and the two part recovery mods I've seen, DebRefund and StageRecovery. The SRB's are causing a negative amount of funds to be recovered. For the larger boosters you could actually end up recovering a negative amount.

When I commented out the RT-10 from the Squad_TweakScale.cfg it recovered with positive value. Not sure if this is a TweakScale bug or one for the other mods, but I'm going to post this in those their respective threads since I've seen a few folks running into this issue.

If anyone is having tweakscale issues, remove all addons from your install, and start the game. If the tweakscale is present, then it's an addon conflict.

When I had this issue (which turned out to be an old Infernal Robotics install) I removed all addons and then slowly added them in, 4 or so at a time until the tweakscale sliders disappeared. Of course when you do this you'll need to make sure you add addons back in with their dependancies (B9 Aerospace needing Firespitter and Kinetech etc).

Please describe what parts of TweakScale are not working. Also, delete and reinstall IR.

The UI elements were missing. When I right clicked a part there was just a blank spot where the tweakscale stuff should be, but wasn't.

Anyhow it turns out it's not compatible with ActiveTextureManagement. When I took out TweakScale the game was fine. When I took out ATM (with tweakscale installed), the game was fine and tweakscale finally worked.

Are tweakscale wheels supported? I tried adding the tweakscale module to some wheels but in game the original collider is still on the ground, so it looks like the wheel is "hovering" . I'll try posting a pic later on today.

If anyone is having tweakscale issues, remove all addons from your install, and start the game. If the tweakscale is present, then it's an addon conflict.

When I had this issue (which turned out to be an old Infernal Robotics install) I removed all addons and then slowly added them in, 4 or so at a time until the tweakscale sliders disappeared. Of course when you do this you'll need to make sure you add addons back in with their dependancies (B9 Aerospace needing Firespitter and Kinetech etc).

Yeah but when a mod highly recommends another (ie ROS and tweakscale) and you take their recommendation to have it not work... that's not cool.

The missing UI problem seems to be related to mods with old versions of KSAPIExtensions. I had to remove: Infernal Robotics, Near Future Propulsion. I don't know if all or just one are responsible.

This is, sadly, a known problem. It's to do only with KSPAPIExtensions, and can often be fixed by finding the newest KSPAPIExtensions.dll and replacing the others with that version.

I have also lost tweakscale functionality, COMPLETELY. Ever since the newest hotfix and I am using 64bit with all the ROS mods.

Sadly, KSP x64 is a fickle beast, and not fond of divulging information about why things don't work. I'll look into this, but given that, I am not sure I can solve the problem.

Are tweakscale wheels supported? I tried adding the tweakscale module to some wheels but in game the original collider is still on the ground, so it looks like the wheel is "hovering" . I'll try posting a pic later on today.

I have not looked into how TweakScale interacts with wheels. It's very much possible that something is not scaled correctly, so thank you for prodding me to take a closer look.

The UI elements were missing. When I right clicked a part there was just a blank spot where the tweakscale stuff should be, but wasn't.

Anyhow it turns out it's not compatible with ActiveTextureManagement. When I took out TweakScale the game was fine. When I took out ATM (with tweakscale installed), the game was fine and tweakscale finally worked.

Interesting. Is this 32 or 64 bit? Could you supply an output_log.txt when having both installed? Have you tried removing other mods to see if the problem disappears? (the latter is the reason I am loath to say Tweakscale supports KSP x64)

I'm gonna have a look to see if there's any discernible reason for this incompatibility.

Found an interesting interaction with Tweakscale and the two part recovery mods I've seen, DebRefund and StageRecovery. The SRB's are causing a negative amount of funds to be recovered. For the larger boosters you could actually end up recovering a negative amount.

When I commented out the RT-10 from the Squad_TweakScale.cfg it recovered with positive value. Not sure if this is a TweakScale bug or one for the other mods, but I'm going to post this in those their respective threads since I've seen a few folks running into this issue.

Weird. I know the Tweakscale cost handling has issues, and it's possibly the top priority to fix right now. Sadly, my gf insists on using my computer to play wow.

Weird. I know the Tweakscale cost handling has issues, and it's possibly the top priority to fix right now. Sadly, my gf insists on using my computer to play wow.

Just placing an SRB or a stock fuel tank as first part leaves the total at 0.0, and after right clicking the part it changes to some value, that is different from what the part is supposed to cost.

It saying KSPAPIExtensions is out of date on load up as of today. Havent changed anything other then a few mod updates. Ive since checked their folders to see if maybe I had a duplicate plugin, but no. Not sure if its a problem yet... seems to work fine, but the notification is new. Wasn't getting that last night.

Just placing an SRB or a stock fuel tank as first part leaves the total at 0.0, and after right clicking the part it changes to some value, that is different from what the part is supposed to cost.

The prices for many of the tanks and boosters are only reporting the empty pricing when full in VAB/SPH. Example: BACC reports as 190 instead of 700, as it has 510 cost on fuel. Similar issue with the other stock items tweakable with fuel.

This appears something in the tweakscale mod in how it handles initial pricing of tanks. Pretty sure this is what's causing the negative recovery prices.