[1.1.0] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS x1.1.0 [Experimental])

SIT89

Do you have a probe core on each stage?

Is the FMRS button in the toolbar visible?

If it the FMRS letters are green the plugin window should be visible, if you are on the launchpad or your current vessel has landed on a surface.

If not try to disable it with the toolbar (letters are red)

and the enable it with the toolbar again.

If it is still not there, the stored window position is maybe out of your KSP window.

I will add a function in future versions to prevent this.

You can fix that by changing to the main menu or close KSP.

Go to the folder GameData/FMRS/PluginData/FMRS

Open save.txt and set _SETTING_Window_X and _SETTING_Window_Y to 0.

The "Arm" button is right next to the "_" and "X" button.

The thing is, the FMRS doesn't even appear in the toolbar, even though I have both FMRS and Toolbar installed, in the GameData directory. However, looking at the FMRS folder, I see that there's no Plugins folder - FMRS.dll is in \GameData\FMRS\FMRS.dll. Shouldn't it be \GameData\FMRS\Plugins\FMRS.dll?

EDIT: And yes, I do have a probe core on each stage.

EDIT2: Update: It's not because the plugin is in the wrong directory, because it is loaded according to the debug toolbar. However, it still doesn't give me any icons to click, or a window to use.

Edited by wasmic

• 1 month later...

Alright, I did some (a lot) of further testing, and it seems like this addon is incompatible with Toolbar, despite the OP saying something different. Without toolbar it'll work fine, but when Toolbar is also installed, no icons or windows show up. Any chance that a hotfix anytime soon?

Alright, I did some (a lot) of further testing, and it seems like this addon is incompatible with Toolbar, despite the OP saying something different. Without toolbar it'll work fine, but when Toolbar is also installed, no icons or windows show up. Any chance that a hotfix anytime soon?

Thank you for testing!

I will try to figure out what could have gone wrong with the toolbar.

I plan to make a update when 0.24 is out.

But it could take a while, because i am currently quite busy.

Thank you for testing!

I will try to figure out what could have gone wrong with the toolbar.

I plan to make a update when 0.24 is out.

But it could take a while, because i am currently quite busy.

I just realized that I'm not sure if I'm using the newest version of Toolbar. I'll try updating tomorrow and report back.

I just realized that I'm not sure if I'm using the newest version of Toolbar. I'll try updating tomorrow and report back.

Did you post an output_log anywhere? 9 times out of 10 toolbar problems are due to installing the mod using Toolbar incorrectly. Like unzipping it into the wrong directory.

Did you post an output_log anywhere? 9 times out of 10 toolbar problems are due to installing the mod using Toolbar incorrectly. Like unzipping it into the wrong directory.

I made sure to unzip it directly into GameData - that is:

GameData

/FMRS

//FMRS.dll

//icon_enabled.png

//icon_disabled.png

This works just fine without Toolbar, but when Toolbar is installed, it doesn't appear on the toolbar - but it still generates the "save" folder. I will try to update Toolbar and generate an output_log.

Same problem as wasmic - no button in the toolbar. And just as with him, paths aren't the issue - extracted it like every other plugin: check where the gamedata dir context is in the archive, etc - basic stuff. I have quite a lot of mods installed, and afaik the newest toolbar version (downloaded the most recent one a week ago).

Log: http://pastebin.com/fVECnV6X

I'm experiencing the same issues as Rynak and Wasmic. Uninstalling Toolbar doesn't resolve the issue. The FMRS button was available my first flight on the save, then would not re-appear after that. When changing enabled to true in save.txt, the button appeared again, and the window opened properly until I staged the first time, when the window disappeared, but the button remained in the toolbar. After switching scenes, enabled switched back to false, and the button did not reappear.

Hope this helps. I'd really love to use this plugin regularly!

EDIT: I was able to get a step closer by deleting FMRS/plugindata completely then restarting the game (it turns out a restart is not required, just loading a new scene, eg reverting to launch). The plugin ran as expected all the way to orbit. When I clicked on a stage to re-visit it, the icon disappeared, but I was able to land the stage successfully. I believe the window is supposed to remain open from there and allow you to jump to other stages, but again, the window and the button were both gone from the landed stage. When I tried to return to the tracking station via the space center, the clock stopped for a good 20 seconds, and I was unable to select any buildings. I could bring up the escape menu, but none of the buttons worked, and I had to restart the game.

Edited by hapaxLegomina

Log: http://pastebin.com/fVECnV6X

I'm experiencing the same issues as Rynak and Wasmic. Uninstalling Toolbar doesn't resolve the issue. The FMRS button was available my first flight on the save, then would not re-appear after that. When changing enabled to true in save.txt, the button appeared again, and the window opened properly until I staged the first time, when the window disappeared, but the button remained in the toolbar. After switching scenes, enabled switched back to false, and the button did not reappear.

Hope this helps. I'd really love to use this plugin regularly!

EDIT: I was able to get a step closer by deleting FMRS/plugindata completely then restarting the game (it turns out a restart is not required, just loading a new scene, eg reverting to launch). The plugin ran as expected all the way to orbit. When I clicked on a stage to re-visit it, the icon disappeared, but I was able to land the stage successfully. I believe the window is supposed to remain open from there and allow you to jump to other stages, but again, the window and the button were both gone from the landed stage. When I tried to return to the tracking station via the space center, the clock stopped for a good 20 seconds, and I was unable to select any buildings. I could bring up the escape menu, but none of the buttons worked, and I had to restart the game.

Thank you for the log. That helps me a bit.

What makes me wonder is that I only see a few log entries from the plugin.

Have you set _SETTING_Debug = true in the save.txt?

There should be much more entries if this setting is set to true.

Would be hard to change the code, so it accepts stages with an armed "RealChute" as a deserving target for recovery?

I will have a look at it, but I can't promise anything.

Mod to Mod interactions are mostly difficult.

Please tell me this is still in the works for compatibility with 0.24? I'm having issues with the window no longer popping up when I click on the toolbar button.

Yes, I'm working on a new version.

But as already mentioned, I,m really busy currently.

So it can take a while till the next release.

According to your issue with the window no longer popping up.

Clicking the button on the toolbar closes the plugin, not only the window.

So you only get a new window with your active vessel in the states prelaunch and landed.

Could this explain your issue?

Update v0.1.04 released

Thanks to the log file of hapaxLegomina, i was able to fix a bug.

There was a problem loading the window position values from the save file, if the values haven't been whole numbers.

I guess this bug doesn't apears on windows systems.

change log v0.1.04

compiled with 0.24.2 x64

reset window appearance modified (current vessel must be commandable and no flag, kerbal or debris)

moved toolbar init form Awake() to Start() routine

changed convertion of the window postion values

Please let me know if this fixes your problems.

Edited by SIT89

I just tried this mod and I like it, it's pretty good. The only thing is that it takes away the ability to revert your flight. I did a testlight to test the mod, intending to blow everything up and revert the flight but actually ended up losing money :P.

But other than that, I recommend the mod :D

So It took a LOT of trial and error but I finally got it!

I made a falcon heavy style lifter and was having some issues getting the boosters to turn around without getting torn apart in the atmosphere since I'm using Ferram Aerospace. So I tried a steeper ascent to get the boosters above the Karman line (about 30km for Kerbin I think). And separated them with seperatrons equidistant from the booster's center of mass. All I had to do was burn directly west at 0 deg pitch and cancel out all of the rocket's orbital velocity relative to Kerbin's center, which only took about 300 dV. Then the rocket just fell directly downwards while the space center "caught up" with it due to Kerbin's rotation. Popped chutes and came down to a soft landing about 500m from the pad. Repeated for the second booster.

Anyone try something similar? Got any tips to make the process more efficient? I don't like the steep ascent too much because you loose too much dV to gravity drag but I don't really see any alternatives. Also I want to try this without chutes but you build up WAY too much velocity plummeting straight down through the atmosphere like that. Since my boosters are long and thin there doesn't seem to be much drag acting on them and I have to cancel over 800m/s in order to land.

Edited by The Pink Ranger

Update v0.1.04 released

Thanks to the log file of hapaxLegomina, i was able to fix a bug.

There was a problem loading the window position values from the save file, if the values haven't been whole numbers.

I guess this bug doesn't apears on windows systems.

Thank you so much! It works like a charm now. I hope you stick around long enough to do some more streamlining, because this mod is killer.

Update v0.2.00 released

BEFORE UPDATING FROM v0.1.xx TO v0.2.00 DELETE THE FOLDER "PluginData" INSIDE "GameData\FMRS" !

change log:

settings window added ("s" button next to the "_" button)

auto engine cut off for dropped vessels added

(auto) recover function added (returns stored science data an funds)

tracking for killed kerbals added (kill kerbal while flying dropped craft = reputation loss)

recovering crafts and killing kerbals generate messages

changed window style, layout and resizing

text box for recovered vessels added

recognizes stages with RealChute as controllable

window is now clamped inside the screen

revert to launch button is now dependent to the settings in the debug toolbar

save file structure changed

bug fix: window disappears after decoupling before launch

bug fix: plugin doesn´t resets after revert to launch (to a not on launch pad launch)

various smaller tweaks to support the update

If you encounter any bugs:

Please check the "write debug messages to log file" option in the settings, recreate the bug and send me the log file.

Thank you!

Edited by SIT89

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.