[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

Hi, this is a great mod, really helpful with EVE and Better Atmospheres (can't even see Eve's surface :P) but I was wondering, are you planning on changing the models for the Maptraq and the been there done that? They're... a little bit clunky, if you don't mind me saying. It'd be great to know if you are planning to, although I suppose I can live with it.

Thanks for the great mod :)

Given the size of GPSs ;) I just did this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[SCANsat]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = SCANsat
sensorType = 0
fov = 0
min_alt = 0
max_alt = 0
best_alt = 0
power = 0.05
}
}

Using ModuleManager.dll and violla instant MapTraq for everyone.

Hi, this is a great mod, really helpful with EVE and Better Atmospheres (can't even see Eve's surface :P) but I was wondering, are you planning on changing the models for the Maptraq and the been there done that? They're... a little bit clunky, if you don't mind me saying. It'd be great to know if you are planning to, although I suppose I can live with it.

They are a bit oversized...just go into config and scale them down a bit...this is what ive done (only those 2 parts though...I like the size of actual sat parts).

Sorry to potentially sound like a complete moron, but why has this mod apparently switched authors with no warning?

There was several weeks of this discussion in the old thread before the changeover. Currently the status of ownership is addressed in several places including: the first post here, license information found in the source code and in the GitHub repository, and as the first section of a very extensive readme file found on GitHub and included in the release package.

I believe the plan is to do away with the MapTraq entirely. I'm not convinced that there is any worthwhile reason to keep it around. There isn't any particular need to have SCANsat dependent on a part for background scanning and map access. So the plugin can be altered work without it.

Great mod and thank you for the continious support for it!

But could you please add a note that mod statistic is distributed with it on the front page please?

It's already there.

Great mod and thank you for the continious support for it!

But could you please add a note that mod statistic is distributed with it on the front page please?

Such a note was added the very moment that ModStatistics was added to the release version. It's the second line of the post.

Sorry to potentially sound like a complete moron, but why has this mod apparently switched authors with no warning?

There was quite a bit of warning in the old SCANsat thread. I had been posting in it for about a month, indicating that I was working on an updated release.

After about 2 months total of being unable to contact damny through multiple avenues, I went ahead and forked the project (as the first post says, in the header bar).

Now, the current team is me (technogeeky) and DMagic. We have been the authors of this fork for about a month or so.

Hey!

Great mod, used it alot before the update. However, now I'm having difficulties.

I've put all the ScanSat items on my satelite, but I cant see that Scansat icon anymore. I do however see them in the Toolbar, but I cant click on them. Almost seems like they're greyed out. Cant click on settings either.

Any idea why? (Sorry if this has already been answered btw, skimmed through this thread with no luck)

Thanks!

Hey!

Great mod, used it alot before the update. However, now I'm having difficulties.

I've put all the ScanSat items on my satelite, but I cant see that Scansat icon anymore. I do however see them in the Toolbar, but I cant click on them. Almost seems like they're greyed out. Cant click on settings either.

Any idea why? (Sorry if this has already been answered btw, skimmed through this thread with no luck)

Thanks!

Pictures or log files? It's hard to say what the issue is without more information. It sounds like there could be a problem with the toolbar.

Well the icons are there and look ok. If clicking on them doesn't do anything check the debug log (alt + F2) to see if it shows any "null reference exception" entries, or submit your output.log (in the KSP_Data folder) here.

I got loads of:

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Etc.

Only when I press one of the ScanSAT buttons tho.

I got loads of:

Etc.

Only when I press one of the ScanSAT buttons tho.

That definitely looks like a problem, though it's hard to say for sure what's causing it without the full output.log file.

You can try deleting, re-downloading and re-installing SCANsat v6.1, maybe something is corrupted. You can also try this out on a clean installation of KSP with only toolbar and SCANsat.

Also, if you updated from an older version you must fully delete the old SCANsat folder. Simply overwriting the existing SCANsat folder with the new copy won't work and will leave multiple copies of several files.

Can we get a version without modstatistics.

I don't want that piece of crap spyware on my computer. Even if they "claim" there is a opt out option.

I don´t support this request. This whole "spyware"-discussion is just ridiculous...

I don´t support this request. This whole "spyware"-discussion is just ridiculous...

Definitely not using anything bundling this crap. It breaks a good number of EU laws, so it is, and any mods bundling it, unfit for use in the EU.

I really hope this info somehow helps the mod.

Personally I don't see how when I start/end my game and how much time I spend in each scene could help improve any mod. Just effing annoying dll, which monitors you for the sake of doing so, without any particular use. How much or how I play the game is nobody's business and it rather pisses me off that some random guy decides they have the right to know that information.

Not to mention a good number of EU laws this happens to break.