• Asteroid Utilities
    • Asteroid Repurpose Systems
    • Asteroid Recycling Technologies
    • Asteroid Harvesting Tools
    • Asteroid Utilization Pack
    • Mineable Asteroids
    • Asteroid Kerbalization System

Update!

Finally got it so you can have multiple Jaws carving out space simultaneously.

StrYrYj.png

Also the probe is fully functional - it's what determines an asteroid's makeup. VERY mod friendly, all done via a single config file :) Ratios are how much rock to get one unit of the resource.

1mqM97U.png

Fixing tanks and crew hatch (almost done, the hard bits are finished), adding the mass driver and separator, then the IVAs (unless they get silly on me, then I will put those on hold for a future patch).

Wow that looks great! I'm definitely adding this mod to my list of mods for my next play through (once I get done making some engines).

And bless your heart for making the source available, I've been banging my head on a wall trying to figure out how to turn particle effects on and off. I know that the new rules about mods say you have to include the source, but still. :)

Looks like it's time to capture the largest asteroid I have and put it around Minmus as a refueling center. I have a fuel depot on the surface and a fuel ferry to deliver processed fuel to orbit... and this is way better than just having a floating tank in orbit.

Will the crew compartments take up space on the asteroid?

Can you get karbonite from the rocks?

Yes. Yes you can. Resources are random with different weights and costs, all designed to be easy as pie to configure by folks who want to adapt and extend this

Just captured my first asteroid, used the jaw to go at it... and it just kept going... remaining rock is -2000 something when I realized and stopped it. 45t asteroid is now 5t. I have to run some errands, but when I get back I'll see whether it'll let me have a negative tonnage asteroid (wonder what KSP will do with that).

Just captured my first asteroid, used the jaw to go at it... and it just kept going... remaining rock is -2000 something when I realized and stopped it. 45t asteroid is now 5t. I have to run some errands, but when I get back I'll see whether it'll let me have a negative tonnage asteroid (wonder what KSP will do with that).

Negative mass! Quick, build a hyperdrive!

Negative mass! Quick, build a hyperdrive!

Serious bug info: When I reloaded my save, the empty space remained the same (8002, which was beyond what it should have been able to provide), however, available rock was 600 and the asteroids full mass was returned... so now I have over-emptied the asteroid twice...

It's worth mentioning that in my testing, the asteroids weight did not appear to be affected by the Jaw. Center of Mass for the vessel didn't change and it still pivoted as if the asteroid was still 45t

Ridiculous picture section:

d0HSpoU.jpg

How do you like them apples?

Total vessel weight: 56kg.

TWR: 311593.78

Capturing asteroid is easy peasy... shoulda sent an ion drive :P

r1YDa6p.jpg

I'm surprised the game didn't crash...

Edited by Temporal Wolf
Update

I looked through the topic and i didnt see directly the answer i was looking, so, question. Is it possible that there is an incompatibility with KSP Interstellar? For some reasons, and thats the funny part, it seems like i dont have the tech in my techtree. On the otherhand, i dont have even the Tech from the Nasa Addon available, the "stock" claw. I am a bit confused what kind of issue could that be. I guess it has somethin to do with the modpack... but it couldn´t be the dev version of hollow asteroids, yes?

I looked through the topic and i didnt see directly the answer i was looking, so, question. Is it possible that there is an incompatibility with KSP Interstellar? For some reasons, and thats the funny part, it seems like i dont have the tech in my techtree. On the otherhand, i dont have even the Tech from the Nasa Addon available, the "stock" claw. I am a bit confused what kind of issue could that be. I guess it has somethin to do with the modpack... but it couldn´t be the dev version of hollow asteroids, yes?

Nothing that would cause that. tbh I would not be using this dev version till I get the 0.24 version out as it's pretty much a rewrite.

Well i think i found the issue allready... KSP Interstellar seems broken, but it was just mentioned on the last side of the mod, not the first side :/ Sooo i have to wait for a version that will work with .2 and stop my warp 1 program -_- so another 4 days of playing for the trashbin.... oh cruel world.

Well... gimme another mod like Hollowed asteroids thats not in dev and i take it, otherwise, shut up and let me kill my pc with your excellent mod idears! :P

They are to good to wait for stable versions!

Well i think i found the issue allready... KSP Interstellar seems broken, but it was just mentioned on the last side of the mod, not the first side :/ Sooo i have to wait for a version that will work with .2 and stop my warp 1 program -_- so another 4 days of playing for the trashbin.... oh cruel world.

Well... gimme another mod like Hollowed asteroids thats not in dev and i take it, otherwise, shut up and let me kill my pc with your excellent mod idears! :P

They are to good to wait for stable versions!

Oh this one will be out in a matter of days - I'm in the home stretch and I'm really happy with it.

Working on it now ;) The aweesome bit... is that you can use it WITHOUT an asteroid. So you can build rock-powered ferries, etc.

What is this madness! And a sugestion for the mass driver, what if you were to designate an asteroid to be only used for the mass driver, would you be able to cut it up to say 90% mass as usable for the mass driver, but can't have anything stored in it other than rock, would that be fesable?

What is this madness! And a sugestion for the mass driver, what if you were to designate an asteroid to be only used for the mass driver, would you be able to cut it up to say 90% mass as usable for the mass driver, but can't have anything stored in it other than rock, would that be fesable?

hmmm... lemme noodle it over. The main rub is going to be controlling the darn thing ;)