ZooNamedGames

Should I make more pictures?  

1. 1. Should I make more pictures?

• Yes
    • No
    • Up to You...
    • I don't know
    • I don't care

I don't often make artwork since I'm pretty bad, but I made these and wanted to know what everyone else thinks of them... don't hold back the truth, I know I suck and I wholesomely admit it, I'm a writer and a scientist, not a painter. So please enjoy what I have made whilst at school, with NOTHING TO DO.

Also, none of these are meant to be scientifically, nor historically accurate. This is just what I made, so please, don't complain.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I call it Kerbalitis, I have it pretty bad myself!

Hm. I just have a "hand" for WRITING, not drawing, so when I started with the first picture one day and saw how good it was coming out I started to make more! So I was just like, "woah" and a while later I uploaded them to the webs and apparently, people like it :) . So thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, really. It's an "unique" art style, me like.

Thank you! I never considered myself an artist, but maybe I should give it another shot. :)

[QUICK ARTISTIC BACKGROUND] I'm a (mostly) self-taught artist who has created some reasonably good artwork, namely the Debris Series. You may want to check out some of my art if you have the spare time. [/QUICK ARTISTIC BACKGROUND]

I hate to be the one to offer suggestions instead of just complimenting. Some of these are, in fact, pretty good. But I do have several bones to pick.

First off: Ditch the notebook paper. Please, please, please ditch the notebook paper. These drawings would look a lot more professional if you drew them on regular white paper. Trust me.

It looks as if you're better at shading than you are at drawing spacecraft to me. This is a bit unique: it's usually the other way around. You should practice with the spacecraft a bit, and I'll assure you that you will get better. Until that point, it may be best to draw the spacecraft smaller, so that they are not the focus of the drawing. It seems as if you are doing this to a degree, but doing it to an even greater extent wouldn't hurt.

The spacecraft seem to be drawn, as a whole, without any perspective. You're drawing them face-on or edge-on, which looks slightly awkward. If I have any one recommendation for your spacecraft drawings, try drawing them at all of the angles you can think of. Maybe add more shading to them too, which it seems you're good at.

I think that you'll get to be a better artist if you practice with this. Perhaps this is not what you want to do; so be it, but you're definitely showing some serious promise. I know that practicing can be tedious, but it will make you a better artist. Try working with new media; see how well you can do.

Good luck.

:)

[QUICK ARTISTIC BACKGROUND] I'm a (mostly) self-taught artist who has created some reasonably good artwork, namely the Debris Series. You may want to check out some of my art if you have the spare time. [/QUICK ARTISTIC BACKGROUND]

I hate to be the one to offer suggestions instead of just complimenting. Some of these are, in fact, pretty good. But I do have several bones to pick.

First off: Ditch the notebook paper. Please, please, please ditch the notebook paper. These drawings would look a lot more professional if you drew them on regular white paper. Trust me.

It looks as if you're better at shading than you are at drawing spacecraft to me. This is a bit unique: it's usually the other way around. You should practice with the spacecraft a bit, and I'll assure you that you will get better. Until that point, it may be best to draw the spacecraft smaller, so that they are not the focus of the drawing. It seems as if you are doing this to a degree, but doing it to an even greater extent wouldn't hurt.

The spacecraft seem to be drawn, as a whole, without any perspective. You're drawing them face-on or edge-on, which looks slightly awkward. If I have any one recommendation for your spacecraft drawings, try drawing them at all of the angles you can think of. Maybe add more shading to them too, which it seems you're good at.

I think that you'll get to be a better artist if you practice with this. Perhaps this is not what you want to do; so be it, but you're definitely showing some serious promise. I know that practicing can be tedious, but it will make you a better artist. Try working with new media; see how well you can do.

Good luck.

:)

I thank you for the compliments, but I have a few things to return to you...

I'm not an artist, and unless I get better reason to, I don't practice much other than sketching something for 10, 20 seconds. As I am a writer, NOT a artist, but I thank you for what you have said.

Also, I made these during class, hence the lined paper. It wasnt until nearly three MONTHS (at least, more likely more) after making these I got a sketch pad. So as I said, please don't critque. Please ENJOY. That's their purpose :)

I like it. Just ditch the notebook paper and they'll be excellent. Try doing some more.

*sigh* I was doing this at school. Not for an art show.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not an artist, and unless I get better reason to, I don't practice much other than sketching something for 10, 20 seconds. As I am a writer, NOT a artist, but I thank you for what you have said.

Also, I made these during class, hence the lined paper. It wasnt until nearly three MONTHS (at least, more likely more) after making these I got a sketch pad. So as I said, please don't critque. Please ENJOY. That's their purpose :)

See this comment for more info.

I'm sorry if I offended you, and it honestly wasn't my intent. I merely try to offer my best advice to all who seem to want it, and when I heard:

I don't often make artwork since I'm pretty bad, but I made these and wanted to know what everyone else thinks of them. ...

...and then you said:

REALLY?, maybe I should [make more drawings] then :)

...I thought that you wanted to know how to make better drawings (at least in my opinion).

I know you don't want to practice making drawings and that you're more comfortable as a writer. But it seems as if you want comments on your artwork and wish to continue in the field. Thus, I gave a few suggestions about how to improve your drawings.

Again, if this offends you, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to be helpful here.

I'm sorry if I offended you, and it honestly wasn't my intent. I merely try to offer my best advice to all who seem to want it, and when I heard:

...and then you said:

...I thought that you wanted to know how to make better drawings (at least in my opinion).

I know you don't want to practice making drawings and that you're more comfortable as a writer. But it seems as if you want comments on your artwork and wish to continue in the field. Thus, I gave a few suggestions about how to improve your drawings.

Again, if this offends you, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to be helpful here.

I never said anyone offended me. At any time, but I just want to inform, that I do this because it's fun. Not for the reward, not for the style, not for improvement (however that would be nice), but just simply because it's fun. I have taken any and all your comments to mind and will try hard to do as you have told me, but this simply comes back to my first statement, I did this DURING class, and bored as I can be. So please, what I ask is not to be thought of as a "I make art everyday" artist, because I'm not.

Again, you nor anyone else has offended me. I always in all my posts say "Thank you". So I am happy for your words, I just want to let you know this isn't my day to day stuff, just once a YEAR thing :wink: .