[DEV][0.24.x][Jul 24] SCANsat v7.0rc4 -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed!

Apologies if this has been asked/discussed before, but for some reason the MultiSpectral and coincidently the Karbonite scanner don't seem to work around Laythe. I'm in an almost perfect 250x250km orbit around Laythe and I've got a full charge of ElectricCharge I still get what is shown in the image below. The weird thing is that the small map and the SAR sat in a higher orbit seem to be working fine.

Running version 7 of SCANsat.

X5pxE4E.png

Apologies if this has been asked/discussed before, but for some reason the MultiSpectral and coincidently the Karbonite scanner don't seem to work around Laythe.

Do you have Custom Biomes installed? You'll get static from the Multispectral Scanner if there aren't any biomes, but the altimeters will still work. Not sure about Karbonite.

Do you have Custom Biomes installed? You'll get static from the Multispectral Scanner if there aren't any biomes, but the altimeters will still work. Not sure about Karbonite.

No Custom Biomes, also the MultiSpectral scanner and the Karbonite scanner work just fine over Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus...

EDIT: I have the following mods installed;

Latest Mechjeb

Karbonite

SCANsat

Lazor Dockingcam

Crew Manifest

That's why you have static - there are currently only biomes on Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus. The Karbonite is unrelated, I think.. If there's nothing on the Laythe Karbonite map at all, check to see you have a png that defines it in whatever folder it's supposed to be in.

Ahh gotcha! I thought SCANsat would just show one biome, anomalies and Karbonite.

I just got a crash from using the latest .dll of SCANsat included in the JSI RPM download, and I can't remember for the life of me, which version and where should I be using?

Yes? No? Potatoes?

quick question:

is there some sort of api where my plugin can see which parts are already scanned? writing an mapoverlay for ORS kind of like the kethane one and would like to put in scansat integration

quick question:

is there some sort of api where my plugin can see which parts are already scanned? writing an mapoverlay for ORS kind of like the kethane one and would like to put in scansat integration

Do you mean to figure out if scanner A has covered lat X and long Y? Yes, if you are hard linking it is trivial to setup: https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/blob/release/SCANsat/SCANutil.cs#L26-L56. Just plugin in the location and the scanner type (the integer values of which can be found here) and it will return true or false.

If you don't want to hard-link, and it's easiest not to, it's also pretty easy. Science Alert does exactly this, those methods were actually added specifically for Science Alert and they seem to work fine.

I just got a crash from using the latest .dll of SCANsat included in the JSI RPM download, and I can't remember for the life of me, which version and where should I be using?

There is no SCANsat.dll in the RPM folder. If you are referring to the SCANsatRPM.dll then you have an old version of RPM. There should be no copies of SCANsatRPM.dll anywhere in your GameData folder.

@DMagic to make a ScanSat dish scan Karbonite, Is this the MODULE to add ?

MODULE

{

name = SCANsat

sensorType = 64

resourceType = 21

fov = 10

min_alt = 5000

max_alt = 500000

best_alt = 100000

scanName = Karbonite

power = 0.4

}

EDIT- Sorry found it looked on part but that did'nt work see he had a CFG file for the ScanSat MODULE

MODULE

{

name = SCANsat

sensorType = 262144

fov = 4

min_alt = 5000

max_alt = 750000

best_alt = 100000

scanName = Karbonite Scan

power = 0.5

}

Edited by Mecripp2

RC4 overlays aren't working for me with any ORS resources (e.g. Karbonite) after the 1.2.0.0 update. Keeping the old 1.1 dll seems to be incompatible with the new interstellar release, so it can't avoided easily that way.

[Exception]: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

RC4 overlays aren't working for me with any ORS resources (e.g. Karbonite) after the 1.2.0.0 update. Keeping the old 1.1 dll seems to be incompatible with the new interstellar release, so it can't avoided easily that way.

[Exception]: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

i think it needs to be recompiled against new ORS version 1.2.0.0

Wheres the download!?!? :'(

The devs haven't had the time / opportunity to repack it without ModStatistics yet, which means that they've had to take to link down since the rules-change last week.

If you want to download it anyway, in spite of that, you can go to the github site ( https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/ ) and click on the releases link (just above the list of files, says 14 releases), which will take you to the archive of previous releases, including 7.0rc4, the last one there.

I've seen this before, but never been able to replicate it. I don't know why it causes such serious errors, but it appears to be caused by ORS failing to load the resource map texture for some reason. The best way to handle this is probably getting ORS to make sure that its maps are actually loaded before it starts doing stuff with them.

How do we do that? I have the same problem running 64 bit, no Active Texture Management.

I'm having trouble getting scansat to work on my install. I am able to access the parts that are unlocked in the tech tree, but they might as well be decorations on my ship:

- In the VAB, the right mouse button doesn't give any information

- In the VAB, there are no options for action groups for any scansat parts

- In flight, there is no functionality to any scansat parts. Right clicking only shows the temperature of the part.

I first copied the "SCANsat-release" directory to my GameData folder. Within that folder there are 4 other folders and two files, so after seeing the mod didn't work, I tried moving those 4 folders and 2 files directly into the GameData Folder, which didn't change any results.

Does anyone know what may be wrong with my install?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.