[DEV][0.24.x][Jul 24] SCANsat v7.0rc4 -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed!

This is 32-bit right? This kind of thing happens in x64 sometimes, but I haven't seen it x86 before, and the crash log doesn't really tell me anything. This is happening right before it gets to the main menu? That's what it looked like, but SCANsat shouldn't start doing anything until after it gets to the main menu.

Did previous versions of SCANsat work? You could try rolling back to an older version, or just re-installing this version. Just make sure to completely delete the existing SCANsat folder.

Yes this is on x86 KSP. After removing SCANsat it loads up fine (Though crashing now at weird times could be due to Karbonite and Karbonite Plus, will try again without those and see if it loads)

EDIT: Ok so i just tried and it seems there may be a clash with either Karbonite or K+. One i removed them ScanSat loaded just fine.

Edited by JewelShisen

DMagic - when you get a chance we have a new ORSX resource - Uraninite (basically the raw version of uranium, replaces the uranium resource formerly used by KSPI). Already up in CRP, no change to ORSX.

Are these still via bitmask or are they becoming configurable?

Thanks!

Question for maybe RoverDude or DMagic or both...

I have SCANSat 7 and the latest (as of 10/4) USI all mods zip. When I go into SCANsat's settings, I never get the "activate resource overlay" radio button. I see Kethane and ORS resource buttons, but it just says no resources detected. The normal mode for Karbonite and other ORS resources "display hotspots" seems to be working just fine.

Not sure where to go from here.

EDIT: Please ignore....

If you get this same issue, update to Release Can. 5 Somehow I thought I copied in RC5 but I had RC4

Edited by rottielover

I am actually experiencing the same issue as rottielover, however I'm definitely running rc5. I can scan bodies, but in 'settings' under the resources buttons it says 'no resources found'.... I'm running 32bit KSP, MechJeb2, MKS/OKS, TAC Life Support, and ScanSat.

Anyone know what I could be doing wrong or is this a bug?

DMagic - when you get a chance we have a new ORSX resource - Uraninite (basically the raw version of uranium, replaces the uranium resource formerly used by KSPI). Already up in CRP, no change to ORSX.

Are these still via bitmask or are they becoming configurable?

Thanks!

There's a config file in 7rc5 (Resources/SCANresource.cfg) that maps between ORS keys and bits in the bitmask. Since I was going to share maps between Uraninite and Interstellar uranium, I was planning to put those maps on the bit previously assigned to Interstellar uranium.

If the ORSX key is Uraninite, the patch to take over that bit would look like:

@SCANSAT_SENSOR[Uranium] {
@name = Uraninite
}

Now that I've had a chance to look at the files and seen that your ORSX key is Uranium, you can use the same configs that would scan Interstellar uranium.

Edited by undercoveryankee

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.