IVA Issues and Questions: Unity IVA Orientation, Portrait Camera, Funky Scaling

Ive been messing around with my IVA, but I keep having some issues with the orientation. No matter how I orient the IVA inside Unity, it always keeps it sideways in the game. Also, it looks like the IVA is being scaled down, even though my rescale factor for the exterior model is set to 1. If you check the picture below, the circled yellow handrails are huge compared to what they should be.

Any ideas on this? Does my hierarchy in Unity look ok?

also, how do the portrait cameras need to be oriented in the internal model? it seems that portrait cameras default to a specific distance and location with respect to each kerbal transform in the IVA model. So are empties for the portrait cameras required?

INTERNAL
{
name = 3MInternal

MODULE
{
name = InternalSeat
seatTransformName = GalleySeat
allowCrewHelmet = false
portraitCameraName = cameraPilot
}

MODULE
{
name = InternalSeat
allowCrewHelmet = false
seatTransformName = QuartersSeat
portraitCameraName = cameraPassenger0
}

MODULE
{
name = InternalSeat
seatTransformName = ScienceSeat
allowCrewHelmet = false
portraitCameraName = cameraPassenger1
}

}

00M2YEP.jpg

GXpi2le.jpg

GvvTNFz.jpg

Hi, diifficult to work out the orientation from the pic But if that visible transform is the origin/pivot for your interior then it's completely different to the way i set up my IVA's

I've moved the exterior from over the interior for clarity of view you can clearly see the alignment, this alignment is set before importing to unity.

EZjLT0S.png

AS for the internal camera transforms I dont use them as i found that it didnt matter where i put them the camera's always at the same distance, it may have been a requirement of earlier releases but it now works quite well without them

INTERNAL
{
name = DockPodInternal
MODULE
{
name = InternalSeat
seatTransformName = Seat1
allowCrewHelmet = false
}
MODULE
{
name = InternalSeat
seatTransformName = Seat2
allowCrewHelmet = false
}
MODULE
{
name = InternalSeat
seatTransformName = Seat3
allowCrewHelmet = false
}
MODULE
{
name = InternalCameraSwitch
colliderTransformName = Window1FocusPoint
cameraTransformName = Window1EyeTransform
} etc etc

Gets you this

EYRlF3g.png

here is a better picture of the orientation. I want it so that the model is upright when brought into the game, and so the Navball faces up. The first pictures shows how the orientation is prior to flipping it. the upper level galley table is closer to the front window, and above where the airlock is.

Taking your picture, I tipped it back 90 degrees, and then rotated it 180. but in game it still does the same.

does Y have to be up in the IVA and Z backwards? do i need to flip the exterior model, or will that cause the navball orientation to be horizontal instead of vertical?

3IpiDwP.jpg

nfZniqF.jpg

Ok, I realized my issue.

I was rotating the model via the empty game object, rather than the imported IVA model. I zero'ed out the Internal Model game object, and rotated the model instead. Now its oriented properly.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help SpannerMonkey!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.