[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

You are making such an awesome job since the beginning, so I guess no one will mind if you take some time for yourself! :)

Someone might find interesting the views of my primary near-Kerbin vehicles: ATV, Himmelwagen and Tantares

http://imgur.com/a/KEOg0

Impressive views! These will fit nicely with my space program.

Also, are they 100% stock, aside from the payload itself?

Edited by AppleDavidJeans
klasdjfl;kdsja;lfjsd;lafasdf

Impressive views! These will fit nicely with my space program.

Also, are they 100% stock, aside from the payload itself?

Thanks! The mods used are Tantares (payload), Procedural Fairings (well, fairings), SXT (fuel tanks for Prussian ships), HGR (for Soyuz/Tantares launcher) and aWolf's LES.

[Mod awesomeness intensifies]

doc108663834_324509163?hash=e5d92f23050864e1c6&dl=acec3aef8fd02bffc0&wnd=1

Edited by Niemand303

Wow! :D

the content people have posted is great, really nice stuff. I've been wanting some free time to play and try some of this stuff...

Progress on the Fobos is slow, as I am very busy lately, but it's coming.

Some people may dislike this, but I won't be going for the lander + return stage, as I think realistically that can't be done in an aesthetically pleasing way without making really single-use and specific parts.

Some custom RCS are needed.

c3e03679d9.jpg

Eh... I assure you it's all balanced and weighed correctly, but that's a lot of Delta V

12b7812991.jpg

The fuel tank is nothing special, but it can be radially attached.

2f1a409578.jpg

@biohazard15

The Spica may get an update alongside the Polaris, but I wouldn't expect it to look quite the same.

Edited by Beale

/I]

The Spica may get an update alongside the Polaris, but I wouldn't expect it to look quite the same.

I'm very excited for the Fobos! Also very excited for the Polaris update; they are some very unique parts, as is the Spica (which I hope also gets an update!!)

Thanks for all of your work Beale!

fobos looking good
Yay, like every time it's nice to hear (and see :wink:) from you! This itsy-bitsy RCS tank is really useful for any light probes. :3

Thanks guys! :)

Eve Orbiter departure:

http://imgur.com/a/lPhwI

Moar coming soon!

Nice mission!

Sort of TMK-ish :cool:

I'm very excited for the Fobos! Also very excited for the Polaris update; they are some very unique parts, as is the Spica (which I hope also gets an update!!)

Thanks for all of your work Beale!

The Polaris is quite awkward, I'm sure in reality, the astronauts would more or less lie down, but Kerbals stubbornly want to sit upright...

FOBO like landed on a class A

notice the small "ARM" holding the RCS, these are quite neat little things, basically identical to cubic-struts, but cylinders.

d5b0b09e41.jpg

FOBO like landed on a class A

notice the small "ARM" holding the RCS, these are quite neat little things, basically identical to cubic-struts, but cylinders.

Nice! I can think of so many places for that - much more visually pleasing that the cubic-strut.

Hmmmm... Can I ask where the little dark grey aerial parts come from? I've seen them on a number of your screenshots but I've never seen the parts in any packs.

Hahaha ))) Nice model of Philae(part of Rosetta mission)

Haha, thanks!

Nice! I can think of so many places for that - much more visually pleasing that the cubic-strut.

Hmmmm... Can I ask where the little dark grey aerial parts come from? I've seen them on a number of your screenshots but I've never seen the parts in any packs.

Hi & Thanks! :)

Those little grey antennas are from RemoteTech2, they are rather weak (only a range of 500km).

You can install remoteTech2 but remove the DLL if you want the parts without the plugin (But I am now addicted to the plugin)

So, I'm curious. Does anyone know whether I should have this on my RSS install rather than Bobcat's work?

This is in no way balanced or sized for RSS (But the Tantares has a lot more DV than the real Soyuz), so in general I would recommend Bobcat's mod, unless you want to tweak the fuel amounts and sizes to your own desire.

Still, give it a try! :)

In 6.4x Kerbal RSS though, stock sizes are good to go. The dV requirements go up, but that might make this balance out if they have high dV. The only thing holding me back is finding the time to bash together some patches for realfuels for your pack. (BIG FLASHING SIGN: NOT A REQUEST.)

When/if I have the time, i'll try to send in whatever I come up with though.

Also, just a really cool modset overall, I like it a lot!

EDIT with a bug report:

The TAC MM config doesn't seem to be applying, for some reason. Example, the Vega_Crew_A is intended to have 1110.373 O2 per the MM patch, but only gives 111.1 in game. Actually, all of the values are off by a factor of 10. WTF. I'll... poke around some more, but that was a weird one I thought i'd toss your guys' (The thread as a whole) way.

Edited by komodo

Hi & Thanks! :)

Those little grey antennas are from RemoteTech2, they are rather weak (only a range of 500km).

You can install remoteTech2 but remove the DLL if you want the parts without the plugin (But I am now addicted to the plugin)

Ahhh, thank you!

In 6.4x Kerbal RSS though, stock sizes are good to go. The dV requirements go up, but that might make this balance out if they have high dV. The only thing holding me back is finding the time to bash together some patches for realfuels for your pack. (BIG FLASHING SIGN: NOT A REQUEST.)

When/if I have the time, i'll try to send in whatever I come up with though.

Also, just a really cool modset overall, I like it a lot!

EDIT with a bug report:

The TAC MM config doesn't seem to be applying, for some reason. Example, the Vega_Crew_A is intended to have 1110.373 O2 per the MM patch, but only gives 111.1 in game. Actually, all of the values are off by a factor of 10. WTF. I'll... poke around some more, but that was a weird one I thought i'd toss your guys' (The thread as a whole) way.

Hi, thanks!

About TAC, I'll have a look, to be honest the "right" numbers have always eluded me (I don't use TAC myself).

As a gift for improving relations, Kerbiet Union offered United States of Kerbin a Tantares ship, and that's how it was shipped on a distance of more than 600 kilometers.:)

http://imgur.com/a/pQ8YZ

Holy hell! :cool:

That's awesome! The plane especially, what mods are you using to add the extras to KSC?

Hooray on the progress!

I may make a CFG edit for the Pollux and Capella so if you use TAC, so that they can haul life support.

TAC is already supported by the CYGNUS and ATV, unless you have some changes you'd like to suggest :)

Progress!

Nothing major, but the docking probe. Designed to be really basic and light. Shares its heritage with the Tantares docking port.

Fun fact, the "Kontact" was the docking port used on the LOK/LK

548d3be0cb.jpg

b5e06aae12.jpg

ed12196cb9.jpg

Still to do...

• Solar Panels (I have some interesting ideas for these)
  • Micro RCS jets
  • Laser surface sampler (drill?) (Might make optional DMagic support)

Edited by Beale