[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

I indeed object, since dropping the life support configs would basically kill the purpose of cargo ships.

Not to drop all of them! :)

I guess this is "putting all my eggs in one basket" and would focus on keeping the TAC config suitable, rather than iffy support for three different life support mods.

Bug report received, are you using RF Stockalike?

Aye. I pulled their configs for the moment for both tantares and tantareslv which at least got me back to one set of tank configs. I'm at work on a down time atm, so it's a little hard to check exactly what I've done ><

I indeed object, since dropping the life support configs would basically kill the purpose of cargo ships.

I can/will maintain the TAC support if Beale does not have the time. I am unfamiliar with the others. Which one(s) in particular are popular with Tantares fans?

I can/will maintain the TAC support if Beale does not have the time. I am unfamiliar with the others. Which one(s) in particular are popular with Tantares fans?

That is a nice offer, would be really good.

There's been problems in the past with TAC: big lack of agreement on what values are suitable (I.e how many days can a Salyut go without eating). So that's a minor issue.

Personally I find it hard to use life support without a form of ISRU for "infinite" stays. But, it's not designed for me I guess.

Edited by Beale

I'm happy to look after one or two of the mod configs. I've used Snacks! before so I can definitely install the latest version and work on configs for that, provided people are interested.

EDIT: CrisK asked a good question, it might be worth having a poll or something to work out which mods are especially popular with Tantares users.

Edited by Tapejara

Bug report(possibly!)

For the realfuels configs, two things. One I understand, but don't know how to fix, and one that baffles me;

The first is that if the included/updated configs from earlier in the thread are in place, they clash with the configs from stockalike. (Incidentally, I believe the alv b tank has the same volume as the c, but I'd have to check.) think things like triple fuel load outs on right click, etc. a real confusion.

The second is the rcs: both the tst service module rcs and the alv b rcs have the power to push their respective crafts at several g of acceleration. I can't for the life of me find in the configs where they gained this epic power. They guzzle fuel as well, so at least that is balanced, but it seems a bit off ;)

I'll check again, but it'd probably be into Thursday before I can get back to you guys.

Thanks, loving the new toys and the rf configs!

I suggest removing your Stockalike_Tantares.cfg file from Real Fuels. That file is mostly Niemand303's work from a while back and is pretty much just an outdated version of what now comes bundled with Tantares.

I suggest removing your Stockalike_Tantares.cfg file from Real Fuels. That file is mostly Niemand303's work from a while back and is pretty much just an outdated version of what now comes bundled with Tantares.

Yep, yanked it and the LV version as well; still some of the bugs remain. When I get a chance, i'll raise the issue over there. The files *appear* to have MM conditionals such that they won't stomp on each other, but I think the keywords are incorrect.

I personally use/enjoy antenna range, and appreciate the config file. Snacks as well. I don't see those really being that dynamic compared to say, TAC. Mileage may vary depending on the user, though :D

I'm happy to look after one or two of the mod configs. I've used Snacks! before so I can definitely install the latest version and work on configs for that, provided people are interested.

EDIT: CrisK asked a good question, it might be worth having a poll or something to work out which mods are especially popular with Tantares users.

It's very generous also!

It's thankful most life support mods use some kind automatic resource addition, so usually only some small specific cases are needed (I.E cargo spacecraft have much larger capacities).

Although - Yep, I think maybe it would be good to just focus on support for a little places. Quality over quantity.

The antenna range config seems to cause trouble for HGR users, for some reason, so I need to take a closer look at that, or remove it.

Ohhh!!! Fantastic! You just made my crappy day alot better with that picture. Thank you! :D

I'm glad :)

El-Kae

908d8fd73b.jpg

Well, Snacks is probably the easiest config to maintain, since any manned pod gets them automatically via the mod itself. It's unmanned cargo pods that should get an additional config.

As for ISRU-based life support mod, all of these are currently living on borrowed time - they would have to change to stock ISRU or simply die (I hardly think that anybody would use additional resources that are incompatible with other mods)

IMO, there should be three principal configs - DRE, KAS, RT - and life support configs. And DRE config would probably get deprecated upon 1.0 release (along with DRE itself) - but we might need a new config for stock heat system (if they choose to implement something like DRE's ablative shielding, which would require adding it to pods)

Nice LK body!

Well, Snacks is probably the easiest config to maintain, since any manned pod gets them automatically via the mod itself. It's unmanned cargo pods that should get an additional config.

As for ISRU-based life support mod, all of these are currently living on borrowed time - they would have to change to stock ISRU or simply die (I hardly think that anybody would use additional resources that are incompatible with other mods)

IMO, there should be three principal configs - DRE, KAS, RT - and life support configs. And DRE config would probably get deprecated upon 1.0 release (along with DRE itself) - but we might need a new config for stock heat system (if they choose to implement something like DRE's ablative shielding, which would require adding it to pods)

Nice LK body!

Yeah, it is very interesting actually that some mods may become basically obsolete post 1.0.

Why I don't really support CLS anymore: stock crew transfer (even if not perfect).

I think the same is true of TAC is it not? It distributes resources based on crew capacity?

Anyway: LK

bbae4c09e8.jpg

24b2066374.jpg

Edited by Beale

---

The antenna range config seems to cause trouble for HGR users, for some reason, so I need to take a closer look at that, or remove it.

Super weird. I will try to check that one out when I get a chance (I don't know how many of us use the antenna range mod honestly.).

Yeah, it is very interesting actually that some mods may become basically obsolete post 1.0.

Why I don't really support CLS anymore: stock crew transfer (even if not perfect).

I think the same is true of TAC is it not? It distributes resources based on crew capacity?

Anyway: LK

http://puu.sh/gjP4X/bbae4c09e8.jpg

http://puu.sh/gjPYK/24b2066374.jpg

It will definitely be interesting to see how 1.0 shakes things up. Personally I'm looking forward to many heated debates on how to rebalance TantaresLV for the new aerodynamic model...

LK is looking good. Will the engines still be a separate, oversized part for this new version?

Super weird. I will try to check that one out when I get a chance (I don't know how many of us use the antenna range mod honestly.).

Thanks!

It will definitely be interesting to see how 1.0 shakes things up. Personally I'm looking forward to many heated debates on how to rebalance TantaresLV for the new aerodynamic model...

LK is looking good. Will the engines still be a separate, oversized part for this new version?

Rebalance! Bleh.

Thanks on LK!

New engine will be more low-profile, eh, it should always be.

Am I the only one who feels like these mods seriously deserve a spot on the "Featured mods" list on Kerbal Stuff?

Got a mention on the KSP twitter just a day or two ago! :D

794d024a22.jpg

Looks super fab! Could you show a pic of Blok E without the LPU assembly? <3

Thanks! But, for the request, I cannot.

It's decides the LK is now an SSTO

Pros:

Re-usable

Less bugs

Cons:

Less history accurate

There is some ideas to split the stages, but that's a bonus beyond its basic configuration.

There is two stage version available already, it was a "dead end" development road, but it is in okay working condition. I linked it a few pages back.

Block E engine: still not done yet :D

Edited by Beale

I know you're very busy already, but a quick question: At any point will there be the Soyuz LOK's own docking mechanism? I know the LOK has a crazy big pointy looking one with some tanks on it or somthing that doesn't look quite the same as the standard Soyuz docking probe like we've been using.

I know you're very busy already, but a quick question: At any point will there be the Soyuz LOK's own docking mechanism? I know the LOK has a crazy big pointy looking one with some tanks on it or somthing that doesn't look quite the same as the standard Soyuz docking probe like we've been using.

Something yes I would like to do this - but, I guess it is a "would be nice" part, depends on how much texture space is left (Hint - for the Soyuz, there's a lot).

Prepare for photofall!

Pictures from my latest Tantares campaign. This one is focused on using the American conic spacecraft design.

http://imgur.com/a/vum4B

Wow!

Nice, you've followed the Mercury, Gemini line to their logical conclusion!

I enjoy these kinds of improvisations :)

I'm loving the LK's brass/gold paneling on the tank. I think it fits well with the over-all feel of Tantares and Stock parts; Slightly beat-up, unpainted or unfinished parts.

Thanks! I was unsure about the gold, but the end result is quite nice I feel. I'm glad it is appreciated. :)