[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

I may just be doing really badly, but has anyone else been unable to make a usable N1/L3 with the provided parts? I may just be using the wrong things, it just doesn't seem to have enough Delta-V.

Trust me, she's got all the delta-v you need. :cool:

HRKL7At.png?1

I may just be doing really badly, but has anyone else been unable to make a usable N1/L3 with the provided parts? I may just be using the wrong things, it just doesn't seem to have enough Delta-V.

It has so much delta-V that I cut it in half and still got to the Mun.

20182973843_9a556f1542_m_d.jpg20615942480_7da18bcd37_m_d.jpg20615954948_894fa057a6_m_d.jpg

Try this for the original N1: http://kerbalx.com/CaptKordite/Korolevs-N1-L3-Moon-Rocket

This works without the N1s first stage: http://kerbalx.com/CaptKordite/Dobro-LK

And this is the craft shown above: http://kerbalx.com/CaptKordite/Liga--2K-LK

Edited by CaptKordite

Trust me, she's got all the delta-v you need. :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/HRKL7At.png?1

There is something very magical about the N-1 launch, I should redo it's textures to be a little more up to standard :)

Nice design!

Wow! Impressive (and eye opening!).

Love the lander.

Will the Fregat have like unmanned control? That'd be nice.

Nice idea! I may add self control to the Block-D too.

X-1

Modelling plane parts is very new for me, so this may take a time (But, I have a lot of free time today :) )

eb4db99610.jpg

Fregat model, just the basic geometry - but, that is the hardest part!

At 1752 triangles (1044 Polygons), It is quite high-poly by my standard, but I don't think it can be reduced further...

29f9cdd555.jpg

Edited by Beale

X-1

Modelling plane parts is very new for me, so this may take a time (But, I have a lot of free time today :) )

http://puu.sh/jPbwj/eb4db99610.jpg

spiffy :D

remember to keep IVA in mind those plane enthusiasts are sticklers about their cockpit views and kerbals see out of their necks thankfully since its a nose cone pod you can put the window as forward as you want without having to worry about end caps and attachment nodes ;)

spiffy :D

remember to keep IVA in mind those plane enthusiasts are sticklers about their cockpit views and kerbals see out of their necks thankfully since its a nose cone pod you can put the window as forward as you want without having to worry about end caps and attachment nodes ;)

Many thanks!

It may need to be redone for more IVA views. Current visibility is...

2195ae3260.jpg

X-1

Fregat model, just the basic geometry - but, that is the hardest part!

At 1752 triangles (1044 Polygons), It is quite high-poly by my standard, but I don't think it can be reduced further...

That X-1 cockpit looks like it'll "fit" pretty well with the rest of the parts, and so long as the texture is grey or white (rather than bright orange like the IRL X-1) and it's 1.25m it'll probably get a LOT of use :-)

A thought with the X-1 : combining it with the bulgey V-1 fuel tank, stock wings, and an LOX engine, would make for a very shapely X-1 craft :)

Also - the fregat looks like a good start. It'll be nice not to have to cobble monoprop tanks together anymore for this.

Three actual questions :

Are you planning for the fregat to be a fuel tank, or have an engine built in to make it a self-contained stage like the "real" fregat?

The new R-7/Soyuz , any plans to release a beta? I know I'm not the only one chomping at the bit for it ;-)

The PPTS, the beta you had posted a while back looked pretty close to "done" and was basically usable, but little has been said about it since. Is it still on the slate to get into the official release?

Edited by tjsnh

Wow!

This is alarmingly close to one of my career launchers.

That X-1 cockpit looks like it'll "fit" pretty well with the rest of the parts, and so long as the texture is grey or white (rather than bright orange like the IRL X-1) and it's 1.25m it'll probably get a LOT of use :-)

A thought with the X-1 : combining it with the bulgey V-1 fuel tank, stock wings, and an LOX engine, would make for a very shapely X-1 craft :)

Also - the fregat looks like a good start. It'll be nice not to have to cobble monoprop tanks together anymore for this.

Three actual questions :

Are you planning for the fregat to be a fuel tank, or have an engine built in to make it a self-contained stage like the "real" fregat?

The new R-7/Soyuz , any plans to release a beta? I know I'm not the only one chomping at the bit for it ;-)

The PPTS, the beta you had posted a while back looked pretty close to "done" and was basically usable, but little has been said about it since. Is it still on the slate to get into the official release?

I plan the colour scheme very close to Mk2 and recently revealed Learjet cockpit. A body part is potential as it would make the profile of the plane easier to match.

35b63eb26c.jpg

1. Separate engine, like the current Block-D, it's potentially going to be a fuel-tank and control module combo however (like the Cygnus).

2. Ask and ye shall receive :)

TLV / Soyuz FG / R7 Beta

Whatever you call it, you can try it out now.

04ed847b0b.jpg

Warning: This will break saved R7 craft files!

3.Everything PPTS is currently available in the latest full release, except for the Service Module and Decoupler :) They will be available shortly sometime.

d7d53db509.jpg

Edited by Beale

Ah, I was about to ask you if the R-7 will be finished today because of so much free time! Very nice, I'll test it when I get home from school.

Does it include vernier jets and fins?

Also, can't wait for the rest of the PPTS parts and the Angara!

Edited by VenomousRequiem

3.Everything PPTS is currently available in the latest full release, except for the Service Module and Decoupler :) They will be available shortly sometime.

http://puu.sh/jPhLY/d7d53db509.jpg

If that tank and decoupler are in 1.875m like I think they are, you're going to make a lot of people very happy once they get released :-)

Related question about the PPTS, and since this isn't directly related to the Tantares parts I'll throw it out there to the gallery - what does it use for engines? I haven't been able to find any info on the PPTS service module, nor find a picture of it's backside to see what it's engine looks like. It's somewhat relevant, as making one in KSP (once the service module is out with Tantares) is a little difficult without that .. minor .. detail :)

If that tank and decoupler are in 1.875m like I think they are, you're going to make a lot of people very happy once they get released :-)
The heat shield has a built-in decoupler that goes down to 1.875.
Related question about the PPTS, and since this isn't directly related to the Tantares parts I'll throw it out there to the gallery - what does it use for engines? I haven't been able to find any info on the PPTS service module, nor find a picture of it's backside to see what it's engine looks like. It's somewhat relevant, as making one in KSP (once the service module is out with Tantares) is a little difficult without that .. minor .. detail :)
I would guess STAR OME's?

Ahh, I've tried the new R-7 now, but I encountered a couple problems. Of course, the models all look amazing but you know... everything has their issues.

First, the first stage engines have next to no gimbal it seems, making the craft next to impossible to fly. I can't wait for those vernier jets. :P

Second, the fairing splits off in 1 section. As in, once you jettison it, it only makes one piece in a ring around the spacecraft, so I'd have to back out of the jettisoned fairing to get out of it.

Third, this isn't really an issue but it bugs me, the third stage engine clips into the Tavio decoupler when it's placed below the engine, so I had to use another kind.

@tjsnh

The PPTS was planed to use the Engine-Module of ATV. Unfortunatly, the Tantares PPTS is 2.5 m in diameter, same as the engine of Capella (ATV).

@VenomousRequiem

take a look in the post above yours. That will fix the Fairing-problem. R7 flys great, take a reaction wheel on your rocket :P

@Beale

... a good time to rework the Capella again to 1.875 m at the Engine-Sector and 2.5 m on max. of Capella-Cargo ... and by the way ... a big compliment for your work.

Edited by hraban

Hello Beale,

your Fairing out of TLV / Soyuz FG / R7 Beta has a little bug:

With nArcs = 1 the Fairing will gone in segmented rings, that was a very bad process ;)

With nArcs = 2 (or more) the Fairing will gone fine.

Best Regards

hraban

Yep, noticed this a little too late :P

Thanks for spreading the word!

the first stage engines have next to no gimbal it seems, making the craft next to impossible to fly. I can't wait for those vernier jets..

Absolutely, I'd recommend the Vernor thruster stock parts for now. :)

@tjsnh

The PPTS was planed to use the Engine-Module of ATV. Unfortunatly, the Tantares PPTS is 2.5 m in diameter, same as the engine of Capella (ATV).

@VenomousRequiem

take a look in the post above yours. That will fix the Fairing-problem. R7 flys great, take a reaction wheel on your rocket :P

@Beale

... a good time to rework the Capella again to 1.875 m ... and by the way ... a big compliment for your work.

This is what I have for reference.

faa8d31cff.jpg

You know, 1.875m ATV would allow 2.5m Ariane 5.... Hmmm!

Edited by Beale

@Beale

dont change the Capella ;)

The picture above looks nice but i think the Artist love Nozzles ;)

Make a 1.875 m Engine with 4 Nozzle like Capella and all is good.

It's not necessary to build all to realistic.

I do it so:

J1Ug0DY.png

Edited by hraban