[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

Beale, I'm curious as to why the first stage tank was made as two separate parts? Why not all in one piece, like the real Soyuz?

Don't know why Beale chose to do it that way, but I like it. Lets me split that tank in two and use the upper half of it as the upper stage. (Only 200m/s less with fuel lines from the boosters feeding the core.)

20141118_ksp0031_tantares.jpg

Whoa can i have those cube habs as actual parts please, also where do i download the mun launchpad?

They are not quite ready yet :)

It is a set of generic static objects.

b62c1e92c0.jpg

Beale, I'm curious as to why the first stage tank was made as two separate parts? Why not all in one piece, like the real Soyuz?

Don't know why Beale chose to do it that way, but I like it. Lets me split that tank in two and use the upper half of it as the upper stage. (Only 200m/s less with fuel lines from the boosters feeding the core.)

http://0div0.org/images/ksp/20141118_ksp0031_tantares.jpg

^ Basically this reason! ^

It is just more versatile :)

Nice!

Haven't tried the new launcher yet, but the new station textures look great! :)

http://i.imgur.com/n5VToPn.jpg

Thanks!

Nice MIR too! :)

Edited by Beale

Yes, likewise as AppleDavidJeans, I have no problem getting to 100kmx100km orbit with half fuel in upper stage.

http://puu.sh/cWuNt/abbaa35fae.jpg

What mods you are using?

Well.

KerbalStats, ATM, TextureReplacer, Mechjeb and MechJeb's embedded MM file, scavenged SXT, Tantares and TantaresLV, DDSloader, Mk2Separator and KPseudonym, if I recall correctly. And stock bug fixes for Korolyov cross.

Oh, and Trajectories and of course ModuleManager.

The configuration was like this:

Stock LES tower

Standard Tantares configuration -RCS (I forget them all the time) +SXT extendable RTG, 11 kg or something, shouldn't bring rocket down

Size one decoupler for payload release

Interstage pFairing base with four conic shrouds (interstage because of LES tower)

Size one decoupler for mission abort

Tavio's third stage with CEMu

Stage one decoupler for third stage release

Tavio's core stage with CEMu and four stock verniers

4 smallest stock radial decouplers

4 Tavio's boosters with CEMb and two stock verniers each

Pre-flight checked deltaV and it was ~6000 m/s total, yet third stage was out of fuel in 35km or so on ascent.

Also speaking of custom decoupler. Aren't Tantares' service-to-descent one good enough for R7? I personally like stock ones, but if someone doesn't like them - there is already an alternative.

Edited by nothingSpecial

Well.

KerbalStats, ATM, TextureReplacer, Mechjeb and MechJeb's embedded MM file, scavenged SXT, Tantares and TantaresLV, DDSloader, Mk2Separator and KPseudonym, if I recall correctly. And stock bug fixes for Korolyov cross.

Oh, and Trajectories and of course ModuleManager.

The configuration was like this:

Stock LES tower

Standard Tantares configuration -RCS (I forget them all the time) +SXT extendable RTG, 11 kg or something, shouldn't bring rocket down

Size one decoupler for payload release

Interstage pFairing base with four conic shrouds (interstage because of LES tower)

Size one decoupler for mission abort

Tavio's third stage with CEMu

Stage one decoupler for third stage release

Tavio's core stage with CEMu and four stock verniers

4 smallest stock radial decouplers

4 Tavio's boosters with CEMb and two stock verniers each

Pre-flight checked deltaV and it was ~6000 m/s total, yet third stage was out of fuel in 35km or so on ascent.

Also speaking of custom decoupler. Aren't Tantares' service-to-descent one good enough for R7? I personally like stock ones, but if someone doesn't like them - there is already an alternative.

I think it's almost certainly the stock LES, which is really heavy for its size. That will reduce your delta V by a fair amount.

For decouplers, you can use the Tantares one, but I like to keep the packs separate and modular. So I will make an R7 decoupler.

Next step N1 rocket ???
As I've remembered, he is going to make probes. But N-1 is good idea too! (Yeah, N-1, not N1. R-7, not R7)https://2ch.hk/spc/src/136005/14164045847430.jpg

Unique video about N-1 (Timecode is 3:04)

Eh... I'm still not so sure about doing N1.

It is not versatile enough, in my opinion. The payload is quite narrow. I would like the heavy lift vehicle to be capable of many different things.

Still, a nice diagram and video :) Thank you!

Seconded!

Somehow I think SnowWhite might be able to dig up some relevant diagrams...? :D

I think it would be great to have a Tantares module designed for long-haul space missions to Eve and Duna - I built an Eve flyby ship using Tantares parts already:

SgQKG6p.jpg

TMK-MAVR would fit the bill, seems like. :)

Edited by boosters++

Ermm... Nothing interesting, only tonns of strange russian words! (Do you need translation?) Why? Because I don't think that OKB-1 really worked hard on this thing, everyone was thinking about N-1. In 1967 Korolev died, and Glushko... He didn't like Korolev and his N-1 and soon closed the project. And there was no need in TMK without N-1.

Seconded!

I think it would be great to have a Tantares module designed for long-haul space missions to Eve and Duna - I built an Eve flyby ship using Tantares parts already:

http://i.imgur.com/SgQKG6p.jpg

TMK-MAVR would fit the bill, seems like. :)

I believe the TMK was discussed before.
Ermm... Nothing interesting, only tonns of strange russian words! (Do you need translation?) Why? Because I don't think that OKB-1 really worked hard on this thing, everyone was thinking about N-1. In 1967 Korolev died, and Glushko... He didn't like Korolev and his N-1 and soon closed the project. And there was no need in TMK without N-1.

Hi all!

Yeah, the TMK has been toyed around with before. Some people have made really good replicas using Tantares parts.

I only have reservations as it is a bit... single use. The parts can only really be used to build this one craft.

Also, there are other Soviet Union / Russia designs for interplanetary craft that I think are a bit more versatile and interesting. They are different from the TMK, that most would appear to be "build-in-orbit" craft.

They are mainly from the 1980s onwards.

NII-TP/Keldysh

87768c573c.jpg

RKK Energia solar-powered

86e1b2be37.jpg

Kurchatov Mars 1989

d329bd9ee8.jpg

MPK

236904d5f7.jpg

TMK-E

tmkedrwg.jpg

With these, you basically have the capability for crewed exploration of the whole Kerbol system.

My favourite probably has to be the NII-TP/Keldysh!

Edited by Beale

Just a quick thing I whipped up, rather than change the core RealChute files, I made this and stuck it my own folder, naming it "Tantares_Extra_RealChute.cfg"

@PART[Alnair_Parachute_A]:FOR[RealChute]{
@MODULE[ProceduralChute]
{
textureLibrary = StockReplacement
currentCanopies = Main chute
}
}
@PART[Tantares_Parachute_A]:FOR[RealChute]
{
@MODULE[ProceduralChute]
{
}
}

That way, when (if) RealChute gets an update, you don't have to worry about accidentally deleting your fix.

Just a quick thing I whipped up, rather than change the core RealChute files, I made this and stuck it my own folder, naming it "Tantares_Extra_RealChute.cfg"

@PART[Alnair_Parachute_A]:FOR[RealChute]{
@MODULE[ProceduralChute]
{
}
}
@PART[Tantares_Parachute_A]:FOR[RealChute]
{
@MODULE[ProceduralChute]
{
}
}

That way, when (if) RealChute gets an update, you don't have to worry about accidentally deleting your fix.

Thank you!

I had no idea this could be done...

I will distribute this with the next release! Nice work!

Another bug with the beta R7:

http://i.imgur.com/QF8MU7b.png

The engine heating gradient (if that's what it's called) is backwards.

Haha!

It is funny, this was an attempt by me to make it a little more realistic.

ooSF99058.jpg

I maybe made the backwards gradient a bit too extreme, perhaps :)

Apologies I do not have much to show, I've been fairly busy. I need to polish a few of the stats, get the LES and decouplers working and then it will be ready for general release.

Edited by Beale

Google Translate and a year of Russian at university have seen me through, I think - interesting material! :)

"Úрþüõ тþóþ, ÑÂтø òþôþрþÑÂûø üþóûø чðÑÂтøчýþ ÿõрõрðñðтыòðть ø ôруóøõ þтхþôы öø÷ýõôõÑÂтõûьýþÑÂтø ÑÂúøÿðöð."

This is cool and now I also know how to say "algae" in Russian.

Hi all!

Yeah, the TMK has been toyed around with before. Some people have made really good replicas using Tantares parts.

I only have reservations as it is a bit... single use. The parts can only really be used to build this one craft.

Also, there are other Soviet Union / Russia designs for interplanetary craft that I think are a bit more versatile and interesting. They are different from the TMK, that most would appear to be "build-in-orbit" craft.

They are mainly from the 1980s onwards.

NII-TP/Keldysh

http://puu.sh/cXqtm/87768c573c.jpg

RKK Energia solar-powered

http://puu.sh/cXqub/86e1b2be37.jpg

Kurchatov Mars 1989

http://puu.sh/cXqwj/d329bd9ee8.jpg

MPK

http://puu.sh/cXqxi/236904d5f7.jpg

TMK-E

http://www.friends-partners.org/partners/mwade/graphics/t/tmkedrwg.jpg

With these, you basically have the capability for crewed exploration of the whole Kerbol system.

My favourite probably has to be the NII-TP/Keldysh!

Those look awesome, and I would fly any/all of them all over the place.

Which parts are you thinking that project would entail? Fuel tanks? Dish? Maybe some kind of truss? :)

Dumb question time!!!

For the Almach (A lovely little craft), i'm not at all sure i'm building it right. The decoupler seems to stage anything connected to it, with it. This can be rearranged, sure, but it makes me think i'm "doin' it wrong".

The other one is maybe a DRE/FAR issue, but it only wants to enter the atmosphere nose first. The parachute takes some... offense at this. Luckily I have the eva parachutes mod (for added realism in this case), but I don't know if that's a bug or not.

Just started a new save to try out the new launchers, they look fabulous already!