[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

On another matter...I've noticed some weird stuff in the VAB with pollux_contol_a (it drops the food and electricity and acts like a fuel tank)

I copied the config into a new file and renamed that part pollux_control_b and copied the module file from hamal_control_a (the progress) over the top and that works fine..just wondering if its only me or if anyone else is seeing unexpected results there (which would make me suspect hidden characters in the config file)

I'll try to recreate this. What life support mod are you running?

Only issues is the icon, any solution?

http://puu.sh/hNxZQ/d847bb8eb8.jpg

I don't know how much help this will be, but I had a similar problem when getting the Vega rocket in-game. I had modeled the parts forgetting that the Z-axis in Unit is flipped 180º from Maya's, so parts of the texture I wanted facing the camera on the launch pad were facing away. To fix it, in Unity I selected the model, not the game object, and rotated it about the Y-axis 180º and re-exported. For stages 1 - 3 of the Vega there were no adverse side effects, but the 4th stage's icon was larger than the button like what's happening with your IGLA. The only way I could solve the problem was by rotating the model in Maya, re-exporting to DAE, re-importing to Unity and setting it up for export to KSP. I'm not sure if this will help, and can offer no real explanation to what is happening as it happened after I applied a rotation to the model (within the game object) in Unity, but behaved fine if the model was rotated before being put into Unity.

thanks I'll kill that off then, pity they were pretty engines and I've got a feeling most of the near future stuff is going to get linked against it

Update...thanks Niemand its the config file in cryo engines that was the trouble, I left the fuel switch installed and the Pol still works fine

Edited by Revenant503
Update

I haven't had much time to play with the new FAR. From my brief experience, it's INSANELY more difficult. I haven't had a single rocket successfully reach orbit. Everything just flips and disintegrates.

You will be happy to know that FAR actually makes it far easier to reach orbit compared to the stock atmosphere. The Proton's upper stage can reach Minmus and return without any trouble.

Edit: Tantares LV should actually work in FAR's new model without a config file. :D Make sure that you have the latest build. It also solves the parachute problems (in FAR) thanks to stupid_chris/RealChutes.

Edited by CrisK

This is great!

My only gripe with the current soyuz transmitter is that when folded back it "sticks out" a bit far from the side, and makes fairings look atypically wide. The folding-upwards one looks incredible!!

EDIT: Also, a quick bug report. The Hamal Control Block "Hamal_Control_A" is the wrong size in the VAB. (Slightly larger than normal.) I checked the config file for the part, and it was missing rescaleFactor = 1. As soon as I added it, it was back to normal. Might want to throw that in the next update.

@Beale, let it be known that I LOVE the way the V-NMP panels fold up now... http://i.imgur.com/KVleh2H.jpeghttp://i.imgur.com/NhhZPni.jpeg

Ack!

Silly bug, thanks for finding and fixing. :)

Spektr looks great!

Do the Tantares chutes still work for you when you use the 1.0 physics? I've been hitting the ground hard enough to explode using those physics. lol just having all kinds of problems over here today.

Ah, just read your (Beale) posts about the chutes over in the add-on dev threads. Seems to be quite a pain.

To fix the parachutes, delete partDatabase.cfg from the KSP root directory :)

I don't know how much help this will be, but I had a similar problem when getting the Vega rocket in-game. I had modeled the parts forgetting that the Z-axis in Unit is flipped 180º from Maya's, so parts of the texture I wanted facing the camera on the launch pad were facing away. To fix it, in Unity I selected the model, not the game object, and rotated it about the Y-axis 180º and re-exported. For stages 1 - 3 of the Vega there were no adverse side effects, but the 4th stage's icon was larger than the button like what's happening with your IGLA. The only way I could solve the problem was by rotating the model in Maya, re-exporting to DAE, re-importing to Unity and setting it up for export to KSP. I'm not sure if this will help, and can offer no real explanation to what is happening as it happened after I applied a rotation to the model (within the game object) in Unity, but behaved fine if the model was rotated before being put into Unity.

Hey!

That works!

Many thanks TheShadow! :)

c8c578859c.jpg

This is great!

My only gripe with the current soyuz transmitter is that when folded back it "sticks out" a bit far from the side, and makes fairings look atypically wide. The folding-upwards one looks incredible!!

Thanks!

I'll change the KURS to fold forwards.

1b37c89bce.jpg

Edited by Beale

To fix the parachutes, delete partDatabase.cfg from the KSP root directory :)

Yeah I remember that being a thing. Turns out it was only the Almach chute when I was making Vostok (the partdatabase thing still didn't fix that one). The others are all working well enough though. Oh well, now it's time to build a new space station and enjoy this fine mod.

Also, I've got some free time now and this modding stuff looks like it might be fun. So I might not be all the way done bugging all you guys. :wink:

Have you ever considered making plane parts? Like old soviet aircraft? Even though I know you have a lot to deal with right now. :0

I thought of the Mig 105 as a one part little shuttle :) It would match well with the klipper.

day_01_038.jpg

Craft Pack Progress Report!

I have to brag a little. Kristall is looking really good. So is the docking module. The docking module has the Kvant-1 solar panels mounted on it just like IRL. Theoretically, if they were grab-able via KAS, you could install them yourself on EVA. Had to take some glamour shots.WBu5kRx.pngcKs8Nqi.png

Kvant-2 also has some great greeble. Bill and Val go on a walk to retrieve some snacks (possibly a pack of space-cookies) from the stowage platform the gyrodines are mounted on. ngNMfUo.pngAdhgTO5.png

I've got Priroda done, but has anyone ever replicated this, and not hated the way it looks? I just can't get the end of it right. SBIMk2d.png There aren't many details on what sensors were mounted there, or pictures of what they looked like from multiple angles.

Also worth noting that all the docking ports are 0.9375m. I really like the size, even though it is very irregular. @Beale, since you've been toying around with the idea, the next release of the craft pack should give you a pretty decent idea of how they'd work out realistically. Not nearly as awkward as I thought!

Edited by curtquarquesso

" You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to curtquarquesso again. " Oh come on..

Your crafts are really great looking :D The ladder on kvant 2 is brilliant ! And your krystall docking module is looking perfect to me :)

" You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to curtquarquesso again. " Oh come on..

Your crafts are really great looking :D The ladder on kvant 2 is brilliant ! And your krystall docking module is looking perfect to me :)

Heh, as it turns out, the Kvant-2 ladder is one of the few things I have to change a bit. With the altered scale of the ladder, I can't get a Kerbal to hang on to it. Minimum functional criteria is that it doesn't fling Kerbals into the sun. O.o

EDIT 1: Fixed! ctw7EQR.png

EDIT 2: Tantares TweakScale configs received minor update adding truss and solar panels as well as other small changes. 1.0.2 will include IGLA rescaling and balance changes.

Edited by curtquarquesso

Is asked how he felt about making fighter plane parts an April 2nd, he wasn't enthusiastic.

Soviet aircraft need Soviet landing gear and landing gear/legs/wheels are black magic in ksp that being said it would be a good way to flesh out 0.9m parts because it's a good size for iconic fighters like the mig15

Soviet aircraft need Soviet landing gear and landing gear/legs/wheels are black magic in ksp that being said it would be a good way to flesh out 0.9m parts because it's a good size for iconic fighters like the mig15

It's soviet stuff, put skis on it and that will do the trick, joke aside I think that the mig 105 has skis.

It's soviet stuff, put skis on it and that will do the trick, joke aside I think that the mig 105 has skis.

You're right, it's got skids instead of wheels. And the backup RCS runs off borscht. :D

You're right, it's got skids instead of wheels. And the backup RCS runs off borscht. :D

I got this from very serious sources #RKKenergia #roscosmos #NASAleaks

6upVFJ0.jpg

Seriously :D , after some researchs, I admit I was wrong, the mig 105 has gears, still some pictures like the one I posted shows a mig 105 with those kind of smurf sized skis, any guess ?

Yeah I remember that being a thing. Turns out it was only the Almach chute when I was making Vostok (the partdatabase thing still didn't fix that one). The others are all working well enough though. Oh well, now it's time to build a new space station and enjoy this fine mod.

Also, I've got some free time now and this modding stuff looks like it might be fun. So I might not be all the way done bugging all you guys. :wink:

Ack!

I do not think I have fixed yet the Vostok parachute, it is forgotten.

I'll take a look, many thanks! :)

Have you ever considered making plane parts? Like old soviet aircraft? Even though I know you have a lot to deal with right now. :0
Is asked how he felt about making fighter plane parts an April 2nd, he wasn't enthusiastic.

It's probably the most common request I get (seriously, outside of this thread I receive maybe a PM every week requesting this, even an e-mail once).

So, you can guess my enthusiasm for such aircraft, if I haven't already made them. :wink:

That said: With that popularity, it seems there is a huge demand for these kind of parts, maybe a good project to start modding (for somebody else).

We in Croatia have them too :D

HeeHee, I'm glad it is not just us! :D

Craft Pack Progress Report!

I have to brag a little. Kristall is looking really good. So is the docking module. The docking module has the Kvant-1 solar panels mounted on it just like IRL. Theoretically, if they were grab-able via KAS, you could install them yourself on EVA. Had to take some glamour shots.http://i.imgur.com/WBu5kRx.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/cKs8Nqi.png

Kvant-2 also has some great greeble. Bill and Val go on a walk to retrieve some snacks (possibly a pack of space-cookies) from the stowage platform the gyrodines are mounted on. http://i.imgur.com/ngNMfUo.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/AdhgTO5.png

I've got Priroda done, but has anyone ever replicated this, and not hated the way it looks? I just can't get the end of it right. http://i.imgur.com/SBIMk2d.png There aren't many details on what sensors were mounted there, or pictures of what they looked like from multiple angles.

Also worth noting that all the docking ports are 0.9375m. I really like the size, even though it is very irregular. @Beale, since you've been toying around with the idea, the next release of the craft pack should give you a pretty decent idea of how they'd work out realistically. Not nearly as awkward as I thought!

Really nice!

The Kristall especially!

Well, it's all good.

The 0.9375 ports, The Soyuz will be revamped in June (Just textures revamp), it will include the new ports.

I got this from very serious sources #RKKenergia #roscosmos #NASAleaks

http://i.imgur.com/6upVFJ0.jpg

Seriously :D , after some researchs, I admit I was wrong, the mig 105 has gears, still some pictures like the one I posted shows a mig 105 with those kind of smurf sized skis, any guess ?

Nice diagram!

I can't help with the questions though.

Edited by Beale

was it maybe supposed to land using parachutes? You wouldn't need wheels then, simple leg would do the job

We must consider the weight of the plane / shuttle too, I remember that an old luftwaffe's jet, the messerschmitt 163 Komet used to be launched by a rocket ( kind of ) engine and then fly without engine assistance to the ground, his very low weight made him able to land nearly anywhere without legs :) They were both maybe designed to land as gliders.

( Sorry for my terrible English :/ )

I used to land the klipper on the belly too :sticktongue: Who need gears ? It's too complicated to be the kerbal way !