Can I ask why Kerbin is yellow? :)
Massive ammonia leak?

0687ba5d09.jpg21829afb21.jpg

Global warming!

We tried to warn them...

We tried to warn them...

(Actually I just like the colour.)

Custom FX

Finally got something working, big thanks to hoojiwana. Though it's only a beginning, I should be able to produce some nice effects for the electric and monopropellant engines.

3d0789e855.jpg

Edited by Beale

Engine FX

C.A.S.T.O.R.

Now has a faint gas trail.

c1997a365d.jpg

ATV Engine

A larger version of the FX_White_Tiny used by the stock Monopropellant engines and the LV-1

It scatters a bit.

4dd9b96de7.jpg

Still WIP, but I think generally better than before.

Still WIP, but I think generally better than before.

Actually, this looks nothing like the real exhaust. When in vacuum, there's nothing to make the jet go in straight line, like you made it.

You should make the engines leave short, but highly dispersing trails. Stock "gas jet" is too narrow, it should very visibly disperse and generally, be just as wide (or wider) as it's long.

Actually, this looks nothing like the real exhaust. When in vacuum, there's nothing to make the jet go in straight line, like you made it.

You should make the engines leave short, but highly dispersing trails. Stock "gas jet" is too narrow, it should very visibly disperse and generally, be just as wide (or wider) as it's long.

actualyl there is no visible exhaust in vacuum at all ... so nearly EVERY game and movie is wrong .... you would only see the glowing bell of the engine...

Beale keep the shiny exhaust :D

Well, actually you can see an exhaust at least from the altitude thrusters, so I guess you could see them on the main engines. Actually, actually (actually).

mH9i0fy.jpg

Edit : I kind of agree with Dragon01, only that I think making the trail (way) shorter would do it. Also, you're doing a great job, I might just start using your mod again (not that it was bad before, but you know, memory issues and stuff) :)

Edited by Percebob

any news??

Taken a short vacation IRL, so not much. The ATV "nose" cone will soon be done and then the ATV will be ready for release.

actualyl there is no visible exhaust in vacuum at all ... so nearly EVERY game and movie is wrong .... you would only see the glowing bell of the engine...

Beale keep the shiny exhaust :D

I agree, you should keep it. No need to go all-realistic.
Well, actually you can see an exhaust at least from the altitude thrusters, so I guess you could see them on the main engines. Actually, actually (actually).

http://i.imgur.com/mH9i0fy.jpg

Edit : I kind of agree with Dragon01, only that I think making the trail (way) shorter would do it. Also, you're doing a great job, I might just start using your mod again (not that it was bad before, but you know, memory issues and stuff) :)

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

You all raise good points, I think I am inclined to agree that the WIP effects are too long. Especially the ATV trail which is twice as long as most stock effects.

Realism is a tricky subject, but most stock effects do go down the "straight line" exhaust route, so for now I'll keep it "stock" if not all realistic.

I will however increase the "highly dispersing" trails on the ATV engine as other MonoPropellant engines in stock seem to have that effect.

@Percebob - That ATV picture is nice! Where did you find it?

Edited by Beale

Nice, thanks!

ATV Nose.

Might change this to bare metal texture, to be honest (It's quite hard to do the fabric look in a low resolution).

But, it is a very basic part, so for now it's fine.

That means... Only balance left, then I can release this.

6d8ad8cf0c.jpg

155fba8070.jpg

More FX

Shorter + more sparse.

6830712378.jpg

Edited by Beale

Hmm, the effect still seems too long, and not dispersing quickly enough. I think that it should look like the "second half" of the current effect. The stream should definitely not be straight - in vacuum, it's always overexpanded. Divergence needs to be visible at the nozzle. Also remember those thrusters aren't very strong, a long trail implies a strong engine. Orbital thrusters are never very strong, even if you make them so for gameplay reasons, they shouldn't look strong.

TL;DR: Shorter and more divergence.

Flags N' Stuff

You can give it your own mission patches.

7792742_orig.jpg

Should be released tomorrow.

Although I might want to make some custom solar panels (The stock ones are a nice fit though)

6029497777.jpg

Apparently Humans are now part of the Kerbal universe...

d018bcbd70.jpg

Hmm, the effect still seems too long, and not dispersing quickly enough. I think that it should look like the "second half" of the current effect. The stream should definitely not be straight - in vacuum, it's always overexpanded. Divergence needs to be visible at the nozzle. Also remember those thrusters aren't very strong, a long trail implies a strong engine. Orbital thrusters are never very strong, even if you make them so for gameplay reasons, they shouldn't look strong.

TL;DR: Shorter and more divergence.

Fair points. Pretty happy with the current look, but I'll play around some more.

Edited by Beale

Has someone a working Realchute config for the Tantares & Alnair parachute?

Mine does, for any reason, open in the wrong direction. It works but it looks odd. :)

http://i.imgur.com/vAUFeXb.png

Hi!

It's because my models are orientated funny.

You need to add this:

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
textureLibrary = StockReplacement
currentCanopies = Main chute
}

Haha, your physics mean nothing here! I am excited for the ATV, and to hear what you have coming next. Personally I hope for the TMK

What's next?

- Re-do IVAs for Tantares and Libra.

- MIR Parts.

- General cleaning.

- TMK (Probably, but I need to find a use for it)

- Launch Parts

Edited by Beale

Tantares Release [7.0]

f461a48524.jpg

- ATV added.

- Cargo capacity added to supply craft.

- Changes to TAC config again.

- Reduction of some textures.

- Minor ISP changes on some engines.

Thanks for all the support. Big thanks to ZodiaK who produced a lot of the ATV concepts (Part layout + Models).

One thing I really want to do now is get balance right before working on anything else. If you have any suggestions on "What's over-powered" or "What's under-powered" I would be very grateful!

Feedback on the new FX is also helpful. It's still far from perfect!

If you find any bugs, let me know. Enjoy!