[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

Cool service module! Normally I like to make my own (my own SM with trans-Munar booster: http://imgur.com/c1jfqRK), but this Farshot is really interesting. I especially like the generator function.

Thanks, hope it does its job well :)

One question about generator - will it be togglable? Or just one shot?

It's toggle-able and disabled by default.

If you stick on some solar panels, then of course you can just never activate the fuel-burner :)

I took it on a trip to Eve and most of the fuel was burnt away on arrival, though still enough for mutually assured re-entry destruction.

Edit: That is, the LOK by itself has enough Delta V to leave Kerbin Orbit and transit to Eve with no trouble at all, no transfer stage is involved.

10ad13b5bd.jpg

df87e8d862.jpg

R.I.P. Dilbert Kerman, you shall be missed.

Edited by Beale

Your creations always impress me! To think that SSTO can lift all that to orbit is crazy.

Thank you.

38 tons to a height of 300 km ... Starting weight of about 80 tons.

fot1.jpg?ver=0

Examination of similar machines directly from the developer mode:

Alchymist A 6xALE-220 F4500 type II D

• tabuľková hmotnosÃ…Â¥ 46 186kg
    tabuľkové TWR 3,31/3,86
    tabuľkový ťah 1500/1750kN
    tabuľková zásoba paliva 3180LqF+1720oxi+330MP+6SF
    Náklad "20 ton" + decoupler s raketovým motorom + štandardný aerodynamický kryt (priemer 2,5m) = 20400kg
    Štartovacia hmotnosť 66 981kg
    Å¡tartovacie TWR 1,41
    štartovací ťah 1750kN
    Dosiahnutá kruhová orbita 250km, doba letu ~20:18
    celková hmotnosť na orbite 56 922 kg
    hmotnosť návratovej zostavy 36 477 kg
    návratová zásoba paliva 1469LqF+1422oxi+330MP

Long live Tantares

One of those parts that has been on a "to-do" list for a short time.

It's a "female" Soyuz port. Since it sits in Tantares_Port_A folder and uses the other port's texture, its GameData usage is 23KB

http://puu.sh/bvMw2/bb5c8f93ca.jpg

http://puu.sh/bvMyr/0127083f3f.jpg

Fantastic! Definitely a part I've been looking forward to for some time!

I always get the feeling that the male one is about to puncture the poor Clamp-O-Tron Jr.! ;)

Aak... yeah reading that back it kinda does. O.o I didn't mean it like that!

847f38656b.jpg

Gave me a chuckle :D

Anyway, expect an update tonight, after I get off work.

It will contain the LOK OMS, female port and the new configs people have kindly made.

With that Mir stuff I have begun a Mir/ISS crossover (making it a paring would make a new word in space fanfiction, I guess!). :D :D :D

http://cs625321.vk.me/v625321511/15c1/ItAKdwGJHF8.jpg

Wow, that's looking great. I think I'll be adding your screenshot to a folder I keep labelled "Inspiration" :D

Gave me a chuckle :D

Anyway, expect an update tonight, after I get off work.

It will contain the LOK OMS, female port and the new configs people have kindly made.

Awesome, just in time for the weekend! I see some new launches in my impending future... :D

With that Mir stuff I have begun a Mir/ISS crossover (making it a paring would make a new word in space fanfiction, I guess!). :D :D :D

http://cs625321.vk.me/v625321511/15c1/ItAKdwGJHF8.jpg

Seconded on The14th, looks great!

The Panel models you provided me have been tweaked a little and put in game, look good! even if the animation is a little odd currently.

dd7b54829a.jpg

Edited by Beale

Wow, that's looking great. I think I'll be adding your screenshot to a folder I keep labelled "Inspiration" :D

Thanks for the feedback! It's a pain to turn it around, actually. Struts needed, as always.

Seconded on The14th, looks great!

The Panel models you provided me have been tweaked a little and put in game, look good! even if the animation is a little odd currently.

http://puu.sh/bw2Yf/dd7b54829a.jpg

Wow, thanks a lot! I am glad it has a good use! Awesome! :blush:

Looks nice! Will you make any models or only retexturing?

It's works? Guys, please, explain me how to insert a imgur gallery, like in OP? Because I'm see nothing.:(

I promised only "reallike" textures, but someday I'll make some models (Sauron's artwork gave me an idea...:wink:) but I can't say when it happens. I can't understand Blender :( Absolutely.

@Beale: May be you do some windows restyle? On real spacecrafts they are "inline" and slightly less.

Sorry, I was delete post with images. Let's try other way.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Lexx Thai
Corrected Igallery. Thank's guys!

Looks nice! Will you make any models or only retexturing?

Seems the post has vanished? :confused:

It looks very good so far, I'm interested to see more!

Tantares 8.0 Release!

• LOK Engine
  • Female Port
  • Snacks support
  • DangIt support
  • New Tac config
  • Fixes to textures
  • Fixes to descriptions / grammar

I hope people enjoy! :)

Please if you find bugs, let me know!

6Lutr1A.jpg

It's works? Guys, please, explain me how to insert a imgur gallery, like in OP? Because I'm see nothing.:(

I promised only "reallike" textures, but someday I'll make some models (Sauron's artwork gave me an idea...:wink:) but I can't say when it happens. I can't understand Blender :( Absolutely.

@Beale: May be you do some windows restyle? On real spacecrafts they are "inline" and slightly less.

Hi!

Put the IMGUR ID (example mBnHD ) in between [ IMGUR] [ /IMGUR] tag.

If Blender is difficult, maybe try wings 3D ?

The current Window style is a bit of a style-ized look, I agree. Maybe I'll change it some day, but with the current model setup it would be tricky.

The textures look great so far!

A small tip I'd say is to add some shadowing under where the pipe and hatch handle are.

Edited by Beale

As I remember, it's [imgur] tag