[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

Hehe, thanks!

Perhaps I should elaborate on what needs doing:

Quite a large chunk of my old Unity scene files were accidentally lost on the transition from Part Tool 0.20 to 0.23.

That means to update the texture format via re-export, I'll have to basically recreate a lot of parts (including animated ones) in Unity again, obviously no small task.

At my last count there's around 60~ parts in this pack.

Also if somebody could tell me for sure if PNGs support mip-mapping in game or not, I'd be grateful.

I'd like to keep the textures easily editable, but I might be forced to move to .MBMs

Aack, that sounds like a complete pain in the ascending node... Please don't be discouraged!

Good-Luck-Were-All-Counting-on-You1.jpg

Ask me a week ago and I would've said within two weeks.

But... With the texture issues in 0.25, they'll have to wait a bit longer, sorry.

It's ok man! Thanks for the update! I will happily build spaceplanes until it's ready.

To raise up the moral a bit, I'd post my current ISS state from my Twitch stream, and, as always, I have to thank Beale for making it possible! <3

BTW, it's all 0.25, so I guess I have escaped those incompatibility issues. :)http://cs624826.vk.me/v624826511/4bed/Nc7bnXmhb_w.jpg

Looks awesome! I have to say that this pack has completely changed the way I build my space stations - and I'm building a lot more of them these days too! :D

Looks awesome! I have to say that this pack has completely changed the way I build my space stations - and I'm building a lot more of them these days too! :D

What I especially like from Tantares is that in the same time it is low part count (~20 parts per vessel) but is extremely modular and well designed, giving the possibility to make CPU-light space stations. I'm really waiting the upcoming Mir elements :)

Sweet!

I like the use of the FOBOS port on the front of the TKS engine! :)

Aack, that sounds like a complete pain in the ascending node... Please don't be discouraged!

http://4dsales.com/4d/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Good-Luck-Were-All-Counting-on-You1.jpg

601ff8184f.jpg

Thanks! Yeah it is a pain.

I do wonder, would people prefer to see SPP+ style doors now?

b9174c2247.jpg

To raise up the moral a bit, I'd post my current ISS state from my Twitch stream, and, as always, I have to thank Beale for making it possible! <3

BTW, it's all 0.25, so I guess I have escaped those incompatibility issues. :)http://cs624826.vk.me/v624826511/4bed/Nc7bnXmhb_w.jpg

Wow wow wow! I do like that! Boost to morale it really is!

I also see the need for a Core adapter for stations where you've used the LK cabin :wink:

What I especially like from Tantares is that in the same time it is low part count (~20 parts per vessel) but is extremely modular and well designed, giving the possibility to make CPU-light space stations. I'm really waiting the upcoming Mir elements :)

That's very nice to hear, thankyou :)

I do wonder, would people prefer to see SPP+ style doors now?

Wow wow wow! I do like that! Boost to morale it really is!

I also see the need for a Core adapter for stations where you've used the LK cabin :wink:

Actually, I think the previous version was better, as it is more fitting the overall style of the parts. SPP doors would be fine for spaceplanes (I should update my mod too, changing both the door design and the module, responsible for lift).

Thanks, I'm glad you appreciated! :blush:

It was kinda fun when unknown people joined my stream, as it was in Russian all along, and I switched sometimes to English for better mutual understanding. :D

And the cabin, yeah,it would be nice, but i think it may require several versions, like the 4-way for ISS configurations and 6-ways for Mir-like. Anyway, Orbital modules seem to work quite nice in their role. :)

Hope seeing future updates! It's a really god-tier modpack, IMO. :)

n6-dFNAJo40.jpg

Edited by Niemand303
meowmeowmeow

Oh, yes! Previous version doors looks... not so good.

I think the doors deserve a re-do, not quite SPP+ but something maybe a bit cleaner.

But for now, I'll stick with olden stlye.

One more interesting feature is that the stock animation plugin now allows TKS doors to be closed in VAB, that's pretty handy :)

Also added secondary nodes in TKS cargo bay to allow payload addition (with ALT key) MUCH easier.

803a38f2f2.jpg

One more interesting feature is that the stock animation plugin now allows TKS doors to be closed in VAB, that's pretty handy :)

Also added secondary nodes in TKS cargo bay to allow payload addition (with ALT key) MUCH easier.

http://puu.sh/c4A5S/803a38f2f2.jpg

Good news! I always forgot to close cargo bay doors before launch!

Have you already released the female docking port? Because I can't find it....

Good luck with the update!

Good news! I always forgot to close cargo bay doors before launch!

Have you already released the female docking port? Because I can't find it....

Good luck with the update!

Thanks!

Yes, the female docking port should be in the latest version, it's config is inside the Tantares_Port_A folder. If I remember right, it should be found right next to male port in VAB.

Yes, the female docking port should be in the latest version, it's config is inside the Tantares_Port_A folder. If I remember right, it should be found right next to male port in VAB.

Oooh, now i found it, i had a problem because i messed up with the Tantares folder while updating!

Thanks!

You know beale. You honestly should get a job ad squad. You would make great content, and they might let your mod into the game to at least some degree like they did with claira(the creator of the KSPX mod, now defunct).

EDIT:And beale, you seem to be good at rickrollinga13.gif

Edited by Reichtangle

I may have run into a serious problem. I'm still using the 0.24.2 version because 0.25 shattered my mods.

If I use the C-V3 "Operations Block," I cannot recover the craft. It'll splash/land/whatever, I recover it, the game acts like its' been recovered- and it's still sitting there. Help?

You know beale. You honestly should get a job ad squad. You would make great content, and they might let your mod into the game to at least some degree like they did with claira(the creator of the KSPX mod, now defunct).

Eheh, thanks, but I don't think that will happen in a million years.

I may have run into a serious problem. I'm still using the 0.24.2 version because 0.25 shattered my mods.

If I use the C-V3 "Operations Block," I cannot recover the craft. It'll splash/land/whatever, I recover it, the game acts like its' been recovered- and it's still sitting there. Help?

Erm, very strange, never come acrosss this before.

Could you maybe post a screenshot? (Of the craft and screen) That might help me see what's going on.

I think the doors deserve a re-do, not quite SPP+ but something maybe a bit cleaner.

But for now, I'll stick with olden stlye.

And you (finally) can do crew transfer without going EVA (and without mods). Which is even more handier. At last I don't need to change attitude of entire station just to align that goddamn ladders.

Personally I feel that doors should stay as they are. SP+ doesn't quite blend in with other stock parts - but Tantares does, and that's a major factor in why people love you and your mod :)

Erm, very strange, never come acrosss this before.

Could you maybe post a screenshot? (Of the craft and screen) That might help me see what's going on.

It seems, after more testing, that it's happening to -all- my craft now. So I don't think it was just this pod. Now I have to figure out WHY.

And you (finally) can do crew transfer without going EVA (and without mods). Which is even more handier. At last I don't need to change attitude of entire station just to align that goddamn ladders.

Personally I feel that doors should stay as they are. SP+ doesn't quite blend in with other stock parts - but Tantares does, and that's a major factor in why people love you and your mod :)

From quick testing, I am a fan of the new transfer mechanic, makes EVA a lot more "meaningful".

Thanks!

And the old doors stay :)

Tantares 10.0 Release

Remade Every Single Part in Unity. That was a pain.

Anyway, it now works fine in 0.25, but with remaking the parts, I expect there's a few bugs that slipped by me.

A lot of the animations are slower, to looks less comical.

Includes the FOBOS (no surface drill yet).

Enjoy! And please, if you find bugs, let me know! :)

Oh, delete your old versions, I say this for every version, but this one, it really matters! - Your old savegames will still be fine!

Now I can have some fun with the planes.

5ba8ce6c27.jpg

Edited by Beale

Oh, delete your old versions, I say this for every version, but this one, it really matters!

Wow, that's some real speed! Cool-cool-cool! But about that deleting, are part configs the same (or, at least, have same internally used names)? As, you know, compatibility with savegames.

Wow, that's some real speed! Cool-cool-cool! But about that deleting, are part configs the same (or, at least, have same internally used names)? As, you know, compatibility with savegames.

Yes, part configs remain untouched, it is just a case of cleaning out those old TGA textures :)

congratz beale for such a fast update ! will download it soon :)
That was an incredibly fast update! Good job!

(Also that plane looks cool....)

Thanks guys :)

I have to mention, unfortunately alternate textures are not available yet (pesky .MBM format).

I'll try and get them up soon. That being said, JohnWayne1930's config may still work if you have the old .TGAs in the right place (haven't had chance to test yet...).