[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

These compartments should be "Science", "More Science", "Even more Science", "Nothing except Science".

We're maintaining a serious space program here, and Science is not a game.

:D

Maybe "Science Snacks"

I still have the docking port IVA to do yet, thanks for the ideas :D

what are your plans for the progress, is it going to be compatible with other mods like TAC or KAS for supply deliveries?

EDIT: if you've already answered this i apologize as all the lines tend to blur together when i'm scanning previous posts >.>

what are your plans for the progress, is it going to be compatible with other mods like TAC or KAS for supply deliveries?

EDIT: if you've already answered this i apologize as all the lines tend to blur together when i'm scanning previous posts >.>

Hi! :)

No worries, no one has really asked directly.

Out of the box it is compatible with KAS (if you have it), 140 units of storage space.

No life support at the moment, there are a few different mods and it seems that if you support one, there's demand for support for an alternate one. I do understand TAC will automatically detect crewed pods and add life support resources, though obviously this automatic method is no good for Progress's OM.

I know TAC is the most commonly used, but Ioncross, Biomass and others are still around and updated often.

hmm do you plan on adding an external camera for use with RPM for docking, maybe? could even have lights if you want....

Very probable :)

Edited by Beale

hmm do you plan on adding an external camera for use with RPM for docking, maybe? could even have lights if you want....

If RPM is enabled, all docking ports have a built in cam. Just control from port, hit the "DOCK" button on RPM MFD, and voila!

If RPM is enabled, all docking ports have a built in cam. Just control from port, hit the "DOCK" button on RPM MFD, and voila!

Wow, I should have read the manual. :) This is actually really cool to find out.

i vote beale for president

I can barely handle an office job :wink:

Hiatus

There'll be another one, for a week or so, sorry to say.

I'll put out a new Beta tomorrow with all the current work.

Ok, well Give us the alternate textures, And the Alnair IVAs, and the progress, and quickly put ein(one) seat or zwei(two) in the passenger compartment quickly so we can have it. And maybe ein science experiment or zwei in it too.

I can barely handle an office job :wink:

Poor, Beale;.;. Come to 'Murica, and then we will throw out one of our own people to live and die on the street so you can have a job cause you'd be an immigrant. But it might take a long time if you go the correct route.

Edited by Reichtangle

i am aware of that, i just find it annoying having to assign an action group in order to make that work properly...

This looks great.. Working great on 64bit Linux... Windows 64bit is a crash and burn affair.. KSP just crashes trying to resume a game w/ this loaded. Not surprising though, that 64bit Windows version should never have seen the light of day.

32bit still works fine..

Looks great, nice work! :)

This looks great.. Working great on 64bit Linux... Windows 64bit is a crash and burn affair.. KSP just crashes trying to resume a game w/ this loaded. Not surprising though, that 64bit Windows version should never have seen the light of day.

32bit still works fine..

Looks great, nice work! :)

Hi!

Interesting to hear of performance on the 64-bit version, thanks for testing.

This being just a parts mod, I have no clue what could cause crashes.

I doubt I'll really take a look at 64-bit until it is less explosive.

Hi!

Interesting to hear of performance on the 64-bit version, thanks for testing.

This being just a parts mod, I have no clue what could cause crashes.

I doubt I'll really take a look at 64-bit until it is less explosive.

Well it's no secret the Windows 64bit client is no where near as stable and compatible w/ its 32bit counterpart. It really should have never been released IMO. Where it would crash KSP is when you clicked on a saved game and it tried transitioning to the overview of KSP facilities. I even tried starting a new sandbox. Would crash the same place.. 32bit Window is fine. Most are avoiding the 64bit Windows client like the plague because of the problems. The 64bit Linux client (my main KSP platform) is equal to its 32bit counterparts and runs like a watch. I'm just a tech nerd and try some addons out on both platforms. :)

If I was a modder. I'd personally avoid trying to cater to the Windows 64bit client ATM. I have a feeling that will be a moving goalpost for a couple more releases.

Edited by styckx
grammar / more babbling

Well it's no secret the Windows 64bit client is no where near as stable and compatible w/ its 32bit counterpart. It really should have never been released IMO. Where it would crash KSP is when you clicked on a saved game and it tried transitioning to the overview of KSP facilities. I even tried starting a new sandbox. Would crash the same place.. 32bit Window is fine. Most are avoiding the 64bit Windows client like the plague because of the problems. The 64bit Linux client (my main KSP platform) is equal to its 32bit counterparts and runs like a watch. I'm just a tech nerd and try some addons out on both platforms. :)

Hi, thanks for the clarification :)

If I was a modder. I'd personally avoid trying to cater to the Windows 64bit client ATM. I have a feeling that will be a moving goalpost for a couple more releases.

That's how I'm going at the moment, Wait atleast Vanilla KSP is more or less problem free in 64-bit before trying to add mods.

I just want to share some unusual uses of Tantares parts.

I stuck a clamp-o-tron Jr over top of Skylabs coupler and now we have awkward Cold War Era reunions!

Both just awesome :D I love seeing the parts used in different ways!

The TKS Is Sorta Done!

That's right, the final IVA is finished.

What's left to do? Maybe nothing... I need to check, but, there could be an actual release tomorrow.

This is the IVA for the docking module, the window gives a nice view of forward, for those without Raster docking cameras.

Okay, the control panel could use a little more stuff, but it's generally working good.

e998d3ae10.jpg

81bd62be8b.jpg

e62f51dda8.jpg

Proud comrade-ette at the helm.

Edited by Beale

Looks good! Take your time.. As long as you're having fun it doesn't matter when releases are.

Yes it does! Why do you think he's making this? As soon as it's done the release will hopefully come out. I can't wait. And don't you think the crew module could stand to have 2 kerbals in it? And couldn't the Cat-5 docking module be a command module?

Looks good! Take your time.. As long as you're having fun it doesn't matter when releases are.

More fun than ever, this latest batch of parts has been.

But shouldn't be long now, even taking my time. All that remains is balance really.

Why do you think he's making this?

On the contrary, it really is just for fun!

I made about 4 different versions of Soyuz just for my own amusement before ever bothering to release.

Of course the feedback from release I think has allowed me to make much higher quality stuff than when I'm just doing it for myself.

Hell, Tantares looked like this just a few months ago:

6a78cf34f4.jpg8e43fdd8c4.jpg

And don't you think the crew module could stand to have 2 kerbals in it? And couldn't the Cat-5 docking module be a command module?

The Cat-5 is a control module now, yeah.

As for the 2 Kerbals in the mid section (I assume?) I think maybe that would be better, or not, I'll play around.

Edited by Beale

Really is just for fun! :) I made about 4 different versions of Soyuz just for my own amusement before ever bothering to release.

Let me be more specific. Why do you think he's releasing this? But off that topic, The Alnair seems pretty finished, I don't know what you have to do with the progress yet(maybe a black alt tex), and are the docking ports finished yet? I saw something about IVAs for them, what does that mean?

Speaking of libra, When is that ever gonna get an update? That poor thing's been neglected.

Edited by Reichtangle