[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Beale & Urist, I'm going create completely new config files for my own install to bring everything up to 1.02 standards, re-balance, fix the mass distribution for pods, heating and heating effects, bug fix things like the TKS cargo bay and Ariane, and etc.

Is it okay if I share my configs in this thread? I do not expect them to become the standard; I'm creating these for my own game, but I figure that others may enjoy them.

PS: I created Tantares' FAR config, TAC config, Kliper configs, and more in the past.

I'd like to see them, if you do make them :-)

Would be interesting to see what you change.

The TKS cargo bay bug that was covered a few pages ago, that seems to have been fixed already, at least on my local copy.

I'll stick up a new version on Kerbal Stuff tonight, with a few of the bug fixes.

hense why suggest pod ablator charing be a mm config so that its still there for those who want it and easily removed for those who don't.

the formula looks good to me :)

Heya, something like this?

Edit: This patch doesn't work for some reason.

Edit Again: Probably because I've accidentally cleared the '[]' brackets.

@PART[Alnair_Crew_A]
{
@MODULEModuleAblator
{
%charMin = 1.0
%charMax = 1.0
}
}

@PART[Alnair_Crew_C]
{
@MODULEModuleAblator
{
%charMin = 1.0
%charMax = 1.0
}
}

@PART[Tantares_Crew_A]
{
@MODULEModuleAblator
{
%charMin = 1.0
%charMax = 1.0
}
}

@PART[Polaris_Crew_A]
{
@MODULEModuleAblator
{
%charMin = 1.0
%charMax = 1.0
}
}

@PART[Almach_Crew_A]
{
@MODULEModuleAblator
{
%charMin = 1.0
%charMax = 1.0
}
}

@PART[Spica_Crew_A]
{
@MODULEModuleAblator
{
%charMin = 1.0
%charMax = 1.0
}
}

Edited by Urist
Results

I downloaded Wings 3D, I've got the day off tomorrow for Memorial Day, so I'll set it up and start attempting to model a halfway decent Titan II for anyone who wants a launcher for Gemini.

Be warned, I will likely require a LOT of help. Wings 3D and Autodesk Inventor are two completely different programs.

I downloaded Wings 3D, I've got the day off tomorrow for Memorial Day, so I'll set it up and start attempting to model a halfway decent Titan II for anyone who wants a launcher for Gemini.

Be warned, I will likely require a LOT of help. Wings 3D and Autodesk Inventor are two completely different programs.

I'm pretty good with that, I'll be in touch if you need help.

Anyway, here is an updated version of Tantares.

• Moved ATV parts to 'largeUnmanned' tech node.
  • Included MM patch to remove charring and ablation effects.
  • Added TKS launch abort tower.

I've cleaned up the module manager patches a bit also - if you still want the charring effect, just delete "_Extra_CharRemoval.cfg".

Moderator Request: Can the [27] in title of the thread be updated to [27.1], and the date updated?

Cheers.

Edited by Urist

Updated the title for you - you can do that yourself, you know :)

Cheers for the prompt update.

Sorry to be picky, but any chance of getting the date in the title changed to today (24/05/2015 in the UK)?

As for updating it myself, though I have Beale's account login details, I've been advised not to use them. Besides, he seems to be checking into the forum in some capacity now (made a post today, last page).

Cheers for the prompt update.

Sorry to be picky, but any chance of getting the date in the title changed to today (24/05/2015 in the UK)?

As for updating it myself, though I have Beale's account login details, I've been advised not to use them. Besides, he seems to be checking into the forum in some capacity now (made a post today, last page).

Sorry, he may haven't noticed you aren't the OP. Still not recommending using Beale's account.

Sorry, he may haven't noticed you aren't the OP. Still not recommending using Beale's account.

Easy mistake to make :-)

Cheers for updating the date.

And, recommendation taken - I'll ask a mod if further updates are needed.

Did something with the Castor change in this update? A bunch of my Satellites just got deleted because Castor_engine_B is missing.

That one isn't my doing, sorry you've lost your satellites...

Looks like the "Castor" parts have been renamed, I checked the version history on the SVN and there was a renamed a couple of weeks ago from Castor_Engine_B -> Castor_LM_Engine.

You can rename that part back to Castor_Engine_B, that would fix things I imagine.

Edited by Urist
Typo

I'm pretty good with that, I'll be in touch if you need help.

Anyway, here is an updated version of Tantares.

• Moved ATV parts to 'largeUnmanned' tech node.
  • Included MM patch to remove charring and ablation effects.
  • Added TKS launch abort tower.

I've cleaned up the module manager patches a bit also - if you still want the charring effect, just delete "_Extra_CharRemoval.cfg".

Moderator Request: Can the [27] in title of the thread be updated to [27.1], and the date updated?

Cheers.

Don't take my offer too seriously yet. I've never tried to model something in Beale's style or anything, so I don't know if I can promise you a complete functional craft. I will try my best, but don't think to yourself "It's ok. Trev's making the Titan II so I don't have to."

If I get it finished, I'm probably going to release it in its own thread anyway, like "Tantares +++" or something similar to that.

If anyone has any advice for me, or some useful sketches or photographs that I might be able to use, I will gladly accept it.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

To anyone have problems with docking, look how it's done IRL. :)

I Really like this video, even sped up significantly, docking is a very slow process.

What's with the creaking? Sounds like an 18th century galleon, or does the interior of the Soyuz actually sound like that?

Don't take my offer too seriously yet. I've never tried to model something in Beale's style or anything, so I don't know if I can promise you a complete functional craft. I will try my best, but don't think to yourself "It's ok. Trev's making the Titan II so I don't have to."

If I get it finished, I'm probably going to release it in its own thread anyway, like "Tantares +++" or something similar to that.

If anyone has any advice for me, or some useful sketches or photographs that I might be able to use, I will gladly accept it.

I've always found this site useful in particular for references.

This experience is giving me the modding itch, that's for sure... I've only made personal stuff in the past.

Edit: Here's a link to all of the configs that I've completed in one folder.

R-7

Proton

Kliper

The R-7 and Proton configs remove the few bugs that people have mentioned, balance the engines, make the fx work, correct for aero, etc.

Edited by CrisK

I've always found this site useful in particular for references.

This experience is giving me the modding itch, that's for sure... I've only made personal stuff in the past.

Thanks for the link. Somehow, the fact that the Titan II was originally developed as an ICBM completely slipped my mind. I'm not sure whether or not I should attempt to make a warhead.

That one isn't my doing, sorry you've lost your satellites...

Looks like the "Castor" parts have been renamed, I checked the version history on the SVN and there was a renamed a couple of weeks ago from Castor_Engine_B -> Castor_LM_Engine.

You can rename that part back to Castor_Engine_B, that would fix things I imagine.

I don't think that is accurate. Even though some of the file names changed the part names in the configs did not. I just checked the the Castor_Engine_B config file name lemEngine.cfg and the part name is still Castor_Engine_B. This is for Tantares 27 via CKAN.

If your changing part names now in the .CFG files I think its a bad idea and will be skipping any updates you are making.

To the OP I would suggest holding at Tanatares 27 until this is sorted out.

Thanks for the link. Somehow, the fact that the Titan II was originally developed as an ICBM completely slipped my mind. I'm not sure whether or not I should attempt to make a warhead.

That has already been done with FASA. It is up to you of course but I don't like anything overtly military in KSP. I realize the Soyuz Rocket is based on the R7 and the Atlas was an ICBM but without the warhead they are just LV's.

My personal view is that war is a flaw of Humanity and there is no need to taint Kerbals with that.

That has already been done with FASA. It is up to you of course but I don't like anything overtly military in KSP. I realize the Soyuz Rocket is based on the R7 and the Atlas was an ICBM but without the warhead they are just LV's.

Make science not war!

Personally, I think FASA looks ugly

Make science not war!

Personally, I think FASA looks ugly

I would disagree, FASA is amazing. It is also not stock alike and parts are quite complicated. The mercury capsule has many more parts than the stock alike equivalent of Bloeting and no reaction wheels. Perfect if you want realism.

I personally like the stock alike simplicity and the ability to use the parts anywhere. But that is just me. Like all KSP mods YMMV.

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/NTP0szQ.png

Anyone else have this? I have no other mods installed besides the two up for download here.

Edit: There are other pieces missing acting the same way. The RCS ports are the most noticeable.

I haven't had that issue, what parts are those RCS and Solars attached to?

CAPELLA Cargo and control block

It seems the part has shrunk. No biggie. Deorbit can fix that.

Mine was doing that and changing the root part solved it. I have tweakscale installed though, not sure if you do.

Mine was doing that and changing the root part solved it. I have tweakscale installed though, not sure if you do.

I had a part that did that. I do not have Tweakscale, however.

4344e15303.png

It fixed itself after reloading the game.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the difference between Tantares and Tantares LV?

LV is the Launch Vehicles pack. Which includes the rockets, rather than just the orbiters.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Here's a link to all of the configs that I've completed in one folder.

R-7

Proton

Kliper

The R-7 and Proton configs remove the few bugs that people have mentioned, balance the engines, make the fx work, correct for aero, etc.

What's this about the Kliper?

- - - Updated - - -

Is the new docking port also going to include a PMA-style adapter to standard 1.25 ports? And maybe a Pirs/Poisk style part?

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3