[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

@Deltac, im not sure what u speak about but for the LK lander u built it in that order: LK capsule crew / LK fueltank / L-858 engine / LK landing frame.

here some blueprint :):

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Oh, now I see it's your part. Excuse me sir, but could you please put a link to something that important into your sig [before someone has to ask for it] from now on? Not all of us have followed this thread from day 1. Thank you.

Edit: I made this post make more sense. KSP can tick me off to where I spend a whole week avoiding it!

Edited by Deltac

Signature up, thx, minepagan :) .

I'm getting a dropbox error with your fixed LK parts. Also, you can edit the title of your own Thread. .90 is so 6 months ago! This was a joke brought to you by Forum Admins not allowing random picture posts.

I got bitten pretty nastily by the resize bug, too. The weird thing is, the parts I used TweakScale on weren't affected at all. Quitting and restarting KSP was no help, so I finally issued a destruct command.

uN2R1Vg.png?1

Congrats, Beale: With your parts, my little cousin managed to build a rocket that could *easily* make it into orbit. Don't know if that is a compliment or not :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I think the tweakscale bug is due to tweakscale, not Tantares. I've seen it happening with some other mods.

Also, I think the tweakscale bug is due to tweakscale, not Tantares. I've seen it happening with some other mods.

That's just it. The affected parts weren't tweaked whatsoever, while other untweaked parts remained normal. And the tweaked parts were fine.

After restarting KSP and relaunching the Spektr module, everything was A-OK.

MdlY3K0.png?1

ETA: Finished docking the last mudule this afternoon. She's done!

5Ev0dBB.png?1

Edited by Jack Wolfe

No, I've been having the same problem with the Capella and Hamal Control pods and i don't use tweakscale

No, I've been having the same problem with the Capella and Hamal Control pods and i don't use tweakscale

Hmmm......by 'Don't use' do you mean you didn't use it on those parts, or do you not even have it installed?

I have a feeling it is the latter......but I'm just checking.

​

Hmmm......by 'Don't use' do you mean you didn't use it on those parts, or do you not even have it installed?

I have a feeling it is the latter......but I'm just checking.

​

its not installed. and it's only two those parts nothing else from other mods

A small step in to talk about the scaling bug.

It's not related to tweakscale, but instead a long-standing bug with the MODEL{} system.

There is a fix (you will notice for example the LK capsule never shrinks, see that config for how the fix works), but I haven't had the time to implement everywhere.

PPTS decoupler.

6af485cbc2.jpg

Alternate Progress core with 0.9375m Top

c00e03b06a.jpg

Afraid I have to ask a dumb question here: I've just set up a new GameData folder to "switch off" with my previous one, and added RealFuels (with stockalike config) and Tantares.

While this combination seems fine for the Pavonis engine, the Pavonis fuel tank only allows "Liquid Fuel/Oxidizer" and "Liquid Hydrogen/Oxidizer", while the Pavonis engine only uses "Kerosene + Liquid Oxygen" or "Ethanol75 + Liquid Oxygen".

The result is a Pavonis that is not going to space, or anywhere for that matter, on account of having an engine and a fuel tank that are incompatible.

Now, obviously (hopefully) I screwed something up. But I'm not savvy enough to be able to identify the "what" very easily. I've tried a search to no avail, so is there anyone kind enough to knock me in the right direction here?

------ Edit ------

Upon further review, this appears to be true for all Tantares fuel tanks, as well as for fuel tanks from some (but not all) other mods, so I suppose whatever I messed up, it wasn't Tantares-specific after all.

Edited by Landwalker

A small step in to talk about the scaling bug.

It's not related to tweakscale, but instead a long-standing bug with the MODEL{} system.

There is a fix (you will notice for example the LK capsule never shrinks, see that config for how the fix works), but I haven't had the time to implement everywhere.

PPTS decoupler.

http://puu.sh/jdy84/6af485cbc2.jpg

Alternate Progress core with 0.9375m Top

http://puu.sh/jdyf7/c00e03b06a.jpg

Nice! Looked up LK capsule's config instantly:

MODEL
{
model = Tantares/Parts/LK/LK_Crew_A
scale = 1.25, 1.25, 1.25
}

BTW, liking the thick-necked Progress. :)

It's... It's beautiful!
I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT!

Ummm.....I thought it first? Yeah! totally!

Looking nice, Beale!

Thanks! :)

Hey everyone! I wanted to share some pictures from my latest Kerbaling:

http://imgur.com/a/PYuoF

Afraid I have to ask a dumb question here: I've just set up a new GameData folder to "switch off" with my previous one, and added RealFuels (with stockalike config) and Tantares.

While this combination seems fine for the Pavonis engine, the Pavonis fuel tank only allows "Liquid Fuel/Oxidizer" and "Liquid Hydrogen/Oxidizer", while the Pavonis engine only uses "Kerosene + Liquid Oxygen" or "Ethanol75 + Liquid Oxygen".

The result is a Pavonis that is not going to space, or anywhere for that matter, on account of having an engine and a fuel tank that are incompatible.

Now, obviously (hopefully) I screwed something up. But I'm not savvy enough to be able to identify the "what" very easily. I've tried a search to no avail, so is there anyone kind enough to knock me in the right direction here?

The configs might be out of date, I will download RO when I have an time and take a look :)

Nice! Looked up LK capsule's config instantly:
MODEL
{
model = Tantares/Parts/LK/LK_Crew_A
scale = 1.25, 1.25, 1.25
}

BTW' date=' liking the thick-necked Progress. :)[/quote']

As well as the scale = 1.25 in the model node, you also need.

• rescaleFactor = 1.0
  • Node positions multiply them by 1.25

That is the complete fix for any person who needs to fix urgently :)

120e2d5a58.jpg

Does it look familiar?

90b7ea9d4d.jpg

FL-T200_Fuel_Tank_Transparent.png

With a bump map? Not sure.

0e098dd300.jpg

Edited by Beale

Wow, glad to see you back, Beale! Maybe you will like new KSS I am going to use as a training ground for Duna landing :3

It has a Soyuz, Tantares, CARV (Mk1-2 on your ATV service module) and Tundra Exploration Dragon V2 as crew ships. And also the ATV you can see is docked forever as an additional European laboratory. :3

7D1CS_8JCZk.jpg

QD9wdWZekes.jpg

LkMVhYIthEw.jpg

a9eZmZJ_rbg.jpg

I've been trying to set up my antenna range config for this mod, however I can't quite work out the name correlations between the antennae and their config names (like the ones available in the remotetech config). What I mean to ask is, could I have a list of something like "The L-HG1 is named Vega_Antenna_C" please? I'd love it.