[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

15 hours ago, Joeybafoey said:

A link to my N1-L3 craft file page:

Great!

From @curtquarquesso (He made these a long time ago, but has taken me so long to get around to :wink: )

ATV Panels.

25ee4a8223.jpg
15f59d05e5.jpg

I do not wish to go into great detail, but obviously events in the UK today may impact what happens to Tantares in the near future (as well as my life in general).
Here is to waiting on a result of the vote :) 

Edited by Beale

1 minute ago, Beale said:

Great!

From @curtquarquesso (He made these a long time ago, but has taken me so long to get around to :wink: )

ATV Panels.

25ee4a8223.jpg

I do not wish to go into great detail, but obviously events in the UK today may impact what happens to Tantares in the near future (as well as my life in general).
Here is to waiting on a result of the vote :) 

So, are you Brexit a Bristay?

9 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

So, are you Brexit a Bristay?

The forum here is no place for politics, but I would lose the right to live and work in the UK on exit (Probably, but the situation is complicated).  
In other words, modding hobby would take a priority at the bottom of a big pile.

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

The forum here is no place for politics, but I would lose the right to live and work in the UK on exit (Probably, but the situation is complicated).  
In other words, modding hobby would take a priority at the bottom of a big pile.

Indeed. it is no place for politics (nor was I hoping to start anything of the likes). Whatever the outcome, all the best to you.

Are there up-to-date CLS configs for this floating around somewhere? If there's one's for others too would be good to know, but CLS is the main one I think!

P.S. Great work as always, and good luck re the referendum (I voted remain also)!

EDIT: Oops, I'm an idiot - didn't read the spoilers. Ignore me! :)

EDIT2: BTW, the Station Science/TAC and Tweakscale config links just send you straight back to the main Tantares thread!

Edited by baldamundo

4 hours ago, Danny88 said:

Good luck to you Beale, no matter what happens.

Thanks for the kind words!
(Actually I am becoming very nervous viewing the results live)

3 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

2hnDCma.png

Wow!

It's very beautiful :) 

I think the Vostok itself needs a revamp. 

2 hours ago, baldamundo said:

EDIT2: BTW, the Station Science/TAC and Tweakscale config links just send you straight back to the main Tantares thread!

Whoops! I will remove them.

Unfortunately some mod support has fallen out of date over many versions. It is one of the parts of the mod that I have not had the ability to keep up to date (I have relied mostly on the very kind and appreciated work of others). 

11 hours ago, Beale said:

(Actually I am becoming very nervous viewing the results live)

Keeping a good thought for you, mate. Frankly, I'm shocked by what I'm seeing. Fingers crossed that reason will prevail.

Glad you liked the picture. I decided to start things all over again with 1.1.3, and my first manned flight is always your Vostok. 

EDIT: That outcome was completely unexpected. As the French would say, "Merde!" 

Edited by Jack Wolfe

@Beale I'm really sorry for you (fellow italian) and all those who work and live in Great Britain. Clearly Tantares it's a great mod but nothing compared to the life of a person. At least you have some couple years to organize yourself in a different manner, because negotiations will take some really long time

8 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

We'll roll this wee beastie out tomorrow. I finally got the LOK RCS balanced out, too! Full redesigns can pay off.

NDWVc0b.png?1

I wish that either stock fairings didn't have a texture that makes me want to kill myself or that procedural fairings had a similar way to customize them as the stock one.

10 hours ago, Joeybafoey said:

I wish that either stock fairings didn't have a texture that makes me want to kill myself or that procedural fairings had a similar way to customize them as the stock one.

I can honestly say that a fairing texture has never caused me that much aggravation. A little perspective, mate. It's just a game.

1 hour ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I can honestly say that a fairing texture has never caused me that much aggravation. A little perspective, mate. It's just a game.

Well duh, I'm only joking. I only find the stock textures moderately dissatisfying. Yet, still enough that I haven't used one since I discovered Procedural Fairings.

It's really hard to strike a balance, I know. Procedural fairings are great, but I'd love to have the luxury of being able to rough out a fairing, then tune it a la e-dog's interface.

Descent burn...
Ikluxu6.png?1

And landing. A bit closer to that whacking big boulder than I'd like, but nothing I can't handle.
0cEEtjg.png?1

@Joeybafoey, I'll have to look it up about the grid fins. I think they're from Contares, with some TweakScale magic sprinkled in. But do they ever work a treat!

Regarding the 7K-LOK: I went over about a dozen renderings before deciding on this version. That includes throwing out unfeasible RCS configurations and coming up with my own. She's balanced within a gnat's naughty bits, and I'm quite proud of that fact. Extraordinarily stingy about monopropellant use. She's powered by two radioisotope thermoelectric generators, but a future version may opt for solar panels. And the flag is copyrighted.

SfkszR9.png?1

Edited by Jack Wolfe

On 6/24/2016 at 3:26 AM, Jack Wolfe said:

Keeping a good thought for you, mate. Frankly, I'm shocked by what I'm seeing. Fingers crossed that reason will prevail.

EDIT: That outcome was completely unexpected. As the French would say, "Merde!" 

On 6/24/2016 at 8:56 AM, trooperMNG said:

@Beale I'm really sorry for you (fellow italian) and all those who work and live in Great Britain. Clearly Tantares it's a great mod but nothing compared to the life of a person. At least you have some couple years to organize yourself in a different manner, because negotiations will take some really long time

On 6/24/2016 at 1:34 PM, Joeybafoey said:

@Beale, I really hope everything turns out in your favor. Best of luck!

The result is... not good (for myself and family at least). We will watch how things develop.

Happily @trooperMNG is right, and there is time to organize.

20 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Descent burn...
Ikluxu6.png?1

And landing. A bit closer to that whacking big boulder than I'd like, but nothing I can't handle.
0cEEtjg.png?1

@Joeybafoey, I'll have to look it up about the grid fins. I think they're from Contares, with some TweakScale magic sprinkled in. But do they ever work a treat!

Regarding the 7K-LOK: I went over about a dozen renderings before deciding on this version. That includes throwing out unfeasible RCS configurations and coming up with my own. She's balanced within a gnat's naughty bits, and I'm quite proud of that fact. Extraordinarily stingy about monopropellant use. She's powered by two radioisotope thermoelectric generators, but a future version may opt for solar panels. And the flag is copyrighted.

SfkszR9.png?1

Wow!

Great craft, I love it! :) 

Aside from the impending doom, some happy news - 

ATV

They look to be suffering from a bug, but look pretty!

26ad640921.jpg
4b706c3944.jpg
c34beaff4e.jpg

Edited by Beale

15 hours ago, Beale said:

ATV

They look to be suffering from a bug, but look pretty!

I'm not sure but this bug may have nothing to do with the ATV parts because since 1.1.3 update came out I have exactly the same bug with the stock solar panels so I wouldn't worry much about this...

6 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

I'm not sure but this bug may have nothing to do with the ATV parts because since 1.1.3 update came out I have exactly the same bug with the stock solar panels so I wouldn't worry much about this...

Fixed :) 

It was a bad named transform transform.