[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

56 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

More flying, more testing. Found 1 false alarm (the RCS engines on LOK's SM do work, actually) and 1 more bug (the fuel cell in said SM uses no monoprop, but does generate electricity). Other than that.

ryr2SJF.jpg

Nice mission! The green LOK really is the icing on the cake :) 

Re: the fuel cell bug, it should not use Monoprop, but burn the LFO instead?

Github

Kind of a "pre-release" version, let me know of any issues you may find.

craft file for below:

z6cBN32.png

Edited by Beale

16 hours ago, Oectacan said:

Hi. I`m found some small bug in solar panels config.
T-RYD solar panels TechRequire is set to "Electrical", but there is no such category in default TechTree.

Thanks! Fixed, and just in time for:

Tantares 8.0

I hope you all enjoy this, please let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions.

x0egQCR.png
XiLeKzz.png

- Large refresh of Soyuz art assets and re-balance.
    - Refresh of Pirs/Poisk art assets.
    - New IVAs replacing previous 'placeholder' IVAs.
    - New two-seater Soyuz 7K-T / Soyuz 7K-LOK ferry capsule.
    - New 'retro' Soyuz service module, running on Monopropellant.
    - New linear thruster block.
    - New Soyuz 7K-LOK docking port and orientation thruster.
    - Multiple bug-fixes.

OpczdIz.png

59 minutes ago, hraban said:

We need not new, that is what i want to say.

ah, then can I request making the pedals on yours fold in for safe and secure storage during ascent?  (Unless they already do and I broke something >.>)

10 minutes ago, Deltac said:

ah, then can I request making the pedals on yours fold in for safe and secure storage during ascent?  (Unless they already do and I broke something >.>)

Sorry, but the pedals of APAS 75 cant move inwards. As with all applications of this port, it was always housed under a protective fairing or in the cargo bay of the space shuttle during take-off.

5 minutes ago, hraban said:

Sorry, but the pedals of APAS 75 cant move inwards. As with all applications of this port, it was always housed under a protective fairing or in the cargo bay of the space shuttle during take-off.

Well there I go again, not having the correct info, thanks Hraban!

30 minutes ago, hraban said:

Beale, Please try it with these values

RGB 89/159/151 
HTML #599F97 settings.

Weeks ago, I did a color analysis of this green tone and that was the best mean I could determine.

Thank you

Aha!

That is so strange, almost exactly (1 or 2 digits off) the colour used for the above colour :D 

26 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

1511736900-thing.png

But this is only a prelude to the true beauty recolour Negative-Soyuz

nXGegcD.png 

Spoiler

ZdBdC6U.png

Edited by Beale

20 hours ago, Beale said:

Tantares 8.0

I hope you all enjoy this, please let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions.

OpczdIz.png

That silly phrase 'bout something "can't get any better" should be forgotten, because with Beale it always can.
Congrats on 8.0 release of the geatest KSP mod (IMHO :P)

About suggestions - I do have a small one.
The original LOK was made using chemical batteries instead of solar panels, so a Tantares replica of one will be either short-living on battery power or spoiled with small solar panels. Maybe try adding a small RTG into LOK's SM with power output enough or nealy enough to maintain the ship (LOK only) powered? This second way can emulate depletable chemical batteries without ruining balance, I think.

Edited by Legcutter

5 hours ago, Legcutter said:

The original LOK was made using chemical batteries instead of solar panels, so a Tantares replica of one will be either short-living on battery power or spoiled with small solar panels.

Actually, no, it won't. If you right click LOK's service module, you'll see it comes equipped with a fuel cell (also, at the top of this page you can see my misunderstanding of how this fuel cell works - and Beale's explanation of how it actually works). And with a really forgiving consumption rate, taken straight from the stock one. Haven't tried it myself yet, but LOK's own fuel, if used for power generation only, might keep the batteries alive all the way to Duna and back, so that, perhaps, needs some balancing.

Edited by TK-313

4 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Actually, no, it won't. If you right click LOK's service module, you'll see it comes equipped with a fuel cell (also, at the top of this page you can see my misunderstanding of how this fuel cell works - and Beale's explanation of how it actually works). And with a really forgiving consumption rate, taken straight from the stock one. Haven't tried it myself yet, but LOK's own fuel, if used for power generation only, might keep the batteries alive all the way to Duna and back, so that, perhaps, needs some balancing.

Wow. That one I've missed, thanks for the info

21 hours ago, kopapaka said:

Videos

I love the orbital craft, and we launch the Soyuz the same way! :D 

5 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Spying...

1511804511-20171127011937-1.jpg

When I am finished laughing at Negative Soyuz....
So cool! Almaz conducting peaceful civilian research.

40 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

FYI , the RCS on the new lok docking cap doesn't seem to be working

Thanks!

I have uploaded a fixed version now.