[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Last night, I re-watched Gravity with friends and I saw the ATV docked to the ISS and got excited when I knew what it was. I only know what it is because of this amazing mod. The new stuff you're doing looks great by the way, keep up the good work!

Great! Thanks for the fast answer.

It is a kind offer! For the time being I'm not sure what else parts could have text applied.

The only thing for the current parts, "Access Port" is "ßþрт ôþÑÂтуÿð" ?

I'm using Google translate, it is like a return to the dark days of learning English...

"ßþрт" means something like "Portal", I'd suggest something like "áûуöõñýыù þтÑÂõú", which basically means "Service block", as generic writings are not common on Russian technique, usually it's written what is behind the hatch, like on this photo:

"ßðýõûь óøôрþðóрõóðтþò" -- "Hydraulics panel"

"ÃœðÑÂÃȄÂýыù фøûьтр" -- "Oil filter"

"×ðÿрðòþчýðѠÿðýõûь" -- "Refuel panel"

"æõýтрþñõöýыù ÑÂуфûõр" -- [this is hard to translate!] "centrifugal breather"

"ÃÂóрõóðты ôòøóðтõÃȄÂ" -- "Engine machines"

"ßß щуÿð" -- "ßрøñþрýðѠÿðýõûь щуÿð" -- "Probe [the one that measures, not the satellite synonym :)] control panel".

%D0%A2%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%82%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B0-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%81-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%8B-1387448996_50.jpg

Probably. it may be worth putting some warning signs like: "ÞÑÂтþрþöýþ!" [Warning!], "ÃÂõ òûõ÷ðù - уñьёт!" [this one is mostly used as a joke form of warning of high voltage, form an old Soviet poster, means "Don't put your hands inside, or it kills you!"] or "Òýøüðýøõ, þÿðÑÂýþÑÂÑ‚ÑŒ!" [Attention, danger/hazard!]

Last night, I re-watched Gravity with friends and I saw the ATV docked to the ISS and got excited when I knew what it was. I only know what it is because of this amazing mod. The new stuff you're doing looks great by the way, keep up the good work!

Hah! That's really nice to hear. Glad I have provided some "education" :D

"ßþрт" means something like "Portal", I'd suggest something like "áûуöõñýыù þтÑÂõú", which basically means "Service block", as generic writings are not common on Russian technique, usually it's written what is behind the hatch, like on this photo:

"ßðýõûь óøôрþðóрõóðтþò" -- "Hydraulics panel"

"ÃœðÑÂÃȄÂýыù фøûьтр" -- "Oil filter"

"×ðÿрðòþчýðѠÿðýõûь" -- "Refuel panel"

"æõýтрþñõöýыù ÑÂуфûõр" -- [this is hard to translate!] "centrifugal breather"

"ÃÂóрõóðты ôòøóðтõÃȄÂ" -- "Engine machines"

"ßß щуÿð" -- "ßрøñþрýðѠÿðýõûь щуÿð" -- "Probe [the one that measures, not the satellite synonym :)] control panel".

http://www.torange.ru/photo/26/13/%D0%A2%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%82%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B0-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%81-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%8B-1387448996_50.jpg

Probably. it may be worth putting some warning signs like: "ÞÑÂтþрþöýþ!" [Warning!], "ÃÂõ òûõ÷ðù - уñьёт!" [this one is mostly used as a joke form of warning of high voltage, form an old Soviet poster, means "Don't put your hands inside, or it kills you!"] or "Òýøüðýøõ, þÿðÑÂýþÑÂÑ‚ÑŒ!" [Attention, danger/hazard!]

Great stuff! Saved for future reference.

No reful. Mun land and 800 m/s DELTA V... No return, only Mun orbit :(

SSTO refuel test :sticktongue:

http://img98.rajce.idnes.cz/d9802/10/10447/10447390_7baedd9cfb1ead1a3fc4c0161e06b526/images/screenshot58.jpg?ver=0

That's still impressive :)

I like the refeuler setup, I have done similar in the past...

The final piece of the puzzle...

Features an orange stripe + lights.

3dbaa40f7d.jpg0149fcdaa4.jpg

1e3adeb32f.jpg24cd3941f2.jpg17074bd47d.jpg

074377bfcf.jpg

Lot of leftover space on the new UV maps, I'll have to find a use for it...

85acebf727.jpg

Edited by Beale

Lot of leftover space on the new UV maps, I'll have to find a use for it...

http://puu.sh/cIJMV/85acebf727.jpg

UV map sharing between parts ! Reduce the overall number of textures to load even faster (even if it's mostly irrevelent when using DDS loader, but eh, not everybody does that). And a small advice to further reduce the size of the UV maps : look at the hatch, it's the same over some modules, you could make it a separate model, and use the MODEL {} system in the cfg files, with would reduce the size of the models and the number of loaded models (as this hatch could be used by all the Vega and the TKS models).

I don't imply that Tantares needs an optimization pass, but thinking about the future, you could squeeze even moar parts in the pack without impacting performance.

UV map sharing between parts ! Reduce the overall number of textures to load even faster (even if it's mostly irrevelent when using DDS loader, but eh, not everybody does that). And a small advice to further reduce the size of the UV maps : look at the hatch, it's the same over some modules, you could make it a separate model, and use the MODEL {} system in the cfg files, with would reduce the size of the models and the number of loaded models (as this hatch could be used by all the Vega and the TKS models).

I don't imply that Tantares needs an optimization pass, but thinking about the future, you could squeeze even moar parts in the pack without impacting performance.

Good points.

I may be able to cram the Vega engine texture into the leftover space of the Vega_Crew_C module texture map.

About that hatches: I thought this too, but, actually because of the deformation of each hatch (To match the curve of the cylinder it is placed on) they all have fairly different UV shapes. So it isn't so easy to re-use that.

The UV map of the second module, also: is ideal for a small part.

b89cdfe54b.jpg

I am mainly thinking of a small engine (Like on the rear of Salyut 6/7 and Zvezda).

I'd suggest it to be a 2.5 to 1.25 adapter, as it would be nice to have a docking port on the back of the engine. :)

Hmmm, possible.

I am also thinking just a very small surface-attach part, so you can still place something underneath the crew module.

Also, some other changes.

Cygnus parts changed, foil is closer to stock.

RCS port is now more similar to FOBOS.

33b1ca25a2.jpg

d781c79dc9.jpg

That's it, I began playing with RSS, but with 1/10 scaled solar system. First Tantares flight was totally successfull, Jeb alone departed from Baikonur, achieved a 160 km orbit, made an inclination change to land on Russian territory and survived the Deadly Reentry effects! Except for Trajectories mod failed me, because it can't work nice with both FAR and 130km RSS atmosphere and I landed near Krasnoyarsk instead of Bratsk (I just don't like Krasnoyarsk, bad things happen there :)).

XEo7SADPTzw.jpg

nhr8V90r2NQ.jpg

4nl9OlLCfPc.jpg

n-j_Q6wn1Zc.jpg

Hello everyone!

I think you know about soviet program "Zond" wich included manned Lunar flyby on the board of "Soyuz 7K-L1" space ship. The launch vehicle for this mission was "Proton".

Here is not full, but pretty good replica (In my opinion). And I have no idea how to use imgur in this forum.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by SnowWhite

Hello everyone!

I think you know about soviet program "Zond" wich included manned Lunar flyby on the board of "Soyuz 7K-L1" space ship. The launch vehicle for this mission was "Proton".

Here is not full, but pretty good replica (In my opinion). And I have no idea how to use imgur in this forum.

http://imgur.com/a/OftXt#5

That Block-D is cool! And to about IMGUR, just use the tag [ imgur] album_adress_last_symbols [ /imgur]

Thanks! :)

It is a nice design, but when I try to recreate it, it fails at deadly re-entry.

That's it, I began playing with RSS, but with 1/10 scaled solar system. First Tantares flight was totally successfull, Jeb alone departed from Baikonur, achieved a 160 km orbit, made an inclination change to land on Russian territory and survived the Deadly Reentry effects! Except for Trajectories mod failed me, because it can't work nice with both FAR and 130km RSS atmosphere and I landed near Krasnoyarsk instead of Bratsk (I just don't like Krasnoyarsk, bad things happen there :)).

http://cs618216.vk.me/v618216511/1afc2/XEo7SADPTzw.jpg

http://cs618216.vk.me/v618216511/1afcc/nhr8V90r2NQ.jpg

http://cs618216.vk.me/v618216511/1afe0/4nl9OlLCfPc.jpg

http://cs618216.vk.me/v618216511/1afea/n-j_Q6wn1Zc.jpg

Cool to see it launch from the "real" Baikonur :)

I think I will have more interest in RSS when Kopernicus is done, then we can have the rest of the Solay system (I dearly want to pull off a manned Triton landing).

Hello everyone!

http://imgur.com/a/OftXt

Nice Zond! I've done it dozens of times, but you've outclassed me here with attention to detail :D

It is nice also, that you have done a "skip" re-entry?

Cygnus looks a little different.

2229eb6a96.jpg

6e66c5443c.jpg

In the spirit of texture sharing, all is contained on one file.

788f632c32.jpg

I like the new Cygnus!

will we ever get a chineese OM?

Thanks!

Shenzou OM: Sometime, probably.

But I do not know what style it will have.

And totally not trying to push, but what's with Semyorka? (And sorry if I missed anything on this topic, no good connection last days)

Still deciding on what it will look like. But, all assets are modeled!

Probably, grey + orange.

Cygnus looks a little different.

http://puu.sh/cJRmN/2229eb6a96.jpg

http://puu.sh/cJRnB/6e66c5443c.jpg

In the spirit of texture sharing, all is contained on one file.

http://puu.sh/cJRr4/788f632c32.jpg

The new Cygnus looks great, and the texture sharing makes it even sexier ! Less textures, meaning that even if Tantares is becomes a larger pack, the performance impact will be minimal, way to go !

Shenzou OM: Sometime, probably.

But I do not know what style it will have.

As the Shenzhou OM was designed for autonomous operations, it could fill a new niche, leaving it in orbit as a small building brick for a space station early in the techtree, as a lifeboat or whatever. The Tantares spacecraft could be more modular that way. And another little thing I'm anticipating, a LES for the TKS/VA (as I've got an idea on how to integrate it with Procedural Fairings to make sweet-sweet fairings for it).

I don't think I need to say it, but I'm highly anticipating the next release :sticktongue:, if you need any help on the integration, just drop me a PM, I'll work it out as fast as I can !

Perhaps i'm obtuse, but what decoupler do you guys use for your proton rocket(s)? I use the stock rockomax currently, but it does look a bit out of place. Am I just missing an intended one? Thanks!

I noticed while rigging this mod up to use the antenna range mod that the vostok soyuz and salyut antennas all have physics enabled (unlike stock antennas) is this intentional or an oversight?

It actually is an oversight, thanks for pointing this out :)

And another little thing I'm anticipating, a LES for the TKS/VA (as I've got an idea on how to integrate it with Procedural Fairings to make sweet-sweet fairings for it).

if you need any help on the integration, just drop me a PM, I'll work it out as fast as I can !

Niemand303 has created some nice LES for the mod, but I have unfortunately not got around to rigging them up for the game yet. So yeah somewhat soon, hopefully :)

It is a very nice offer, but, I am not so sure what I can ask for help on at the moment :blush: I still have been quite sapped for time and unable to give the Eagleshift configs a proper read through.

That even nicer than what I was thinking. I was just imagining a 1.25 tube with enough room for a table/chair and a bed. That would be an actual room. And the contracts would be a bonus, a whole new goal to play towards and expand into.

It's an interesting concept for sure. I can't quite guarantee I can get something like that working, though :wink:

Perhaps i'm obtuse, but what decoupler do you guys use for your proton rocket(s)? I use the stock rockomax currently, but it does look a bit out of place. Am I just missing an intended one? Thanks!

Personally, the 2.5m separator. It is strong enough, but also quite thin.

Thanks to Hamal, I can have a Molniya satellite. :)

http://cs618531.vk.me/v618531511/253f6/mUsAx7dYYOo.jpg

That's awesome!

I see some robotic actuators there also! I imagine it looks cool folding out.

If you are remote tech user, there's no better alternative for Molniyas, you will seriously wonder why you ever went to the hassle of geostationary when Molniyas can guarantee 99% uptime with about 10% of the setup difficulty of geostationary.

aa2395ee7f.jpg

As I have no news, enjoy some hot base-on-Minmus action.

70ae9bfe8e.jpg

8c40f4ea74.jpg

9cf8a66ee5.jpg