[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

I had no idea about the VC-1 rotation bug, I'll check it out.

About the emissive texture, it was an oversight and will be included next release.

Some more Kvant stuff...

It's nice to hear that Farshot will get emissive texture! And great work on Kvant IVA.

Ok, I took a closer look at V-C1 IVA and it is more than rotated by 90 degrees. Some screenshots:

xB5RAAg.jpg7u7HtyS.jpgX6JRTsD.jpg

As you can see, through the window which is visible on left picture you should not be able to see any buildings. Despite of that, when you "sit" in place of kerbal which is under the second window (notice that hatch is on the right) you can see VAB. So it's not only 90 degrees but also 180 around up-down axis. :)

It's nice to hear that Farshot will get emissive texture! And great work on Kvant IVA.

Ok, I took a closer look at V-C1 IVA and it is more than rotated by 90 degrees. Some screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/xB5RAAg.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/7u7HtyS.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/X6JRTsD.jpg

As you can see, through the window which is visible on left picture you should not be able to see any buildings. Despite of that, when you "sit" in place of kerbal which is under the second window (notice that hatch is on the right) you can see VAB. So it's not only 90 degrees but also 180 around up-down axis. :)

Aha!

Nice investigation work, I would never notice that.

I think I know the issue now.

Will fix for next release :)

Nice! Is it Duna capable I wonder?

Status on Progress (no not that one)

Aside from Kvant and other Mir parts, I'm going to hold off any further development until 0.25 is released.

I hope to release a small update in the meantime with Kvant IVA, Priorda Dish(Maybe) and new colour schemes.

Why?

Because as I understand it, 0.25 is going to see upwards of 80 stock parts get a makeover. Slightly changing what "Stock" is.

Obviously for a Stockalike mod, this is a big thing.

Hope people understand :)

Progress in Green

http://puu.sh/bz33J/e0a2c81eb7.jpg

Kvant IVA

http://puu.sh/bzaEA/abcb9b71eb.jpg

I quite like the stock one :sealed:

Actually they're both really good (maybe I'm a bit biased :wink: )

Yeah, work on the kvant iva and priroda dish (and kvant dish please) and stand for 0.25 update.

And thank for the mir:). The tantares is good because it's not laggy as the stock mir.

And one last question - flag on the left side of Capella is supposed to be upside down?

Sort of.

I mean, it is how the real ATV is, so I'll keep it that way for now.

I agree, it can look a bit weird.

atv.png

And thank for the mir:). The tantares is good because it's not laggy as the stock mir.

Thanks, low part count should always help! :)

Status on Progress (no not that one)

Aside from Kvant and other Mir parts, I'm going to hold off any further development until 0.25 is released.

I hope to release a small update in the meantime with Kvant IVA, Priorda Dish(Maybe) and new colour schemes.

Why?

Because as I understand it, 0.25 is going to see upwards of 80 stock parts get a makeover. Slightly changing what "Stock" is.

Obviously for a Stockalike mod, this is a big thing.

Hope people understand :)

Progress in Green

http://puu.sh/bz33J/e0a2c81eb7.jpg

Kvant IVA

http://puu.sh/bzaEA/abcb9b71eb.jpg

I quite like the stock one :sealed:

Actually they're both really good (maybe I'm a bit biased :wink: )

As usual, looking gorgeous! And as usual, I find myself wishing we had as good looking a launch vehicle for Soyuz and Progress....but I'm a broken record!

Not sure if you've addressed this, but have you given Progress some cargo capacity, or is it just a cosmetic difference (an unmanned Soyuz). There's not much in the way of small cargo in KSP, though the most obvious is to convert it into a limited fuel tanker.

As usual, looking gorgeous! And as usual, I find myself wishing we had as good looking a launch vehicle for Soyuz and Progress....but I'm a broken record!

Not sure if you've addressed this, but have you given Progress some cargo capacity, or is it just a cosmetic difference (an unmanned Soyuz). There's not much in the way of small cargo in KSP, though the most obvious is to convert it into a limited fuel tanker.

The launch vehicles are coming :) slowly haha.

I only plan two for the time being and have begun modelling them properly (nothing good to show yet, though). They are creatively named:

TLV - Tantares Launch vehicle / Soyuz clone, 1.25m.

ALV - Alnair Launch vehicles / Proton clone, 3.75m (or maybe 2.5m).

The main reason they are held up is I plan to use stock textures (SXT style) and with the mentioned art pass coming soon to Stock, any work done could be undone.

For the Progress, it has several options for Cargo, depending on what mods you have.

• Stock - Can carry small amount of LF/O and MonoPropellant (As you said, pretty limited fuel tanker!)
  • KAS - Storage Space
  • TAC - Life support supplies
  • DangIt - Spare parts
  • Snacks - Erm, snacks.

A little more Kvant stuff

I'm always watching you

93ab31cbd1.jpg

Bow Cica Wow Wow

1b43cc344b.jpg

Edited by Beale

I only plan two for the time being and have begun modelling them properly (nothing good to show yet, though). They are creatively named:

The main reason they are held up is I plan to use stock textures (SXT style) and with the mentioned art pass coming soon to Stock, any work done could be undone.

For the Progress, it has several options for Cargo, depending on what mods you have.

• Stock - Can carry small amount of LF/O and MonoPropellant (As you said, pretty limited fuel tanker!)
  • KAS - Storage Space
  • DangIt - Spare parts
  • Snacks - Erm, snacks.

A little more Kvant stuff

I'm always watching you

http://puu.sh/bzjTB/93ab31cbd1.jpg

Bow Cica Wow Wow

http://puu.sh/bzjWA/1b43cc344b.jpg

yay! moar rockets!

also the Smooth Jazz compartment reminds me of this:

" This next test is very dangerous. To help you remain tranquil in the face of almost certain death, smooth jazz will be deployed in: 3,2,1.
Edited by gooddog15

Beale for the Proton clone, i would go for a 2.5m diameter. the widest part of the TKS (the cone thingy at the dockingport end) was the same diameter as the Proton, same for Salyut and MIR modules widest part = Proton diameter

edit: picture of the fairings of the TKS-based payloads for the Proton. there you can see the diamter thingy i mean

TKS-fair.JPG

next edit.

early Protons as example:

Early_Proton-K_rocket_versions.jpg

Edited by Darth Lazarus

I think 2.5m will be awesome! 3.75m can be used for even heavier rockets (like Energia/Vulkan/Uragan or UR-700). And I think when it will be done, my Block D will be rescaled to 1.875 meters to fit better your Proton. :)

I'm always watching you

Bow Cica Wow Wow

Gotcha! And that geckos, is this an allusion to the Photon-M satellite? :D

Beale I downloaded the latest and noticed you hadn't yet added an extra attach node on the bottom of the ATV engine, as you had announced before you'd do. Just a friendly reminder so that you won't forget :D

I also noticed that a lot of your engines don't show fuel gauges when activated. No doubt a result of your copying the cfg code from similar stock engines as a base to work on. It's annoying not knowing what the fuel level is. To fix that, just add DrawGauge = true in the section that defines the fuel. For liquid and oxidizer, liquid is the only one that needs it gauge drawn.

Beale for the Proton clone, i would go for a 2.5m diameter. the widest part of the TKS (the cone thingy at the dockingport end) was the same diameter as the Proton, same for Salyut and MIR modules widest part = Proton diameter

edit: picture of the fairings of the TKS-based payloads for the Proton. there you can see the diamter thingy i mean

http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets_1/East_Europe_2/Proton/Fairings/TKS-fair.JPG

next edit.

early Protons as example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Early_Proton-K_rocket_versions.jpg

That fairing diagram is very helpful, thanks!

the kvant IVA is looking good!

I watch you in your sleep

Thanks! Not on the watching, that's creepy.

I think 2.5m will be awesome! 3.75m can be used for even heavier rockets (like Energia/Vulkan/Uragan or UR-700). And I think when it will be done, my Block D will be rescaled to 1.875 meters to fit better your Proton. :)

Sweet! I think maybe 2.5m is the way to go then :) .

Beale I downloaded the latest and noticed you hadn't yet added an extra attach node on the bottom of the ATV engine, as you had announced before you'd do. Just a friendly reminder so that you won't forget :D

I also noticed that a lot of your engines don't show fuel gauges when activated. No doubt a result of your copying the cfg code from similar stock engines as a base to work on. It's annoying not knowing what the fuel level is. To fix that, just add DrawGauge = true in the section that defines the fuel. For liquid and oxidizer, liquid is the only one that needs it gauge drawn.

Thanks for the feedback.

I hadn't noticed the fuel gauges, will be sure to add them!

As for the ATV tunnel, that is done too.

Gotcha! And that geckos, is this an allusion to the Photon-M satellite? :D

We have a winner!

This is where the smooth jazz comes into play :sticktongue:

Will future versions include a custom ... gecko experiment?

Eve:

"The purple light causes the geckos to become extremely funky."

Jool:

"The geckos consider the high gravity a challenge."

Minmus:

"The are engaged in a variety of fascinating acrobatics."

Duna:

"The geckos say it's too dusty for this experiment."

Will future versions include a custom ... gecko experiment?

Eve:

"The purple light causes the geckos to become extremely funky."

Jool:

"The geckos consider the high gravity a challenge."

Minmus:

"The are engaged in a variety of fascinating acrobatics."

Duna:

"The geckos say it's too dusty for this experiment."

Hehe, I'm now very tempted!

ATV Rear Tunnel.

So they can now be daisy-chained.

Eh, might want to break out the struts though, once connected.

afa6aecef9.jpg

f776dfd15e.jpg

What do people think of this? It has some use, but in my opinion, ruins the look of the engine a bit (And I'm not really for multiple parts alternative)

Edited by Beale

• KAS - Storage Space
  • DangIt - Spare parts
  • Snacks - Erm, snacks.

Very nice on all counts!

If I may offer a suggestion--it's easily modable in a config file, but perhaps IFI for those of us who use the lazy man's life support mod. I could definitely see Progress being used to keep Kerbal Salyut or anything else livable for the long term.

I kind of like the docking port on the back, but I don't see a need for connecting more than 3. I'm sure other people would find great uses for an engine with a docking port on it. You can never know what this community will come up with.

:DYes, yes, yes...:cool:

Another Mun mission...

screenshot34.jpg?ver=0

ATV Rear Tunnel.

So they can now be daisy-chained.

What do people think of this? It has some use, but in my opinion, ruins the look of the engine a bit (And I'm not really for multiple parts alternative)

I think it can be useful, and the engine look good also with the docking port.

Not a fan of the ability to daisy chain ATVs. You should never need to if you've planned your space station out properly.

Edit: That Kvant IVA photo of your profile picture cracked me up. Bravo, sir.

Edited by Bomoo