Do you believe in the existence of highly advanced ancient Earth civilization before?

Isn't there still the possibility that we'll end up sitting ducks during the transition while the sun continually spits at us?

Yeah people always think that someone will snip and the poles will flip. Nobody thinks about that this process may last hours, days, weeks? Who knows.

Must be very funny to feel like in a microwave oven.

Isn't there still the possibility that we'll end up sitting ducks during the transition while the sun continually spits at us?

During the transition the magnetic field would get weaker, this would be a bad thing if we didn't have a thick atmosphere.

Yeah people always think that someone will snip and the poles will flip. Nobody thinks about that this process may last hours, days, weeks? Who knows.

Must be very funny to feel like in a microwave oven.

It's more like 7000 years than weeks, weeks would be a snap of the fingers.

Edited by Albert VDS

During the transition the magnetic field would get weaker, this would be a bad thing if we didn't have a thick atmosphere.

So you don't expect the atmosphere is going to heat up in the process of absorbing radiation?

Edit: Well that's it for me, going to bed, gn8

Edited by gpisic

And also they had no right to make a cult about the pyramid and to rebuild others like it?

What exactly distinguishes your supposed far older pyramids from 'rebuilt' ones? Nobody's seen any evidence of two massively differing pyramid populations, just a constant evolution of adapting techniques-one that matches the carbon dates.

Edited by Kryten

Gpisic does your whole argument stem from a claim of we don't know? If not please provide evidence for at least a shifting of the equator. If you can't and all you are doing is rejecting science because it doesn't feel right, admit it.

So you don't expect the atmosphere is going to heat up in the process of absorbing radiation?

Edit: Well that's it for me, going to bed, gn8

It would get weaker, not disappear.

Also something to note is that it's not a given that the poles will flip, even though that there are hints that say it might.

There's also a good chance that it might get stronger again and stay as it is.

Why are we even talking about the shifting magnetic pole with this guy.... He was talking about the equator moving... that's the real pole shifting, as in axial tilt. not the magnetic pole

He keeps moving the goalposts, it's a common tactic of conspiracy people.

Why are we even talking about the shifting magnetic pole with this guy.... He was talking about the equator moving... that's the real pole shifting, as in axial tilt. not the magnetic pole

This nutcase keeps moving the goalposts, it's a common tactic of these people.

It's more likely he simply doesn't know the difference.

The time scale required to have an advanced civilization before ones we know of would be huge, assuming they followed a similar progression as ours. One of the key arguments that would prove/disprove the existence of such a civ would be glass fragments, as they take an incredibly long time to decompose. I believe it is possible that such civ's existed, but unlikely. Another possibility would be that time is, in fact, circular and it is our on civilization that we would think of as so long ago.

Well. I give up. There's no reasoning with someone who just keeps arguing from ignorance. I've decided that gpisic must be this guy (or at least friends with this guy) on the left:

me_grapefruit.jpg

The world will end. Why? Because magnetic poles and this grapefruit.

hmm this reminds of the idea(from a book i read once) that an ancient hyper advanced civilization did exist but the evidence was no the technology because they were gone for so long that what they had built had turned into what would today be considered natural geography but is instead remnants of there immense structures and cities...

just something i thought i could add

That means all of our rockets were powered by the atoms of our long lost relatives. Apollo eleven must have spit out millions of dinosaurs on its way to the moon.

That means all of our rockets were powered by the atoms of our long lost relatives. Apollo eleven must have spit out millions of dinosaurs on its way to the moon.

Oil does not come from dinosaurs.

It seems that we now know that there are at least two ideo-fanatics in this forum.

To all ideo-fanatics out there, you people had better do your research.

Edited by DJEN

Close this thread pls.

It's a matter of perspective.

All I can say is that any man not as stupid and stubborn as I does not need to see God in this life. Is my word not good enough? Either I am mad, or God exists. You believe the planet Pluto exists, I hope, even if you’ve never seen it. Why? Because you trust the men who say they’ve seen it. Why not trust me, now, here, in this? Or trust Saint Paul, who is more convincing, or trust the countless others  the Christian Scientists keep a century of records of miracles, and so does the medical committee at Lourdes  who have seen things just as I have.

Dear gpisic, does this satisfy you?

Edited by DJEN

DJEN, just because I'm having one of my brief burst of super-villainy, I need to point out that Pluto is not a planet. :sticktongue:

He keeps moving the goalposts, it's a common tactic of conspiracy people.

In the documentary they mention both, axial tilt to explain why these landmarks are on 1 line and magnetic pole to scare the viewer into thinking we are "we are doomed".

The conclusion of the documentary is a bunch of people who don't (fully) know what they are talking about or their conclusion have been miss used to prove a vague point of the creator.

Even the voice over doesn't come up with solid evidence of the doom and gloom that about to happen, all the things he mentions is "this might" and "it's possible".

The only reason they know we are doomed is that an advanced civilization is try to send us a message through their pyramids/monuments.

If they really wanted to warn us they would have just written it down, somewhere it would last for ages, and have some means of deciphering it.

An other thing about the documentary which annoys me: The say that the Europeans at that time were still cavemen, wearing animal hide, when in fact that's not true.

Sure they wear animal hides, but they also made leather, spun wool to make actual clothes and they even had dyes to color them.

All this was possible because of the rise of agriculture which gave them easy access to these resources. They made houses and tools to shape their landscape.

All of this was way before ancient Egypt, it's called the Neolithic Revolution or the Agricultural Revolution and started 12,000 ago.

Ancient Egypt started around 3100 BC and the great pyramids of Giza are even younger at 2560 BC.

This thread is a train wreck.

Supporting closure.

Whenever we speak of advanced civilization, don't point your fingers at Giza and Easter Island and go "ALIENS HURRR DURRR LOLL!!!!" And instead look for the infrastructure that maintained it. As we all know , advanced civilizations need to be propped up and maintained by infrastructure, infrastructure that is certain to leave marks on their enviroment. Without infrastructure, they fall and die. Search not for their spaceships (Since you probably won't find any, since it is illogical to assume every species will take the path humanity has), but search for their powerplants. Their mines. Their transit networks, their underground cables, their roads.

You'll have a much better chance of proving your point then, rather than pointing toward the Stonehenge and acting like a crackpot conspiracy monkey.

During the transition the magnetic field would get weaker, this would be a bad thing if we didn't have a thick atmosphere

I read somewhere that the solar wind would create a radiation shield infront of the Earth by itself after mere minutes even if the magnetic field collapsed.

Another possibility would be that time is, in fact, circular and it is our on civilization that we would think of as so long ago.

You mean like the artificial-organic super-AI drones we sent back from our future, which those morons mistake for grey aliens? :wink:

DJEN, just because I'm having one of my brief burst of super-villainy, I need to point out that Pluto is not a planet. :sticktongue:

I took this quote from a jeering site.

Instead of civilized discussion someone earns only to be called a crackpot conspiracy monkey and such by bringing up another view. However with such an attitude you are only supporting my own thinking about the world.

The more you guys reject alternative ideas the stronger i believe in them.

However this is not an discussion anymore here, it is an witch hunt. It reminds me of crusades and all the other bad things humanity did in it's extremely short existance here on earth.

Galileo Galilei risked to be burned by the church because he had another view. He dared to have another opinion and to controvert church. In what are you guys different from the church back then?

However earth has it's own means of getting rid of viruses (humans). Our bodies have a natural reaction for getting rid of viruses, it is fever. Earth will do the same. I will welcome the day when we start to boil at 50°C average temperature and all humanity will literally experience hell on earth because we are not worth to have any better fate.

so long