You know you're a noob in KSP when...

Science-Recon

...when you hit space to launch, your main engines fire, and simultaneously your capsule pops off and the parachutes activate.

It can happen if you mess with the staging and don't check it before launching :).

You mean every single time I do the first mission on a new KSP save? I ALWAYS pop the chutes the first time and revert to launch feeling like a noob.

You know you are a newb when...

you think an engineering and celestial mechanics background will make you good at KSP

you use the antenna to transmit your goo data before you unlock solar panels or batteries

You think the atmosphere ends because the navball changed to orbit

I've one that's of the "forgot to check my staging" type, except so ridiculous that I facedesked a few times.

Noob: Forgot to check my staging and accidentally decoupled my payload at the same time my lifter engine + SRBs are staged at full throttle.

Extra Noob: Spent ten minutes trying to figure out WHY I don't have control of my winglets (payload somehow managed to stay on top of the lifter engine without falling off).

Ultra Noob: Spent ten minutes going between VAB and Launch, trying to add enough struts to prevent my payload from "unintentionally decouple" from my lifters.

When i forget to unfold an antenna after leaving the atmosphere (using RemoteTech2)

When adding a lifter predesign to the payload and forgetting to stage the procedural fairings correctly.

When Jeb managed to sneak on a mission again. (Now I have him and the other 2 parked in a rover at KSP, as tourist/public relations figures with enough TAC life support for a decade)

• 4 months later...

Well, i live in a boarding school with some KSP newbs and n00bs, and they only care about building planes, even if they dont understand lift or CoL and CoM.

If they want to go to Mun, they build a one-stage rocket with 20 boosters and send it straight up without going into Orbit.

rotating my station a little to make docking easier, going back to the ship, checking alignment, then going back to the station only to find it in some sort of out of control SAS/RCS induced oscillation and trying to rip itself apart...

When your interplanetary transfers are conducted as follows:

1. Point ship prograde and burn until you are at sufficient speed to escape Kerbins SOI.

2. Time accelerate until you have escaped Kerbin's SOI.

3. Set up manuver node and perform brute force transfer to desired planet, stop burning once encounter has been acquired.

4. Once in SOI perform retrograde burn until periapsis is at desired altitude.

5. When previous steps fail, build the same ship with twice as much fuel and repeat.

I used to perform all of my interplanetary transfers like this. You should have seen the size of my Laythe landers.

Edited by [email protected]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.