modeling help

I am new to modeling and for my first project i want to reuse the large science module for something and i need to know how to create and activate button can someone please help me. The part needs to be toggled so it won't consume all my resources (plasma).

You will probably find most help in the 'modding' forum: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/37-Add-on-Development - which deals with making mods for KSP.

'Modelling' usually refers to 3D-modelling - that is, making new parts, so I'm not sure if you mean that. If you do, the sub-forum of the above most appropriate would probably be:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/14-Modelling-and-Texturing-Discussion

Note that creating mods is a programming task and that skill, or at least familiarity, with C# is almost a first requirement.

What I really want is a much easier way to change textures. The main problem is getting hold of the default texures in the first place!

I've used universe replacer and it is a good tool but I really wish there was some way to go back to the old .png images that you could just open and change...

You will probably find most help in the 'modding' forum: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/37-Add-on-Development - which deals with making mods for KSP.

'Modelling' usually refers to 3D-modelling - that is, making new parts, so I'm not sure if you mean that. If you do, the sub-forum of the above most appropriate would probably be:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/14-Modelling-and-Texturing-Discussion

Note that creating mods is a programming task and that skill, or at least familiarity, with C# is almost a first requirement.

Yes i am trying to make my own parts but i am new to 3d modeling and i use wings3d i thought i should start simple (ok REALLY REALLY simple)

If you're new to modelling then I'd recommend Blender instead, mostly because a lot of people here use it and will be able to help you more effectively.

Secondly don't just storm in here thinking you'll be making parts with buttons when you're a complete beginner. Look at my Skylon thread. It was my first, but because it's such a complex task I've had to put it on the back burner, while I do simpler things. Modding is a learning process, so if you don't enjoy learning, you might as well just give up now.

If you're new to modelling then I'd recommend Blender instead, mostly because a lot of people here use it and will be able to help you more effectively.

Secondly don't just storm in here thinking you'll be making parts with buttons when you're a complete beginner. Look at my Skylon thread. It was my first, but because it's such a complex task I've had to put it on the back burner, while I do simpler things. Modding is a learning process, so if you don't enjoy learning, you might as well just give up now.

i do this a lot (mis type/speak) i am not new to programing or modding just modeling . BUT that is beside the point i just want the default KSP User Interface to pull up with two buttons, Recycle Depleted uranium and stop. i got the LURG (one of my parts Lithium uranium reaction generator) to turn on and off but it is modeled after the PB-nuk so it is NOTHING like the crewed science tank, that is my only problem (for now :( )

P.S. I am VERY good at over doing things or jumping in / storming in to things this is the only one i am having a problem on, I will look into blender tomorrow if there is no deference between it and wings3d then i will continue on with wings(most likely will end up with blender.).

edit1: ANY MODELER THAT READS THIS i am looking for somebody to help help with making mods (more or less models for the mods) such as engines and a few other things.

Edited by KerbCo
forgot something ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.