[0.24.2] Kerbal Crew Transfer - v0.5 released, 0.24 support and Crew Swapping

joed_

Kerbal Crew Transfer - A lightweight alternative to Crew Manifest

Transferring Kerbals is now as easy as moving fuel. Requires ModuleManager.

v0.5 has been released: Release Notes.

Download from Curse

Download from Github

Download from Kerbal Stuff

Crew Transfer has optional support for Connected Living Spaces and will use it if it's installed.

Just in case people are confused as to what I mean: CLS is only an optional dependency, and Crew Transfer will function perfectly fine without it.

If CLS is installed, however, Crew Transfer will make use of it to determine whether two parts are actually connected before allowing you to transfer crew between them.

Report any bugs or issues on github: https://github.com/joedavis/CrewXfer

Include a log file, see here

If you wish to support this mod, you can donate in BTC at 17PVzVssJEGNhVgTJnVAoyud15iCYwHLUu

Screenshot:

AKxDdwf.png

Released under the ISC license.

Copyright (c) 2014 Joe Davis

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES
WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR
ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN
ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF
OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

Edited by joed_
Works with 0.24.2

I'm fully aware of Crew Manifest, I even mentioned it in the OP, but the main point of this was that the UI was slightly more integrated into the stock game. I'll admit, it doesn't make a huge difference, but it's my personal preference.

It also has preliminary support for Connected Living Spaces, which as far as I know Crew Manifest doesn't have. (Although Ship Manifest does).

We already have Crew Manifest which is much easier to use and has more features... Sooo... I'm sorry to shoot your thing down like this, but I see no use for it...

Kerbal Crew Manifest also comes with other features that one may not need or use. Given how crowded my toolbar has become of late, I think there is room for something simple and lightweight, and will be giving this a try.

TAC Fuel Balancer for really balancing fuels, this for crew - no something like this here for transfering science data from simple instruments and between pods ... ? :)

Ship Manifest has its merits, but for me less windows is more.

Kerbal Crew Manifest also comes with other features that one may not need or use. Given how crowded my toolbar has become of late, I think there is room for something simple and lightweight, and will be giving this a try.

Agreed. This mod is considerably better than Crew Manifest if you only want to move crew around.

Someone saying the separate Crew Manifest UI is "easier to use" than the stock pop-up menu is just funny!

I agree 100%,with this oppinion!

I will use this plugin for transfer Kerbals to my space program.

We already have Crew Manifest which is much easier to use and has more features... Sooo... I'm sorry to shoot your thing down like this, but I see no use for it...

That is a matter of opinion. Personally I feel there are more steps (clicks) involved with simple crew transfer, I feel this mod is a good solution. And since you do it visually, you don't have to think about which pod is which or highlight it, especially when you lots of the same type.

I noticed the OP was updated with the reason listed as "new version," and strikethrough of the text regarding CLS. What changed in the new version? Was support for CLS removed?

I can't seem to get the plugin to work. Installed it like any other mod (so it's KSP/GameData/CrewXfer), but when I right click on my station modules (cupola, lab and hitchhiker) I do not get the options seen in the original image. Any idea what's going on?

I can't seem to get the plugin to work. Installed it like any other mod (so it's KSP/GameData/CrewXfer), but when I right click on my station modules (cupola, lab and hitchhiker) I do not get the options seen in the original image. Any idea what's going on?

You have a Module Manager plugin,in your Game Data Folder?

I noticed the OP was updated with the reason listed as "new version," and strikethrough of the text regarding CLS. What changed in the new version? Was support for CLS removed?

The opposite in fact. I just pushed CLS support to the main branch, and it should work out of the box. (At the very least it happens to work on my box). Just install CLS alongside it and CrewXfer will use it to check whether the parts you're moving Kerbals between are connected.

HeadHunter,

Are you right-clicking the first pod, then hold-alt + right-clicking the second pod?

Yes like this,transfer a kerbal from a module to other,but with a simple right click must appears the menu.

I still use the Module Manager 2.1.0

HeadHunter,

Are you right-clicking the first pod, then hold-alt + right-clicking the second pod?

I am - the same way one would transfer fuel. And I get all the other options (such as transferring fuel and power), but not the crew transfer options as shown in the OP.

I'm experienced at installing and using mods, and I didn't do anything differently this time. Tried to reinstall it and still no luck. So I can't imagine why it's not working. Guess I'm going to have to stick with Crew Manifest until I can find an answer. :(

I've worked out what the problem is, I forgot to bundle CLSInterfaces.dll with the plugin.

For a quick fix, download CLS, and copy the CLSInterfaces.dll file into the CrewXfer directory. Or just install Connected Living Spaces.

I'll have an update out that bundles CLSInterfaces.dll ASAP.

I am - the same way one would transfer fuel. And I get all the other options (such as transferring fuel and power), but not the crew transfer options as shown in the OP.

I'm experienced at installing and using mods, and I didn't do anything differently this time. Tried to reinstall it and still no luck. So I can't imagine why it's not working. Guess I'm going to have to stick with Crew Manifest until I can find an answer. :(

Really i can't understand what happened,and don't work to you,the only difference what can i see inside to my and your situation is the version of Module Manager,and i don't believe,can be this the reason of problem... :(

I'm going to check this out.

This is certainly much easier than Ship Manifest, when the parts are easy to click on, and in a low part count scene, as you don't have to search for the right part, you can just click on it.

I will definitely use it for that, along with Ship Manifest. I had no plans to include this type of functionality.

Nicely done. I second codepoet's question. Are you looking into support for CLS? That would make it a win win for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.