Realism War Game!

What mods to use?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What mods to use?

From an outsiders POV, you all are going to big to fast. Start small, set a region in the game world to keep it localized to and limit it to in the atmosphere only at first. This way you don't have a bunch of clutter and random things in orbit or a ton of otherwise useless mods for what you are doing.

-We will be using RSS (real solar system), because we need KSC switcher. Teams will choose their preferred home base.

You should be able to use RSS without resizing if you want to play on Kerbin, you just need to edit the config file and remove all the planets (keep the top-level RealSolarSystem node). You'd also have to remove the planet's obj files from PluginData and probably adjust the launch site locations to taste, but RSS is a very configurable mod.

Might be better for your game because everything will be closer...

You should be able to use RSS without resizing if you want to play on Kerbin, you just need to edit the config file and remove all the planets (keep the top-level RealSolarSystem node). You'd also have to remove the planet's obj files from PluginData and probably adjust the launch site locations to taste, but RSS is a very configurable mod.

Might be better for your game because everything will be closer...

Well what I think I was going to do was take RSS (I think it would be more interesting to play on Earth) and use the configs for Kerbin-size RSS. That way It will still be small, and getting to orbit won't suck.

FAR is a must, B9 is a must (and I was looking at D12. Since the textures are recycles I think that would be okay too), p-wings are glitchy quite often so maybe not those even though I love them so much. DMP seems to be a pretty resounding request, so I apologize to anyone who has spoken out against it but I think we will be using it.

I'm throwing together a gamedata folder now so everyone hold tight for about 30-60 minutes while I battle an incredibly slow internet connection.

Draemora I've got you added as well!

Also guys, I'll add Firespitter, but I think I'm going to delete biplane parts since this is a space age game after all.

Edited by horndgmium

Did you download the B9 fixes? That's the save that I have and it seems to work pretty well. I added you, and I hope you don't mind having B9 and mechjeb! But perhaps to nerf mechjeb it may only be used in the VAB or SPH?

I've got a 1/10 scale RSS looking real good with the mods, it runs fine on my tiny laptop with graphics set to 100% for all categories, so weven if your computer sucks it will be able to play this save. However, I have not yet added firespitter or KW rocketry, but parts can be trimmed down on those so they probably won't add too much invasiveness

I have a new KSP install ready for the game data folder! Hahaha

Btw, how are we going to determine some of the more "honour system" sort of things? Like, what constitutes an orbital observation instrument, the requirements for an orbital station, etc?

Edited by Draemora

And what about the Lazor system/Lazor weapons?

BTW, i don't think i'll be joining, because i don't see myself fitting the roles(self-confidence issues much?) for a couple of reasons,

Craft Designer = i'd hate to be the one competing against xoknight, despite the fact we both do part clipping, he uses it to a bigger extend(hidind RTGs better than me), and i do more simple designs.

Pilot = Where is the instruction manual? Is there a Auto-Aim system? Does it need to go to orbit? Did i just flip the tank? I think i flipped the tank...

Base Planner = Eh... what? I don't get it.

however, if there were biplanes included, i'd like to think that the teams stole them from a local museum.(seems logical :P)

I do wonder if xoknight will be using his Arado 234 replica(s)...

Edited by KotDemopan

Hello! I'd like to join, but can't due to my current internet connection and lack of a KSP containing computer. BUT, am asking if I could participate in another way.

Mod-Request: Boat Parts Mod... yay, naval combat and aircraft carriers

I am wanting to partcipate by opening a "Black-Market" thread for this war game! People who are less fortunate and have crappy internet and computers could participate by posting craft and craft-designs that the teams could "buy" with their weekly credits, with a mark-up percentage (like a shipping fee :D )

EDIT: Black-Market bases could be set-up (all BM Bought crafts must be stored/launched here) this mechanic could invoke stragtegy to "intercept" enemy black-market shipments and having to have authority over the base (temp. defense) to protect your "shipment"

Any objections/ revisions to this idea? Thanks for reading!

Edited by I.T Marcus
Revision

J.T, that sounds like a good idea. Could a team take over a black market base, and if yes, what would happen with it?

Well the idea was to control the black market point for as possible... but if completly lost a team could spend their budget to establish a new base (location disclosed I guess) But to avoid it being OP, a black market base wouldn't count as a base that contributes to the CPW if captured/lost... instead it's just a strategic playing piece

But before we start discussing it, I should wait for the author to approve the idea... to avoid spamming this thread

Thanks for quick reply!

BTW, i don't think i'll be joining, because i don't see myself fitting the roles(self-confidence issues much?) for a couple of reasons,

Craft Designer = i'd hate to be the one competing against xoknight, despite the fact we both do part clipping, he uses it to a bigger extend(hidind RTGs better than me), and i do more simple designs.

Pilot = Where is the instruction manual? Is there a Auto-Aim system? Does it need to go to orbit? Did i just flip the tank? I think i flipped the tank...

however, if there were biplanes included, i'd like to think that the teams stole them from a local museum.(seems logical :P)

...Maybe...

QL7ViXG.png

qtkVzKj.png

Edit: just tripled the bomb load

NQUqoNg.png

Edited by xoknight

...How was i able to predict that, it even has the landing gear i thought you would use, you already got a good bomber before the war even started! you guys on red must do alot of planning outside of this thread!

heh dont worry.

im just gonna trash around too (probably)

craft designer, simpler doesnt mean it's bad, i've been held back by my computer, because it cant render more than 150 parts without the fps going below 20. a bomber is probably the easiest. i dunno aobut biplanes

pilot, just built it, give it to someone else :D i've built a lot of craft containing amazing potential, but i cant even harvest like 40% of it because i suck heehee

base planner. i dont quite get it either, so ill just ignore that.

Hey red team, do you guys want to go for this simple insignia like this? Just a donut tank attached to a cubic strut. Or would you prefer it to be just the whole craft red?

2C6OMcW.png

pWHfCoC.png

Edited by xoknight

Yeah... emblems are gonna be required for the ground forces that are made out of 1x1 plates or 650 beams.

Blue better start thinking about their emblem

Edit: i think i found a suitable emblem

OztlY41.png

Edited by KotDemopan

Can I join? I alrealdy have all the mods, except for MCE, DMP, and RSS. (I'll be removing a few mods, hopefully so my game won't crash) If you look on Rep-Worthy Crafts, (post #90) you'll find my FB-89 Hollandaise, with a loadout of four Skillful 2000lb incidniary cluster bombs and 4 Zephyr multipurpose target tracking missiles with HE warheads. That one is only B9, so we're good. I've played about 260 hours of KSP.

If you are using FAR, both of those "insignias" will cause unwanted drag.

Well, you can't change color of the 1x1 plates and 650-beams, so insignias should only be used for the ground forces to make everything so "Perfect"

Well, you can't change color of the 1x1 plates and 650-beams, so insignias should only be used for the ground forces to make everything so "Perfect"

You could just paint the wings the team color. It would be better than adding additional parts, first, and second adding un-needed drag to an aircraft.

You see, it will start when... err... soon! yeah, soon!

both teams even got 3 people.

Edit: i've had a look through the required mods, and noticed 2 things

1. FAR isn't on there so it doesn't matter if you have the team logos or not.

2. Firespitter isn't here, so teams can't steal borrow propeller planes or "Whatever-that-giant-bomber-is-supposed-to-be with felix the penguin on it" from their local museums.

Edited by KotDemopan

The mod is working on the game data folder wich will have all the mods.

Also, I think we should keeps things relatively simple and with the mod's vision in mind. We need to develop some of the more minor rules and nuances as the game goes on.

Wait, the Craft designers are gonna have to send craft designs during the game... there must be a 30-minute preparation to make the main vehicles, or the teams are already doing that using private messages. And atleast 1 team made 1 design yesterday.

So I'm having some serious trouble with my wifi, most notably my 5 kb/s upload rate. So if someone else wants to throw together a gamedata folder, I would very much appreciate it. Also, I intended to add FAR and Firespitter, that's my bad, I just hadn't gotten around to updating the OP (also thanks to terrible internet access).

Wait, the Craft designers are gonna have to send craft designs during the game... there must be a 30-minute preparation to make the main vehicles, or the teams are already doing that using private messages. And atleast 1 team made 1 design yesterday.

Well, I had envisioned keeping the server live 24/7 if that's possible. That way people can be connected and crating craft and launching them as they please so long as its within budget.

The mod is working on the game data folder wich will have all the mods.

Also, I think we should keeps things relatively simple and with the mod's vision in mind. We need to develop some of the more minor rules and nuances as the game goes on.

Got any ideas? I'd like for everyone to agree on the rules not just have them be my rules.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.