Realism War Game!

What mods to use?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What mods to use?

Also, I think that the warfare should be kept in close proximity. As in ON KERBIN. If we have just multiple useless landers on the moon that no one is ever going to touch again is just going to make the game boring. Keep it on Kerbin and have stuff in space limited to satellites, weapons, space stations, space planes, a bar...

Also, I think that the warfare should be kept in close proximity. As in ON KERBIN. If we have just multiple useless landers on the moon that no one is ever going to touch again is just going to make the game boring. Keep it on Kerbin and have stuff in space limited to satellites, weapons, space stations, space planes, a bar...

what about progressive storyline (or some sort, i dont know the words for it XD)

like i mean

for the first week, we are only allowed to war against each other with only ground and water forces

the second week, planes and bombers come along

fourth week satellites are allowed to be deployed

nothing changed for the third week

fifth week, satellites are allowed to shoot, but only like twice or 3x a week.

seventh week, we may start to build some sort of force on the moon?

i mean, as time goes by, im pretty sure more and more people will join, and soon it would be not enough space for war on kerbin alone....... probably

I think it'll be interesting to have moon stuff too - thanks to the added difficulty and points, it will be beneficial for both teams to send stuff to the moon. Plus, it's RSS scaled down, so it's less trivial. If one team sends like 30 bases to the moon and the other sends none, you'll get terribly out-matched in budget and points. This is a space-age game after all!

I added you guys to the black market vendors. BMVs can take the persistent file whenever, but it is in your best interest to dl it when there isn't much going on or your crafts might not make it to the map. I'll probably need to adjust this. I recommend you advertise for your crafts on the thread, as well as whether you are selling craft or craft files.

This is actually very close to being good to go though!

To clarify guys: this is turn-based again, no more mulitplayer, for simplicity's sake.

Edited by horndgmium

Yeah sorry, I just went with the first one I got. But the folder is up now. So the game is good to start being played as soon as each team decides where their home base will be. The team who goes first picks home base second.. So Red Team, where do you choose?

Edited by horndgmium

Hey! I'm not on any team! I thought I had joined! Put me on blue or red, please, and could I be a black market vendor as well?

Also, I think we should have more than 2 teams, and I want to play in real time on multiplayer, so if required, I might be able to host a multiplayer server if nobody else can.

I found a problem: with RSS scaled down 10x, all slopes are 10x as steep as they should be! This means that planes will have a very hard time landing, and driving rovers will also be hard.

I also found a crude but effective fix: scaling the height map down by a factor of 10.

Never mind, the height map change didn't fix it completely. I'm working on another fix.

Edited by QuesoExplosivo

Hey! I'm not on any team! I thought I had joined! Put me on blue or red' date=' please, and could I be a black market vendor as well?

Also, I think we should have more than 2 teams, and I want to play in real time on multiplayer, so if required, I might be able to host a multiplayer server if nobody else can.[/quote']

Added you, my bad! I also think more than two teams would be cool, if there are one or two more people then you can start your own.

You can be a bmv as well but it's kinda disadvantageous to sell stuff to your opponents haha. If you produce craft in game it comes out of your budget (but I guess that's no big deal if you get more credits than it was worth).

But I think it'll be better to just take turns, albeit maybe a little annoying waiting to get it back. But maybe we can work out a way to have a live server sometimes too? It could be like turn based with occasional real time battle.

Queso, would you mind merging your update and re uploading so I could link to it on the first page? That's a good find thank you!

Kot: idk if biplanes were included but hell I don't see why not if it's not live multiplayer, computers won't melt as much.

Common misconception! DMP is actually extremely lightweight - both on the client and the server end!

question... DMP itself it lightweight... but when i meets other crafts, it still needs to render that craft right?

that kinda what we were afraid of it being too taskful

I'm almost done with the steepness fix. I should have it ready within the next hour.

Steepness fix is done. The new GameData folder is:

http://www./download/fo9dacdaaa69x74/GameData.zip

Do not use the old one!

OP is updated, thanks again! This means that this is actually good to go as soon as each team picks a home base.

Like I said, we may at some point include DMP, but I think this will be cool to have a framework of how the game works set up first.

Finally: the game is good to go as soon as each team picks home base.

I can see this beginning very soon. I'm currently testing the mods to see if my computer explodes or something.

Two questions:

a) does the outdated module manager matter?

B) who is going first?

Edited by TJPrime

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.