The New, Completely OFFICAL Fan Works Challenge (This Week: Christmas!)

The Jedi Master

Javascript is disabled. View full album

My Star Trek Kerbal Space Program.

I designed the tools with the Kerbal's mittens in mind for use on EVA.

The Ship and Shuttlecraft are given the color scheme and shapes of a Kerbal Rocket. Silver metal with rivets, black/white striped Nacelles, etc.

Edited by GregroxMun

Cool I won... Wait was I the only entry...

Must be all the 0.24 madness :confused:

Animals... I've seen a dog, a dragon, an eagle & a kraken so I'll have to thing of somthing else maybe an elephant. Are there contracts for roving elephants in KSP ? guess I'll find out

Heh. I was the Guy who Made the Dragon for a while, before the Destroyer made his model of Toothless.

Here's the link, Here's a picture:

HSyT8F2.jpg

...and here's a video of the craft in flight (sorry for the length and overall "meh" quality).

I'll post pictures of the Doge and the Bagel Rabbit later, but here's a video of them for now:

So, yeah. I was working on a dragonfly but no dice... yet. I might continue work on the craft in 0.24 if the save file isn't wrecked.

:)

I had this idea for a long time.

Kerbal Space Program Mission Logs and Details

Parent Mission: Wanderer 8 (i.e. 19th mission to Duna)

Log Case: KSC-2256-WAN8-2

Brief Overview:

Five years after the sucessful results of Wanderer 7's mid-long term Duna residence mission of four Kerbals, scientists detected suspicious traces of moving bodies in the background and mild seismic activity. Because the crew of Wanderer 7 never came across those bodies, a new mission was launched in the same program despite it officially ending at the seventh expedition - the long-term Duna surveillance mission Wanderer 8. In that expedition, it was revealed that these anomalous 'bodies' were, in fact, living indigenous creatures of Duna nicknamed "Dustrals", who mainly reside underground due to the planet's hazards in the surface.

Anatomy of Dustrals

Dustrals seem to have the same body shape and structure as Kerbals, but they still differentiate a lot from their planetary neighbours. Just like Kerbals are green from Kerbin's lands, Dustrals are orange from Duna's reddish-orange soil. Despite the lower gravity in Duna, Dustrals are fairly tough. It is estimated that male Dustrals can lift up to 1.8 times their own weight in Kerbin's gravity, compared to a Kerbal's 0.7. However, they don't seem to exhibit many muscles. A Dustral's average height is 0.92 meters compared to a Kerbal's 0.75. Other than the listed features, Dustrals are very alike to Kerbals.

It is unknown how or why Dustrals seem to have enhanced strength and heights in Duna's reduced gravity, nor how do they behave in Kerbin's gravity - in fact, Dustrals seem to dislike science and anything out from their underground villages, as when asked to fly to Kerbin for tests, the questioning Kerbalnaut was punched in the belly and the hostile Dustral dragged away by his peers, who quickly told the other Kerbals to "avoid asking us to leave our refuge to utilize unstable extradunian objects". Scientists are still researching to why they seem to have a negative view to science.

Since they survive with no trouble in Duna, it is assumed that they breathe Carbon Monoxide instead of Oxygen, but still prefer residing underground, probably due to Ultra-Violet rays that attack the surface easily thanks to the lack of an ozone layer in Duna's atmosphere. It is unknown how Dustrals react to large ammounts of Oxygen.

Society of Dustrals

Dustrals seem to live in monarchic-tribal villages, featuring knights and even a king, but still seem to be oblivious to the utilization of iron and bronze tools. They also seem to dress in tribal-like vests.

As stated in the above section, Dustrals' villages and forts are located in previously-unnoticed caverns dotted around Duna. These caves have small traces of Oxygen in them, but are still Carbon Monoxide-prevalent. Despite that, they are much safer than the hazards in the surface, such as Ultra-violet rays.

Other than that, relatively little is known about the society of Dustrals, as after the incident detailed in the above section, most of them seem skeptical about having Kerbals in their villages.

Kerbin-Duna Relationships

Because Kerbals and Dustrals are in completely seperate planets, it is hard for the two species to contact, especially considering how only one of them is able of even leaving their own atmosphere and is still behind Faster-than-Light travels. Despite that, however, the science division of Kerbin is fairly fascinated with Dustrals and how they breathe Carbon Monoxide.

Dustrals are fairly neutral yet skeptical regarding Kerbals. According to anonymous Dustrals, the entire species was aware of Kerbin, but never believed it had any life and assumed that all other planets were barren. This proves that Dustrals have a basic knowledge of space - unlike Kerbals who initially thought Kerbin was flat and made fun of anyone who thought otherwise.

Despite the mostly-positive views from Kerbals, however, there's an ever-increasing number of Kerbal citizens who look down upon or don't believe on the existance of Dustrals. Roughly 38 of 100 Kerbals interviewed either think Dustrals are too much of a primitive race(10%), think they're going to be an obstacle in the inevitable Kerbal colonization of Duna(22%), or outright think the space program is spreading lies about Dustrals and still firmly believe that Kerbals are the only living beings in the universe, and that even thinking about other living creatures will bring the ire of the Devs(68%). The same controversy between Kerbals can also be observed among some Dustrals' social circles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.