[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

So apparently the physics lag is only when I have Krystal City installed. Everything else works fine. :P

Currently got a possible fix being put in place and then tested for Krystal City. I'm optimistic but it's a lot of work still to do yet.

EDIT - Ah poop. Massive fail here. Nevermind.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Control Towers pack updated to Airfield Extras. Now includes more control towers at helipads and airfields, a taxi-way at Kerman Lake and lots of hangars. Check out the OP for the link. More stuff for airfields in the near future.

EDIT - Helipads also updated to v1.1. The position of the helipad at Ben Bay has been slightly changed and a number of additional helipads have been placed at locations for some possible bases in the future. Let me know which locations you like. There'll be more locations in the future as I continue to survey Kerbin.

EDIT - A corporation has completed construction of their headquarters at Ben Bay. You can find the link for this new content in the OP as well.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Hey AlphaAsh, I've been playing around with Kerbal Town and got the hang of the controls and functions. (I added more palm trees to KSC) I'm thinking of taking InfiniteDice's aircraft carrier parts and making them static to make an aircraft carrier base. I think the elevator animations may be a problem also the arrestor cables. Other then that I think I could build a non moving aircraft carrier for launching small aircraft.

Edit: If it works I'll ask InfiniteDice for permission to redistribute his models for Kerbin Side.

Edited by Eskandare

Ola Eskandare. Always interested in contributions so see what you can put together and I'll happily take a look if I can put it out through Kerbin-Side. Credit will be given and you'll effectively be a co-author. Look forward to seeing da stuffs.

Ola Eskandare. Always interested in contributions so see what you can put together and I'll happily take a look if I can put it out through Kerbin-Side. Credit will be given and you'll effectively be a co-author. Look forward to seeing da stuffs.

I did a test import of one of the models. It works so far, but I'll need InfiniteDice's approval first before I can continue, they're his models and textures after all.

Congratulations sir. You have won this only slightly used.... internet!

http://www.kashcorp.co.uk/wiparakebo.jpg

S.E.X.Y! A good place for that might be on the island in the middle of the crater sea. I put Ocean Odyssey just outside of one of the islands that make up the edge of the crater. I was planning to stick a satellite tracking station on the island. The carrier stuff is coming along but I still haven't heard from InfiniteDice.

Edited by Eskandare

...A good place for that might be on the island in the middle of the crater sea....

I should have thought of that. I'll try it there. Good call.

RE: Ocean Odyssey. HoneyFox gave the all clear for me to include it a while back but I ultimately chose not to because the texturing seemed a little unfinished. Dunno whether you might want to get the 'source' for the model to finish the texturing. Shoot HoneyFox a PM if you think it's worth a shot.

As suggested, Arakebo Station got a proper home. Still some work to do on platform access and the platforms themselves and maybe some merging of the cliffsides into the terrain, and she's ready to... fly in and out of like a loon. Danger: wires.

wiparakebo2.jpg

Got my hands on a few tools to help with optimising mesh numbers and draw-calls. Arakebo's impact on 'physics lag' is pretty much gone. I'll be running over the rest of Kerbin-Side these next couple of weeks to do the same to all other assets.

As suggested, Arakebo Station got a proper home. Still some work to do on platform access and the platforms themselves and maybe some merging of the cliffsides into the terrain, and she's ready to... fly in and out of like a loon. Danger: wires.

http://www.kashcorp.co.uk/wiparakebo2.jpg

looking good. I kinda pictured it on the shallower end of the island but now I see it in the mountains, I like it there better. Certainly needs a little bit more blending in.

Got my hands on a few tools to help with optimising mesh numbers and draw-calls. Arakebo's impact on 'physics lag' is pretty much gone. I'll be running over the rest of Kerbin-Side these next couple of weeks to do the same to all other assets.

Good work on getting the tools. I miss having Krystal City installed and rescuing Jeb after drunken parties. :D

I miss having Krystal City installed and rescuing Jeb after drunken parties.

I've been cutting up Krystal City to build more physics lag friendly dioramas. Krystal City as it was probably won't return as even with the optimising I can do now, I suspect it may still be too many meshes to not have an impact on the krakensbane. And to optimise it, even with the new tools I have, would be very time-consuming. I may review the fate of Krystal City again in the future.

Been busy all night optimising the heck out of KerbinSide. Mesh counts and draw-calls on everything have been reduced by approximately 90%. No sign of warp or map lag at all now, with all of KerbinSide installed. I'll be rolling out the update later today.