[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I'm using a DTS-M1. Our at least, that's what I remember the deployable dish with the retrangular stowed shape to be. And I haven't tested them thoroughly enough to be sure (my communication network only has two prints at present), but it seems (from a couple of uplink loss at critical moments of my flights) that there is not a cone at all (testing with Communotron-16s on the receiver craft). It is for sure that I cannot see it at the map view.
Nonononono, the Communotron-16s are the RECEIVERS. Judging from the wiki, all omnidirectional antennas in the cone of a deployed dish will automatically connect, without any targeting needed. The dishes are DTS-M1s.

This is true but remeber that the Range of the Communotron-16 is fairly short, doesn't matter if a dish can reach it if it can't send stuff back, so these will only work in LKO, If you are going to the Mun or anything you need to have a DTS-M1 on either side, you can also try using the Root range model, a description of how that works can be found here.

EDIT: Take a look at this it may help you, also some of the stuff may be outdated, for instance the button it says will turn on the cones actually doesn't look like that anymore, it is the one that looks like a globe, that will display cones in map view, unless that has been changed, I am on an older release (the most recent one for .24.2) so I could be outdated lol

So, this config with Kerbin Side will have you connected to the KSC regardless of the station you attach it to, or it creates more "Mission Control" options?

As for the fact that I could just edit the big dish, that's actually right. However, I would really love to have it as another step in the tech tree, with more cost, bigger size etc. And I'm terrible at modeling.

You add the stuff in that post to your RemoteTech_Settings.cfg and it will add ground stations at those points, they act just like the KSC station, anything connected to them can be controlled, they can also be targeted individually, not sure what you mean by more "Mission Control" options.

As far as another dish I know some mods add comms dish type models you could turn one of those into what you are looking for, also you could just copy the cfg for the biggest dish, rename it, add it to a higher technode, boost the range and up the price, it'll still look the same but aside from that it will accomplish what you are looking for, and you will still have the original for comms in the Kerbol system.

Edited by Akira_R

This is true but remeber that the Range of the Communotron-16 is fairly short, doesn't matter if a dish can reach it if it can't send stuff back, so these will only work in LKO, If you are going to the Mun or anything you need to have a DTS-M1 on either side, you can also try using the Root range model, a description of how that works can be found here.

EDIT: Take a look at this it may help you, also some of the stuff may be outdated, for instance the button it says will turn on the cones actually doesn't look like that anymore, it is the one that looks like a globe, that will display cones in map view, unless that has been changed, I am on an older release (the most recent one for .24.2) so I could be outdated lol

You add the stuff in that post to your RemoteTech_Settings.cfg and it will add ground stations at those points, they act just like the KSC station, anything connected to them can be controlled, they can also be targeted individually, not sure what you mean by more "Mission Control" options.

As far as another dish I know some mods add comms dish type models you could turn one of those into what you are looking for, also you could just copy the cfg for the biggest dish, rename it, add it to a higher technode, boost the range and up the price, it'll still look the same but aside from that it will accomplish what you are looking for, and you will still have the original for comms in the Kerbol system.

Well, last time I checked, the Communotron 16 has a range of 2.5 Megameters. The signal is lost while approximately at 80 kilometers... While out of connection from the KSC... And trying to connect to a satellite at a Kerbostationary orbit...

Damn, I was 300 kilometers of -range. Ignore my sheer stupidity.

But still, shouldn't the cone be showing by default? (never touched the options.)

What I meant is, if we ask for a Mission Control target, will it grant us connection to any station in range of the vessel, or we will need to explicitly target a specific station each time?

As for the copying of the big antenna, I would like it to be differentiated. If you can briefly tell me how to scale it, and retexture it, I'll be okay.

But still, shouldn't the cone be showing by default? (never touched the options.)

What I meant is, if we ask for a Mission Control target, will it grant us connection to any station in range of the vessel, or we will need to explicitly target a specific station each time?

As for the copying of the big antenna, I would like it to be differentiated. If you can briefly tell me how to scale it, and retexture it, I'll be okay.

The cones don't show unless you turn them on.

If you set a dish to target KSC/Mission Control, it will point the cone at the target (KSC) and attempt to connect only to that target, unless the target is a planet or moon. For targets that are planets or moons, it will connect to any target in Line of Sight (LoS) of the cone and within the target's Sphere of Influence (SoI). Note that an object in a moon's SoI does not count as being in the parent body's SoI.

I strongly recommend browsing through the website that has been linked. The answers to your questions are there.

If I may ask a request of the mod creator... discard if you don't want to, don't feel like it, or just find my request stupid.

The flight computer provided with Remote Tech is the original reason I got the mod. It's perfect for what I need it for, and barring a few very rare and odd bugs (like not heading the correct way, or infinite spins when told to point to the maneuver node) works like an absolute charm. I kinda found out you need to have a connection for it to work, and found I started to love making this mod work to the fullest ! :)

However, fact is I am running out of memory because I have like 25 satellites, plus all my crafts and bases and all of that. So I have to stop using it :(

So onto the request, and I think you see me coming. Would it be possible to make a mod of ONLY the flight computer ? No parts, no signal delay, no checking if the satellite has sight of the KSP direct/indirect... I know there's mechjeb and stuff, but I only want YOUR flight computer to be usable anywhere even if not an automated ship...

I would hugely appreciate if that could be a possibility. (until the day we get a x64 version that works fine, all the time)

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Francois424

If I may ask a request of the mod creator... discard if you don't want to, don't feel like it, or just find my request stupid.

The flight computer provided with Remote Tech is the original reason I got the mod. It's perfect for what I need it for, and barring a few very rare and odd bugs (like not heading the correct way, or infinite spins when told to point to the maneuver node) works like an absolute charm. I kinda found out you need to have a connection for it to work, and found I started to love making this mod work to the fullest ! :)

However, fact is I am running out of memory because I have like 25 satellites, plus all my crafts and bases and all of that. So I have to stop using it :(

So onto the request, and I think you see me coming. Would it be possible to make a mod of ONLY the flight computer ? No parts, no signal delay, no checking if the satellite has sight of the KSP direct/indirect... I know there's mechjeb and stuff, but I only want YOUR flight computer to be usable anywhere even if not an automated ship...

I would hugely appreciate if that could be a possibility. (until the day we get a x64 version that works fine, all the time)

Thanks for reading.

I must say that after building a network so you can have signal everywhere the game runs a lot slower. Myself I would prefer a RemoteTech lite where you needed a lot less satellites to build a network. I might start using that `every dish is omni` .cfg purely for that reason. Then I`d just have to launch three comsats into HKO and that would give me a fairly good system wide signal (and good FPS)...

I think I've found a bug. I've just launched a probe to Duna using a B9 shuttle (not a rocket from launchpad) to save founds. Since I've undocked it from cargo bay it gives me local control instead of green status connection. I've used 2 antennas (Communotron 88-88 and Communotron 16) and I can control it even with every antenna deactivated. I also don't have a delay effect.

I'm wandering if undocking from a shuttle is an improper way to use a probe? Also a space telescope loaded with a shuttle cargo gives me local control and I can use it without antennas...

I haven't found this kind of issue in github pages; when I'll have time I'll do a registration and open a new issue.

Sorry I took so long to reply. I've made some screenshots and added a bit of commentary. This wasn't exhaustive testing because I don't know where to start, but if you want me to try anything, just say the word. I hope it's me doing something stupidly wrong, because that's easier to fix than a bug or mod conflict!! My original scansat had the tier one probe core I think, that's another difference.

http://imgur.com/a/vVmoo

The problem involves ScanSat, not action groups. The ScanSat parts were in an action group with the antenna and panels.

I was able to right-click activate everything, but as soon as I tried to activate the ScanSat modules, the queuing bug(?) occurred. At this point I did do a full clean re-install of KSP and all the mods I use.

Eventually I found a method to avoid this - launch, activate antenna and panels with right-click menus, set a node to reach orbit and hit "EXEC" before going out of range of the KSC.

After the node executes, quit the game, edit the persist file and change the ScanSat parts to activated=true. Reload the game and the parts are deployed but not functioning - so the next time the probe has a connection with KSC, I clicked "activate" again and they deployed again, and began to function.

Should I raise this in the ScanSat thread?

Ok,my plans for a pole relay failed a little,the Mün is to close to Kerbin to be visible from the exact poles but it is visible from near the edge of the capes and very close to the pole itself.

But Kerbol is always up on the exact pole.

Also both poles of Mün are criss-cross of ridges,valleys & map seams,so you can't land there,I did however found some small spots near it's northern pole,where you can land a relay.

Now the plan is to position smaller connectors around the noth pole of Kerbin using the pole relay as the centre,this way allowing signal to always go across the planet.

Can't get connection with a probe using reflectron dp-10 at launchpad, with energy available... installed v.1.5.1 RT as part of realism overhaul v6.1.2c installation, with help of CKAN.

May be i missed something? How to make that work?

I tiled whole ship with antennas, used a manned station - no effect, manned station has no connection to KSP at launchpad too, with any antenna config.

Can't get connection with a probe using reflectron dp-10 at launchpad, with energy available... installed v.1.5.1 RT as part of realism overhaul v6.1.2c installation, with help of CKAN.

May be i missed something? How to make that work?

I tiled whole ship with antennas, used a manned station - no effect, manned station has no connection to KSP at launchpad too, with any antenna config.

realism overhaul have any cfg for RT on there OP ? for they are changing the range.

EDIT- This is for RSS https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/RT2_RSS.zip

Edited by Mecripp2

Hi all,

I encountered the same problem with as Climberfx in getting a command station to work. The station would show a red dot to indicate it was a command node when it was the active vessel, however, when switching to a remote probe, the station would NOT show the red dot and required a relay to Kerbin mission control in order to show a green command link to the probe.

I made a quick test craft using the RC-L01 probe core as the root part and enough crew, and sure enough, it remained a red dot command node even when not the active vessel.

In order to further prove the theory, as well as save my sanity, since the giant command station I'd originally created was already orbiting Minnus and refueling for a Jool exploration, I did the following:

I re-loaded my command station in the VAB, reset the root part to the RC-L01 probe core (using the 'SelectRoot' add-on), then put it on the launch pad with no crew.

I then edited the persistence.sfs file to place the crew from the original ship into the new root-core version, and likewise copied the original ship orbit details over to the new ship.

I then deleted the old ship's VESSEL record.

When I started up the game, the new root-core version of the command station was right where the original station was, with the original crew - but was now showing the red dot for command node both when it was the active vessel as well as when viewed from a different vessel, or even the space tracking station screen. It was able to command a remote probe over a direct dish-to-dish link (no other links active to ensure control was from the command station) and the signal delay parameter matched the expected short distance. (Minnus->Kerbin Mission control is about .15 seconds, to the orbiting command station it now shows 0.000671s) :D

I have a space station, with 6 kerbals on it and the large remote core unit.

Is the same station i have in orbit of kerbin, but this one start on kerbin, and now is on mun. Sinse it's creation, the SSL Mun is not turning into a command center like the SSL Kerbin did.

The conditions are the same.

What is going on, is there any thing i can do to enable it as command center on this station like the other did?

Hi all,

I encountered the same problem with as Climberfx in getting a command station to work. The station would show a red dot to indicate it was a command node when it was the active vessel, however, when switching to a remote probe, the station would NOT show the red dot and required a relay to Kerbin mission control in order to show a green command link to the probe.

I made a quick test craft using the RC-L01 probe core as the root part and enough crew, and sure enough, it remained a red dot command node even when not the active vessel.

In order to further prove the theory, as well as save my sanity, since the giant command station I'd originally created was already orbiting Minnus and refueling for a Jool exploration, I did the following:

I re-loaded my command station in the VAB, reset the root part to the RC-L01 probe core (using the 'SelectRoot' add-on), then put it on the launch pad with no crew.

I then edited the persistence.sfs file to place the crew from the original ship into the new root-core version, and likewise copied the original ship orbit details over to the new ship.

I then deleted the old ship's VESSEL record.

When I started up the game, the new root-core version of the command station was right where the original station was, with the original crew - but was now showing the red dot for command node both when it was the active vessel as well as when viewed from a different vessel, or even the space tracking station screen. It was able to command a remote probe over a direct dish-to-dish link (no other links active to ensure control was from the command station) and the signal delay parameter matched the expected short distance. (Minnus->Kerbin Mission control is about .15 seconds, to the orbiting command station it now shows 0.000671s) :D

In my case, i have the same station on Kerbin orbit, and other in Mun, the Mun one never worked as Command Center. And the Kerbin one, started working, but with some docking in and out, now it is not working as CC anymore. I did a small version of the Station, with same functionality but smaller, 6 kerbs, and put in Minmus, that one is the only with red dot now.

But even with the red dod, it still connecting to KSC and still having the signal delay to execute commands.

And i figure out another thing i think is a bug. I have a lander with alcor capsule plus a octogonal little core on it, with no kerbals. And i have an omni antena connected with signal to my relay network. But i can't control it. It send me the message that i don't have the signal. But it have, i 5x checked. More than 5x.

What is that?

15656696909_c17f56b121_o.pngscreenshot44 by Climberfx, on Flickr

p.s.: I'm using the Automated pre-release of branch 1.6.0 build 160 on Mac OSX.

Edited by Climberfx

So, forgive if this was covered somewhere in the 150 previous pages but I've discovered something funky...

I'm sending MKS modules to assemble my Mun base. Most of these parts have accommodations for Kerbals, so KSP of course populates them in the VAB. In the interest of challenge I want to send these over empty and bring the crew in after its all assembled, so I kick the crew out in the VAB and have the whole apparatus go up with a Communitron 32 and an unmanned core as the root part. This should give me a communication gap for some distance between my Kerbin GeoSAT network and the Munar relay network. Trouble is, even though there is no meat in the cabin, I'm still showing "local control" and have command of the vessel whilst in the communication gap area. Bug or "equipment superior to operator"?

So, forgive if this was covered somewhere in the 150 previous pages but I've discovered something funky...

I'm sending MKS modules to assemble my Mun base. Most of these parts have accommodations for Kerbals, so KSP of course populates them in the VAB. In the interest of challenge I want to send these over empty and bring the crew in after its all assembled, so I kick the crew out in the VAB and have the whole apparatus go up with a Communitron 32 and an unmanned core as the root part. This should give me a communication gap for some distance between my Kerbin GeoSAT network and the Munar relay network. Trouble is, even though there is no meat in the cabin, I'm still showing "local control" and have command of the vessel whilst in the communication gap area. Bug or "equipment superior to operator"?

That's because they don't have RT's SPU module. MM config like

@PART[*]:HAS[MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:FOR[RemoteTech] {
%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

should do the trick. Not sure if spelled right - away from KSP PC, feel free to correct me.

That's because they don't have RT's SPU module. MM config like

@PART[*]:HAS[MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:FOR[RemoteTech] {
%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

should do the trick. Not sure if spelled right - away from KSP PC, feel free to correct me.

There's a config file in the MKS package for that, but it's still looking for "RemoteTech2." Until I can get a fix to RoverDude, edit GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/MKS_OKS_RT2.cfg to change all of the :HAS[RemoteTech2] clauses to :HAS[RemoteTech].