[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Don't forget that the orbital time has been changed form 6 hours to 5h 59m 1s when you're setting up your geosynchronous comm sats.

Can someone with better Kepler skills double check my math... does that mean the new geo orbit is 3462.43km (rounded to six significant digits or 2862.43km in KSP terms taking into account equatorial ASL)?

Anyone else having issues with the comm arrays? For some reason mine are doing this:

Ww0pJP6.jpg

The only mods I have installed are Engineer Redux, RemoteTech, Procedural fairings, and the toolbar and module manager, so I don't think there'd be anything overriding the changes RemoteTech makes.

The dishes work when right clicked (giving the option to choose a target/activate), but the deployable ones (the one I've right clicked there) do not.

Do you have module manager twice by any chance? That is usually the cause of this...

Is there any other directory that module manager loads from other than GameData? I only have one instance of it in GameData, but it's the newer version (2.2.0) so maybe that breaks it?

It will load from anywhere within GameData, so if you have one in GameData and one in any subfolder it'll load twice. Just search from GameData for "ModuleManager", only a single .dll should come up (and that should be the newest version available, if possible).

I'm a little stumped with a minor bug, and I think RT 2 might be the culprit.

When piloting a ship with a drone core on it, if I right-click for a tweakable to activate/deactivate an antennae, or shutdown/restart engines, and then click the option for 'activate', it remains 'activate' rather than flipping over to 'shutdown' or whatever - I have to right click the part again in order to get the alternate option.

This doesn't seem to happen with pilot-only ships, and is really noticeable on RT2 antennas.

Anyone else had anything like this happen?

I'm a little stumped with a minor bug, and I think RT 2 might be the culprit.

When piloting a ship with a drone core on it, if I right-click for a tweakable to activate/deactivate an antennae, or shutdown/restart engines, and then click the option for 'activate', it remains 'activate' rather than flipping over to 'shutdown' or whatever - I have to right click the part again in order to get the alternate option.

This doesn't seem to happen with pilot-only ships, and is really noticeable on RT2 antennas.

Anyone else had anything like this happen?

I've had that on all 'toggle' buttons since I installed RT2 1.4.0 (e.g., activate/deactivate, Lights On/Lights Off, etc). Have to re-right click the object to click the toggled state.

It will load from anywhere within GameData, so if you have one in GameData and one in any subfolder it'll load twice. Just search from GameData for "ModuleManager", only a single .dll should come up (and that should be the newest version available, if possible).

No, only the one copy of ModuleManager.

I think the part was just bugged for whatever reason. I made a new ship and put on the dish again and it seems to be working as normal. I forgot to see if it still functions as normal after switching away from it but I don't see a reason it'd screw up (though there wasn't really one in the first place).

Can someone help me please (0.24 btw). I have launched a very simple satellite with just 1 dish to test (pointed at mission control).

http://i.imgur.com/U4EPVxc.png

But as you see in that picture (and this one: http://i.imgur.com/OjNT8KL.png) it stays under local control and won't lose signal/become deactive. I have downloaded the version v1.4.0 from Github and copied the file structure, also I have only 1 version of ModuleManager (v2.2.0) as I looked back though the thread and saw that it could cause issues but still nothing :( .

I've tried on x64bit and x32bit. The only mods I have are Visual Enhancements and Engineer (which is not on the vessel btw).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can someone help me please (0.24 btw). I have launched a very simple satellite with just 1 dish to test (pointed at mission control).

http://i.imgur.com/U4EPVxc.png

But as you see in that picture (and this one: http://i.imgur.com/OjNT8KL.png) it stays under local control and won't lose signal/become deactive. I have downloaded the version v1.4.0 from Github and copied the file structure, also I have only 1 version of ModuleManager (v2.2.0) as I looked back though the thread and saw that it could cause issues but still nothing :( .

I've tried on x64bit and x32bit. The only mods I have are Visual Enhancements and Engineer (which is not on the vessel btw).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does it have mechjeb on it? I think mechjeb still counts as a probe, and it's not changed by remotetech

Satellites need to be in range of KSC or have relay access through another satellite that has a direct line of sight with KSC.

I`ve made that mistake 100 times aswell :)

Yea but this is not within KSC range but still has "local control"

Does it have mechjeb on it? I think mechjeb still counts as a probe, and it's not changed by remotetech

Nope, my only mods are the Visual Enhancer and Kerbal Engineer (which btw 0 parts from that pack are on this probe). The probe is just the first hexagonal(?) probe you can unlock.

Nope, my only mods are the Visual Enhancer and Kerbal Engineer (which btw 0 parts from that pack are on this probe). The probe is just the first hexagonal(?) probe you can unlock.

When you are in VAB and right click on that probe body in the parts list (not on your buildt probe) do you see "Signal Processor" and "Technology Perk"?

Also can you post the .craft file?

Oh and Double check you have ModuleManager<version number>.dll in your GameData directory.

Without that, the probes don't get the right perks.

Edited by elfindreams

Your probe part has not been modified to use remote tech. What probe part is it from what pack? Is there a Remote Tech 2 cfg for the pack ? With the info I can help ya