1,282 members have voted

1. 1. What to work on next?

• More wheels
    • More tracks
    • Rover bodies
    • Landing gear
    • Landing legs
    • Something completely different

Yes and no. It's not technically difficult to implement - EvilReaper came up with a very elegant solution. It has potentially far reaching implications I may not fully understand, though, so I'm being quite cautious about releasing just yet.

I'll feel a little happier once I've done some more testing myself and had a little feedback from the other guys. I can already think of a few things I want to add along with some error handling here and there. I know a lot of people want this feature, but I'd hate to release something that really breaks their games. Uncharted territory, just treading carefully :)

lo-fi,

I have found a temporary fix for the longer tracks, however it up-sizes everything but add a "scale = 1" and "rescaleFactor = 4" Line just under "mesh = AlphaMediumTrack.mu" I have a current part that does just that but for the name I replaced ALPHA with BETA. Everything else is the same for the moment. I'll try to get some pictures but for the moment this works, I just have to mess around with the attachment nodes a little more and I "MIGHT" have them attaching how I like em too.

I have also made a hover craft prototype with the surface pad. I really like them Except some of the pads like to show up as they are at 0 height even with more than half power on the craft. I've been setting up something special lately for my twitch stream and it will have some Hover and Tracked crafts featured in it. As with a few other mods, but I will not mention them in your thread, unless your ok with it.

Damaske out!

I really can't see what your issue is with the suspension. Setting the spring to zero effectively disables any springiness, though the wheels will still follow the terrain to limit of their travel. If you're flipping over this is likely to make matters worse, not better, however. Orbitus (IIRC) has made a plugin to tweak the torque values which will work for my wheels, maybe that will help too?

Otherwise, post a video maybe? I use MSI afterburner, which is a free tweaking tool that includes vid capture.

ok i'll try that.

the problem is i just made a half track that scrapes it's ass along the runway when i launch it :P so yeah i gotta fix that.

Nothing wrong with a bit of config bashing, Damaske!

You could also try setting the suspension spring right up in that case, and the tracks have torque adjustment anyway, AntiMatter.

Lets see these creations! :D

Gonna try to use my speed-record machine with water repulsors soon. We'll see if I can sink it by going too fast.

Edit: 747m/s and it shrugs it off! Impressive. No pictures, but it's not like there's anything awesome to see. Just my speed-challenge craft sailing over endless blue.

Edited by Madrias

That is excellent news :)

I'm busy checking what happens when I compile against the 24.2 references. Couple of niggles in the resources code so far and that's the worst of it. The resources stuff in the API is an awkward pain in the ass at the best of times, so this comes as no surprise.

A weird bug- occasionally, the ant-gravity repulsions will just cut out. Usually a few seconds after loading the craft. I have no idea why.

Also, I have a request for the next update- I know the anti-gravity uses power. Can we set how much power it uses somehow?

A weird bug- occasionally, the ant-gravity repulsions will just cut out. Usually a few seconds after loading the craft. I have no idea why.

Also, I have a request for the next update- I know the anti-gravity uses power. Can we set how much power it uses somehow?

The repulsors need a lot of power, do you have enough electric charge or power generation to handle it?

The repulsors need a lot of power, do you have enough electric charge or power generation to handle it?

Yup. Turns out that if you use any legacy parts from 0.23.5 (KSPX parts), the repulsions will randomly stop working.

That is excellent news k_smiley.gif

I'm busy checking what happens when I compile against the 24.2 references. Couple of niggles in the resources code so far and that's the worst of it. The resources stuff in the API is an awkward pain in the ass at the best of times, so this comes as no surprise.

Nothing like an awkward pain in your ass to really make you feel alive.

Would be really helpful to test interactions (if any) between craft using the test repulsors to hover over water when they get really close. I'll also have an Auxiliary Power Unit which will burn fuel to create EC for testing later on. Spanner is kindly working on the model, but I'll have a fake part and config to test before that's finished. This will be specifically designed to power 4 repulsors continuously, and should be a useful KSP part in general.

And how about a Kerbal version of this using the Surface repulsors ;)

2885810352_201b76ab81_o.jpg

Great mod I have been building lots of Speeders and I have also used these for off rough off runway landings for my space planes heading for Duna. :)

Are you planning to make the repulsors work on water in future updates?

Edit: Nevermind! Sorry seen your post on previous page.

Nice work! Reminds me I need to get to grips with lights and emissives for repulsor effects. :)

I think I've got the dynamics nailed, so I'll work on that next while the water code is being tested and tinkered with.

Do post some pics, bazz :)

It is my considered opinion that these new repulsors are bleepin marvelous , currently on way to south pole , i think that'll test them . now of course we need some aerodynamic ones now we can go fast for thousands of miles, muhwahaha, hope you realise you've just opened up a whole new arena for my creations, Cheers buddy

yRpHoZe.png

Are they your parts you're building those fantastic looking Repulsorcraft out of? The test surface versions will work too, though that reminds me that I really need to tweak the aero parts of the configs.

Few niggles I'm still trying to wrangle out of the water code, though it's not looking bad so far. Little held up playing with that brilliant APU, I have to admit ;)

yes all my parts apart from the bits that are yours and the squad wingy bits, seems theres some unaccounted for drag coming from somewhere, tested thing in pics along side DasKat my long term water toy, now it's a given that the cat is much lighter but the thing in the pics has 4 times the power, now why does kat do over 256ms in the water and something in air with 4 times the power and allegedly no friction barely scrape 150ms and yes i know these are stupid figures but thats what i do, i go fast

Current test 2000 miles in and no problems or excessive vibration reported by crew of 20 discerning Kerbs