[0.90] ON HOLD Klockheed Martian Special Parts V2.2 - 28-Nov - Dev Thread

Not sure if anyone can look into this, but I'm getting a strange bug. I start off with a Mk1-2 capsule and storage shroud or cargo bay. A few tons or so on the pad. A quicksave/quickload later, the mass increases (like 4 or 5 times). Another quicksave/quickload, the mass increases again. After a loading it a few times, the mass kept increasing into the kilotons.

I had a station with a few storage shrouds attached, which is currently a few quintillion tons due to the mass of these parts duplicating every time it gets loaded. No wonder it wouldn't turn...

Not sure if anyone can look into this, but I'm getting a strange bug. I start off with a Mk1-2 capsule and storage shroud or cargo bay. A few tons or so on the pad. A quicksave/quickload later, the mass increases (like 4 or 5 times). Another quicksave/quickload, the mass increases again. After a loading it a few times, the mass kept increasing into the kilotons...

That sounds like a TweakScale bug. People have been reporting mass-scaling issue in the TweakScale thread.

That sounds like a TweakScale bug. People have been reporting mass-scaling issue in the TweakScale thread.

Did a little more testing, and tweakscale does seem to be bugging out lots.

EDIT: Yup, definitely tweakscale. Downgrading to version 1.44 seems to solve it for me.

Edited by Monopropellant

• 4 weeks later...
I can't get the animations to work, am I doing something wrong?

I will look into this when I get a chance. Unfortunately any real development on this is on hold until sarbian rewrites the plugins for the parent mod. This relies on those plugins to function and without them I can't do much work on this.

It is taken from the firespitter module so you would best get help there however I will try to explain it.

MODULE {

name = KMbuoyancy //name of module do not change

buoyancyForceInflated = 8 //upwards force applied to object when touching water

forcePointName = buoy1 //The point of the object at which bouyancy is activated when it touches the water, this is an empty game object in unity

isMaster = True //this is specified true if you have more than one forcepoint

sound_inflate = Klockheed_Martian_Special/Sounds/inflateshort //self explanatory

sound_deflate = Klockheed_Martian_Special/Sounds/inflatelong //self explanatory

}

Basically what you should do for "round" ball-like floats is have a single forcepoint in the center of the mesh; this is an empty object in unity with the y axis facing upwards. If you are doing a round "pancake" float like on the bottom of the apollo command pod, put 4 force points, one on each corner of the float at 90 degree angles from eachother. You need to define each of these in the config file as a separate kmbouyancy module. The first one will be master=true the other 3 will be master=false.

It is taken from the firespitter module so you would best get help there however I will try to explain it.

MODULE {

name = KMbuoyancy //name of module do not change

buoyancyForceInflated = 8 //upwards force applied to object when touching water

forcePointName = buoy1 //The point of the object at which bouyancy is activated when it touches the water, this is an empty game object in unity

isMaster = True //this is specified true if you have more than one forcepoint

sound_inflate = Klockheed_Martian_Special/Sounds/inflateshort //self explanatory

sound_deflate = Klockheed_Martian_Special/Sounds/inflatelong //self explanatory

}

Basically what you should do for "round" ball-like floats is have a single forcepoint in the center of the mesh; this is an empty object in unity with the y axis facing upwards. If you are doing a round "pancake" float like on the bottom of the apollo command pod, put 4 force points, one on each corner of the float at 90 degree angles from eachother. You need to define each of these in the config file as a separate kmbouyancy module. The first one will be master=true the other 3 will be master=false.

Ah, so Friz, the creator of the model, would have to do extra stuff to get this to work with his floats. I see now. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Does this still work with 0.90?

Yes it does but the plugin for the wetworkshop is being dropped unless someone wants to take it on. All of the cargobays and adapters will be maintained and once the plugin breaks entirely it will be removed from the plugin unless someone decides to take it as sarbian has stated he won't be maintaining it.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes it does but the plugin for the wetworkshop is being dropped unless someone wants to take it on. All of the cargobays and adapters will be maintained and once the plugin breaks entirely it will be removed from the plugin unless someone decides to take it as sarbian has stated he won't be maintaining it.

I'm not seeing the option to show/hide the cargo bay shroud, even when I create it as a new craft in the VAB

• 2 months later...

Hmm. I've discovered that if I right-click on a cargo bay, not only does the right click menu not appear, but it seems to 'break' the right-click menu and nothing else will have its normal right-click menu appear after that. I have to leave the VAB and come back in to be able to get the right-click menu from anything else, and I have to be careful not to right-click the cargo bay again. End caps don't cause the same problem, haven't experimented yet to find out which parts do it.

Hmm. I've discovered that if I right-click on a cargo bay, not only does the right click menu not appear, but it seems to 'break' the right-click menu and nothing else will have its normal right-click menu appear after that. I have to leave the VAB and come back in to be able to get the right-click menu from anything else, and I have to be careful not to right-click the cargo bay again. End caps don't cause the same problem, haven't experimented yet to find out which parts do it.

That happens with Ven's mod too and someone said its the ( TRReflection ) on the parts not sure if this mod has it on the parts but it might if that helps.

• 1 month later...

I only used the inflatables from this pack, but use them quite a bit.

Under 1.0.2, I'm finding buoyancy is there but flaky (works great on Kerbin, barely seems to work on Laythe), and auto-deploy is busted.

If anyone knows of .cfg fixes, or an alternate buoyancy dll that's working better, please let me know.

If there aren't any other choices, how about a link to the dll source? I haven't messed with compiling KSP plugins, but 30 years of programming oughta be good for something now that I'm retired, right? :)

I only used the inflatables from this pack, but use them quite a bit.

Under 1.0.2, I'm finding buoyancy is there but flaky (works great on Kerbin, barely seems to work on Laythe), and auto-deploy is busted.

If anyone knows of .cfg fixes, or an alternate buoyancy dll that's working better, please let me know.

If there aren't any other choices, how about a link to the dll source? I haven't messed with compiling KSP plugins, but 30 years of programming oughta be good for something now that I'm retired, right? :)

I also use the inflatables from this mod and have noticed the same things.

I believe that dtobi turned over the source to raidernick, so hopefully there can still be a fix for these parts.

On another note, I still use the Skylab (awesome to find a mod with IVA). I have modified the .cfg file for this so that it works like the stock lab, and fixed the node_attach_bottom for 1.0. I also fixed the config on the telescope lens and hatch. That is about all that I use from this pack anymore. I'd probably use more, but I have been resistant to install tweak scale into my 1.0 install.

I am a big fan of Lunaran's Wetworks crew tanks.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/61167-WIP-Wetworks-Crew-Tanks

I'd love it if we could get the SkyLab part to act like one of those tanks.

I have the part source files only. I can make a fix for those but the plugins are busted. Sarbian has the source for those only and he said he won't be fixing them once they break. I will likely remove them from the pack.

I have the part source files only. I can make a fix for those but the plugins are busted. Sarbian has the source for those only and he said he won't be fixing them once they break. I will likely remove them from the pack.

Well, if he won't be fixing them why is he holding on to the source? Is it a license issue? Surely someone can take a stab at it if he's unwilling to.

Those are nice but kind of bulky and the foats do not auto inflate on landing in water like the klockheed martian ones did. So is RN updating this mod? That is what is in the OP first thread.

I really liked the compact inflatable heatshield. The USI ones are I hate to use sucha harsh would but ridiculously thick. They are like 1/3 the height of the space capsule. I did post a msg on RD's forum suggesting the maybe he could make them thinner and maybe even combine a heatshield.

For the floats once one has gotten used to the auto inflation on water contact it seems kind of silly to have to press a action button just to see the floats for the tenth of a second before you recover the vehicle. Even when the auto inflated you don't tend to see them for long but it was a nice visual effect that made it worth the extra weight to me. Somehow having to press an action group is not as spiffy.

Is it possible to get a copy of the last working source code to the klockheed martian special parts?

Edited by ctbram

Is it possible to get a copy of the last working source code to the klockheed martian special parts?

No it's not. And I am going to update this, but I have about 20 different projects I am working on that are all higher priority than this as this is perfectly workable still you just need to enable the node cheat to connect the parts. I don't appreciate being rushed on things and to be perfectly honest I have this thing that for each person who constantly whines about something it delays me working on the mod for that much longer.

No it's not. And I am going to update this, but I have about 20 different projects I am working on that are all higher priority than this as this is perfectly workable still you just need to enable the node cheat to connect the parts. I don't appreciate being rushed on things and to be perfectly honest I have this thing that for each person who constantly whines about something it delays me working on the mod for that much longer.

You are a stud, take your time, do what needs doing, and don't feel rushed. But can ya fill me in on the node cheat I came to ask about that anyway.